Results

Results

A Chapter by Jelly Shot
"

The news for Johnny upset Harper

"
The next day at school Harper felt this sting in her stomach. She felt dizzy as she approached her boyfriend, Johnny, near his locker. She pulled back the brown hair that brushed over her worried eyes. Johnny caught a glimpse of her from the corner of his eye, and turned mirroring her expression.
     "Guess what Johnny?" Harper spoke softly, almost inaudible.
     Johnny swallowed hard before saying, "What is it?"
     Harper sighed with a sad smile on her face. It took her a minute before she answered, "I'm not... pregnant." She quickly looked up to see his expression. He was closing his eyes and sighing in relief. "So," she started staring at her hands, "You're happy?"
     He opened his eyes to see her's closed. "Why, is it a bad thing? Should I be sad?" he asked taking her hands. "Baby, I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to be a dad. I have school, and I'm fifteen!"
    "I understand. I didn't actually expect you to be sad. I mean, me being pregnant at fourteen, and it's only freshman year. I'm sorry if I'm taking this the wrong way, but I kinda was hoping-"
     "No you shouldn't be hoping Harper. You could of ruined your whole future. This won't happen for you, I won't allow it ever again." Johnny turned away and took a deep breath. "No more sex, unless one day we are married. I knew it was stupid for us to have sex, but it was done, and now we're not taking anymore risks. Okay?"
     Harper nodded slowly. "No more risks." she repeated in a whisper.
     The bell rang, Harper jumped startled. Johnny kissed her forehead trying to hide his smile. "See you in third period." he said softly.
     She watched him walk away until he turned in the hallway. Harper went to the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror. She has not fully blossomed, noticed by her baby face, flat chest, and non curvy figure. She sighed and whispered, "How can this body have sex?"
      Then a stall was opened and Harper jumped for the second time. Bessie stood out with her short sandy hair covering half her face as she chewed on mint bubble gum. "So now you're criticizing your body?" she teased going up to the sink.
      Harper was speechless as she just watched Bessie play with her hair and shift her designer clothes. Bessie turned to her and her glossy, naturally red lips smiled. "Don't criticize yourself." she gave her a hug and walked out. Harper stared at the mirror and sighed.

Third period came quicker than Harper thought. That was the only class Harper, Bessie and Johnny had the same class. It was music class, mostly dance and singing, and they sat next to each other in the middle of the set of chairs. Miss Mancy was very talented and loved singing and showing off her dance moves she learned or made up.
     She wore an elegant soft pink dress with her long crimson hair in a braid, and two inched high heels. Harper thought she was the best dressed teacher in her school. Miss Mancy swirled to the center of the room with a smile flashing her perfectly whitened teeth.
    "Morning class! Oh how lovely the day is. The sun is shining, birds chirping, and salsa in the air!" Miss Mancy hinted with a quick wink at the end of her sentence. "Now I've decided since you choose the same people, I will pick your dance partners! It's boring being with the same person." Miss Mancy sighed and lifted her hands up motioning the students to rise.
     The students rose to their feet, as Miss Mancy danced across the room pairing student who she thought was the perfect match. Bessie was matched with Johnny, and Harper with Clyde. Bessie smiled knowing Harper did not want to be with Johnny, nevertheless, dance with him.
     Harper studied Clyde. He was two inches taller than her, straightened black hair, unexpectedly bright blue eyes, tanned skin, and was not scrawny like most boys in her grade. She was pleased with her match and smiled nervously at him. He gave her a sheepish smile and looked down. Harper saw Johnny staring at her. She turned so he was out of view.
     Miss Mancy instructed the students for the boys to place their right hand on their partner's upper back in a straight angle. The ladies must place their left hand lightly on the boy's right shoulder, hovering their arms over the boy's. And soon Miss Mancy explained the steps, and they were dancing.

"Can you talk to me?" Johnny asked Harper as they sat across from each other at lunch. Bessie watched from afar on the other end.
     "Nope." Harper said taking a bite from her chicken finger.
     "Why? Is it because I'm not upset that you're not pre-"
    "Don't mention that ever again." Harper hissed interrupting him in mid sentence.
     Johnny sighed and shook his head. "Then what can I say?"
     "Nothing. Just let me eat." Harper stared down at her lunch poking at the corn as she chewed.
     "Baby-"
     "Don't call me that anymore." Harper interrupted once more.
     Johnny looked away and clenched his jaw. "Nothing is the same anymore huh?"
      Harper looked at him simultaneously as he turned to look at her. She swallowed the chicken and sighed, "Nope. Nothing will be the same, Johnny."     


© 2010 Jelly Shot


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was good. It's so sad how sex can ruin relationships so early. I really loved this :) Can't wait to read more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Read request me when the next chapter is up(:

Excellent chapter

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2010
Last Updated on November 3, 2010


Author

Jelly Shot
Jelly Shot

PA



About
Learning about me just simply read the kind of writings I write. I mean that surely should speak for itself. But, as many people won't agree, I guess I'll just write it down since people don't really .. more..

Writing
The Test The Test

A Chapter by Jelly Shot


A Rerun A Rerun

A Chapter by Jelly Shot


Breaking News Breaking News

A Chapter by Jelly Shot