once upon a dragon

once upon a dragon

A Story by rollinggirl
"

a princess, a prince, and a dragon. short short short story.

"
Once upon a time in a far away kingdom, there lived a beautiful princess. She was kind and generous, loved by the townspeople and distant kingdoms. She was often found out on her balcony way up high in the sky, where the sun turned her hair to gold and her eyes shining with life. There she would sing the most happiest song ever to be song. Although the princess had everything one could found her at her balcony on a full moon. The light turned her hair sliver and her eyes seem to glisten with tears. Again she would sing, this time it would be so sad, that many people who heard it were surprise that the sky itself did not cry. The king, realizing that the loneliness was making his daughter sad, arranged for a marriage to a neighboring kingdom. There lived a prince that was renowned for his loyalty an strength. He was handsome, kind , and funny. Both were immediately taken with each other and become best of friends very quickly. The kingdoms of of both the prince and princess were filled with joys and huzzahs for the coming wedding. The day soon came with excitement in the air, but the disaster struck. The sky grew to an angry red and fire blew from the clouds. Everyone that was there that day believed they had got a glimpse of hell itself. A blood red dragon swooped and roared, bigger then ten men and a wingspan bigger than twelve.Through all the chaos the princess was snatched from the castle and kidnapped by the dragon. They sent knight after knight to retrieve the princes, none return. And as they last knight they had disappeared, the king finally granted permission to his one and only son, the prince, to find the princess. The prince searched seas, mountains, plains and cities for the damsel in distress. Finally, as he reached the top of a particular mountain that sat in the middle of a mountain range, he found the dragon's lair.
The prince came upon the most unusual sight. Instead of bones littering the cavern floor like a carpet, instead of blood spattered on the wall like an angry paint job, instead of an all encompassing feeling of despair and hopelessness. The prince encountered the oddest sight he had ever seen, making him stand still in shock. For there in the middle of the room was a large banquet table filled with food. All the knights that had gone missing and were thought to be dead stood laughing and drinking. And at the head of the table, the princess and the dragon sat enjoying themselves. Heck, the dragon even looked like he was smiling, how do dragons even smile? The princess looked up to see the prince, she merrily gave him a smile and called to him "Prince, I would like you to meet my friend dragon."

© 2014 rollinggirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on September 21, 2014
Last Updated on September 21, 2014

Author

rollinggirl
rollinggirl

Kotzebue, AK



About
I'm a girl and I had a really rough elementary and junior high experience, because of that I've always loved to read and keep to myself. i really like to write short stories although some tend to be a.. more..

Writing