Down The Rabbit Hole Into Sunshine

Down The Rabbit Hole Into Sunshine

A Story by smurfett

Sometimes I feel like Alice falling down the rabbit hole.  Further and further into despair and confusion.  The walls as I pass, with the speed of light, seem to flicker like movie frames bits and pieces of the life I use to know.
Such quick glimpses of the good times.  Forgotten almost as quickly as they appeared.  Spiraling out of control, the dark images seem to be more frequent and last a hundred times longer than the pleasant ones.  
My life is in turmoil and I can barely look up to see what little light remains of the opening that consumed me so long ago.  Every now and again, I'll feel a shimmer of hope and I'll try to reach out and grab onto something....anything, just to keep from falling any further eventually hitting bottom.
What's the point? Just let go, it will be all over soon.  But then, something stirs within me.  I'm very uneasy.  Not in a bad way, but in a way I vaguely remember.  I sense happiness.  I don't want to fall like this.  I have so much to be happy for.  To get out of this I'll do whatever it takes.  Dear God, please show me your grace.  My Lord, I so need your strength and guidance.  
Amazing.....that's all I needed to do.  I am once again above the hole looking down.  What a beautiful life.  Make the best of it.  And never forget, when situations seem to get out of control.......it's okay to ask for help.

© 2012 smurfett


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know this despairing feeling have looked down that hole myself a time or two. Well done Poet.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

smurfett

11 Years Ago

Thanks Neva!! =)
Despair, confusion, turmoil... giving up. It's definitely OK to ask for help.

Posted 11 Years Ago


smurfett

11 Years Ago

Amen!!! Thanks for reading

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 27, 2012
Last Updated on August 27, 2012

Author

smurfett
smurfett

Lutz, FL



About
I am so moved by the vast differences in people and what inspires them to put pen to paper. Everyone has a story to tell. I hope my words can please and inspire those around me as well... more..

Writing
If If

A Poem by smurfett



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Yet again Yet again

A Poem by Ana Drake