Me and my cat

Me and my cat

A Story by rollinggirl
"

depressing story of girl being bullied, she also has a cat.

"
I looked down and stared at the soapy water. The water dripped off the ends of my hair and dropped into the milky liquid making circles that hit each others, it looked like a constant battle of ripples. Patches of bubbles sailed around the drain. I was breathing heavy. I’m not sure how long I was going to last. My hair stuck to my body as I lifted my head and started at the plain white ceiling that I’ve study so many times before. I started rubbing the dried blood, turning the pearl white water a ruby red. It was worse today. They left me in the janitor’s cabinet for all of lunch and part of 4th hour till the janitor found me. I didn’t tell the principal any of there names but they probably won’t care, just another reason to isolate me from everyone else. I thought about doing it, you know, multiple times, at least then I wouldn’t be in so much pain, but every time I almost do it I just think of my poor cat going hungry, or going to a shelter and being trapped in a cage.
It’s pitiful really, that the one thing stopping me from committing suicide is a stupid grey cat. I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my beat up body. I had worse physical pain before, but right now I was worried about my mind. I have these blackouts where I can’t remember what happened and I find myself in random places like a parking lot, or a street, or at the top of stairs, one time I found myself on top of the roof of a business building, the tiny lights of the city spread out before me, it was incredible till I realized that I was at the ledge of the roof top over looking a 40 foot drop into to traffic. I’m still not sure how I got in the building and to the top of the roof. Luckily nobody has found out about these sleep walks I’ve had so far, or they might send me away from here, to an institution of some sort where I will have to sit through tests and therapists asking me “and what do you see in this picture?” No, I would get through this.
Drying my hair off I heard something break downstairs. Arguing started after that. I was used to it now, my parents marriage had been strained after dad lost his job and mom had to take another part-time job, plus they have me to worry about. Another reason I don’t tell my parents, the relationship was already strained, I didn’t want to be the one to cut the few threads there where left. I turned on the blow dryer, covering up the sounds of yelling. The warm air felt good on my teared flesh. I took out my hidden first aid kit and applied the antiseptic to the wounds and bandage them. I saw a look in my eyes I hadn’t seen in a while, strength, the resolve to move forward and get through this.

“Meow.” The sound of scratching echoed through the tiled room. “Stone, you know your not allowed in the bathroom.” I said though the door, the scratching stopped. I sighed, Stone is the cat I was telling you about, he’s my best friend, my only friend. Wrapping the towel close to my body I opened the door letting out the warm heavy air to the cold still air out. There curled up in my bed was Stone. “ You know if my mom found out you were on the bed she would throw you out?” I only got a meow back in response. I sighed again. I had a habit of sighing a lot. “Stone, I have to change, can you get out?” I know, Stone is just a cat, but I feel really sensitive to eyes seeing my body, even if they are just animals. Stone seemed to understand as he jumped of the bed and left the room, I closed the door behind him. I dropped the towel and looked through my drawer for something to nap in. I never slept long, sometimes I didn’t know what was a dream and what was reality. I also had lost a lot of weight leaving scars around my stomach, I was eating, but it didn’t seem to matter, I was losing weight. I quickly slipped into some sweat pants and sweatshirt, they helped hide how much weight I lost. Opening the door I called Stone back in. I jumped onto the bed which creaked underneath me, Stone jumped up as well. I curled up with him and whispered “Good night.”



“You too."

© 2014 rollinggirl


Author's Note

rollinggirl
Constructive criticism only! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

only a suggestion. It would make an easier read if you break down those long paragraphs based on situation, movement and change of thoughts. An example would be "Drying my hair..."

Don't know if fiction or fact, but it reads real. If real--thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very well written. There are a few spelling errors here and there, but there is nothing else worth complaining. Good job! :) -A friend

Posted 9 Years Ago


touching story. good description.
one can't help but feel sorry for the girl you talk about.
nice story. well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


only a suggestion. It would make an easier read if you break down those long paragraphs based on situation, movement and change of thoughts. An example would be "Drying my hair..."

Don't know if fiction or fact, but it reads real. If real--thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2014
Last Updated on April 19, 2014
Tags: bullied, victuim, hurt, CAT

Author

rollinggirl
rollinggirl

Kotzebue, AK



About
I'm a girl and I had a really rough elementary and junior high experience, because of that I've always loved to read and keep to myself. i really like to write short stories although some tend to be a.. more..

Writing