Fairy Stone Park

Fairy Stone Park

A Chapter by snapjack

David favored this man a lot by the way he smiled and looked out of his eyes.

It made me nervous.

He also looked frigid.

“Madison, this is Mastema,” Alex said, reading my facial expression. Before I could speak, Mastema started.

“Hello, Madison,” Mastema said with the same accent as David. I couldn’t help but feel even more uncomfortable when he talked. I tried to smile a pleasant smile, but it came out pitifully. I didn’t need to see my expression to tell that.

“Nice to meet you too,” I tried. The smell of burnt rubber hit my nose again and I held back a gag.

“It’s been a while, but I can see he finally found you,” Mastema said and I tried the smile again.

“Yes,” I said weakly. Mastema chuckled and looked of at Alex. I looked hard at Alex and saw that he had his white glow around him again, but it slowly vanished as Mastema’s dark silhouette grew darker and more prominent.

 He reeked of physical wrongness, like he was not supposed to be here on Earth. At all.

As if he sensed what I was thinking, he looked me dead in the eye. Alex frowned and then looked over at Mastema. Mastema lifted the corner of his mouth into a small smile. He then looked at David, then Maggie, who walked into the living room to join us.

Maggie, David and Mastema had the same look on their faces. It was a look that scared me.

Alex took in a breath, widened his eyes and looked at me. Then David was on top of him, pinning him to the wall. Alex fought against David, but David stared him in the eye and Alex let out a raring yell.

Matt flung himself on me as Maggie ran to grab me. Mastema laughed and picked up Matt only to throw him against the kitchen molding. It almost looked like he didn’t even touch Matt.

“Run!” Alex screamed. Matt was groaning on the hard wood floor. David pulled Alex up against the wall with one hand around his throat; his face set in a blank look. I opened my mouth while I pushed myself against the couch’s cushions.

Maggie looked down at me with a look of disappointment.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered and I looked at her frantically.

“Don’t!” I screamed and Maggie put her hands around my neck. She was stronger than I thought. I was forced off of the couch and onto the floor. I choked and tried to hold onto the old wooden floorboards, but I came up short. I tried grabbing at her legs, but a shock rippled through me.

“I’m so sorry, Alexander, but I have to protect my family,” Mastema said.

With that, Mastema walked to me and I looked up at him.

“Please,” I whispered, but he merely shook his head.

“Pity only works on angels,” Mastema replied. Maggie squeezed harder on my neck and my vision started to become spotty until finally, all I saw was black.

“Fu-” Alex tried, but that’s all I heard as it echoed in my head. The vision of Alex bounced into my head, but it was too late.

 

 

 

 

I woke up in pitch blackness with my hands tied behind my back while sweat covered my body. My mouth was dry and I tried to look around, but couldn’t see anything at all. Dirt was underneath me and every move I made created dust that rushed up to my nose.

“Hello?” I whispered in a hoarse voice. Nothing happened. “Matt?” I tried again and still nothing. “Alex,” I whispered.

My ears started to ring after a while from the silence.

Flashbacks from when I had gotten kidnapped sang in my head like a siren. The black haired man’s face flashed in the darkness of my memories and tears started to sting my eyes. After a few seconds, tears were running down my cheeks.

I kicked myself to sit in an upright position and tried to listen while I pulled at the knots that bound my hands together.

A rustling noise came from above me and I stopped moving. I knew my eyes were wide as I strained to see in the darkness. I silently prayed for some form of relief, but my eyes were greeted with a bright light. I quickly shut them.

“Well, look who’s awake,” Mastema’s voice called ahead. I opened my eyes and had to squint to see through the artificial light in the doorway ahead. Mastema slowly walked down the stairs and came to stand next to me.

From what I could see, there was nothing but boxes around me in the basement looking area. I thought basements were supposed to be cold?

Mastema bent down to come face to face with me. His eyes reflected off of the light like David’s did and I flinched back. His lips formed a thin line and then looked back at the doorway. I looked at the doorway and my heart stopped.

 

 

 

 

 

I struggled against the ties that bound my feet and hands to the floor. It hadn’t been but a few minutes since I had woken up. Matt was lying next to me, still unconscious from the knock to the head. His slow breathing was how I knew he was still alive.

We were bounded up in the small office next to the kitchen. It was dark now, according to the drawn back shades, but it was still humid. Sweat dripped off of me and into my eyes, making them burn profusely, but all I could do was wipe my face on my shoulder.

My wrists were rubbed raw and ached, but I still tried.

“Matt,” I whispered to him, trying to be quiet. Either way, not matter how low we whispered, the demons would hear us. I cursed for not being able to budge into Mastema’s head or his families’ for that matter, but I could get into Matt’s.

 I merely rolled my eyes and continued to struggle. The knots were attached to metal rings that were freshly screwed to the wooden floorboards, preventing me from kicking Matt awake. Instead, I would get into his dreaming mind.

I leaned as close as I could to him.

“Matt!” I yelled loudly into his thick skull. Matt jerked awake and slowly opened his eyes. His eyes snapped open and looked next to him and then to me. He jerked back a little when he came nose to nose with me.

“Jesus,” Matt started, but stopped when I hushed him. Matt groaned and squinted his eyes like he had a head ache.

“Be quiet,” I whispered, angrily. Matt closed his mouth and then wiggled his hands and feet to find out the same thing that I did when I woke up.

“Madison,” Matt whispered and my heart dropped another six feet.

“Yeah, I know,” I whispered back. Just as sudden as fate brought her to me, Madison’s yell came from outside. Matt and I both looked up at the window, practically expecting her to jump through it, but that opportunity never came within those three seconds of looking.

We both began to squirm in our ropes, until I yelled out in frustration.

Maggie came through the door with wide eyes.

“Alex, I-” Maggie started, calmly, but I cut her off. I could feel my eyes turning darker at the sight of her.

“I’ll kill you! I’ll send you all to Hell myself!” I screamed. She bit her lip and looked away to nothing in particular.

“Alex,” She tried again in the same calm voice, starting to look upset.

“F**k you!” I spat. “I trusted you,” I snarled again.

“Get us out of these and help us,” Matt said, having to look over his shoulder to see her. She looked down at him, tears starting to come down her cheeks. Then she swallowed.

“I can’t,” she whispered.

“What happened, Maggie?” I snarled, questioningly. Her name was like toxin in my mouth. More tears came and she looked away at something else. Her mouth formed into a thin line. She opened her mouth to speak, but quickly ran out the door.

“Maggie!” I yelled, angrily, but she didn’t come back. Although, she left the door open.

“What the f**k is going on?” Matt asked me. I glared at him and tried the ropes again.

Another of Madison’s screams echoed through the trees outside. She screamed for me and I could hear how hoarse her voice was. I could also hear the ruffle of wings as she was lifted into the air and away from me.

Mastema came down the hallway and I looked at him. He stopped short and then approached me cautiously as if I were going to eat him.

“You need to be careful when getting her,” Mastema said.

“Why did you do this,” I asked. He took in a breath and then pulled out a pocket knife. He stood next to me and shook his head. He began sawing through the ropes on my ankles. “What did they threaten you with that was worth risking Madison’s life?”

Mastema looked at me, his eyes flickering off of the light, a scar like my own only it could not be hidden by clothing.

“They threatened to tell the Kings of my human wife and half-breed son,” Mastema said. I knew that he meant God and the King of Sins. Mastema blinked and shook his head, continuing to saw through the ropes. His pocket knife had the demonic sign on the blade.

“Where did they take her?” I asked. I already knew the answer to the question and he knew I did. The ropes fell from my legs and he flipped the knife in the air once, catching the blade with his fingers. Matt stared at the blade curiously. Mastema flipped the knife again, catching it by the handle and scooted next to my arms to cut off the ropes around my wrists.

Mastema took in another breath only to let it out in a sigh. He looked at me in a knowing look.

“Fairy Stone Park.”

 

 

 

 

 

I was crying on the ground where they left me, hugging my knees. Tall trees were around me, forming a loose circle. I could hear water running not far from me while a breeze raised the hairs on my arms. I put my hands down on the ground.

“Why are you crying, mortal child?” An angelic voice called. I looked up, exacerbated by the question. A ten foot tall man stood not far from me, completely naked with large, pale wings, gray spots dotting them randomly.

“Are you serious?” I almost shrieked. I squeezed my hands in the dirt and felt a small, thin rock in my hand.

The blonde haired angel bent down to come face to face with me, squatting on one knee while the other knee was propped up. His hand was only a few feet from me, but his face was dangerously close. His eyes were the same liquid silver as Vincent’s were except they had a little more gold in them.

“God awaits you, dear child,” the angel whispered, his voice didn’t sound like a man’s, but something in between a man and a woman’s voice. His breath on my face smelled like a fresh summer breeze at its finest.

“I’m not ready,” I whispered back. I looked him in the eye and didn’t dare feel scared. “If I were to die, I had plenty of chances those last few weeks to do so.”

The angel smiled.

“It is not your choice,” the angel replied. He stood back up, gradually getting taller with every move. More angels came from the woods, first far away then closer. I looked down at the rock in my hand and saw that it was in the exact shape of a cross. I looked down and there were three more around me, each perfectly shaped.

I pushed myself up from the ground, letting the rock fall out of my hand. The angels were each a glowing silhouette against the darkness. Each angel was different, but their own same race. Each had different colors of liquid eyes, their variations of large wings. The cold night breeze sent a smell that could only be described as fresh. One angel in particular caught my eye. It was the same one that nearly grabbed Alex’s truck. He stared down at me with a blank face. His hair looked like milk.

“Madison,” a voice said in the stillness. It came from behind me. I looked and there was a ten foot giant looking down at me with blonde curls that came down to his shoulders.

“Samuel,” I whispered.

“Samuel,” another voice called out. I looked around as did everyone else. Another form was coming through the trees. The ground rumbled against its footfalls.

A female angel emerged with black hair and wings the shade of a cream colored pastel. She looked down at me while she emerged, completely ignoring the angry mob about to kill me. I felt like I knew her, as if she were some childhood memory that I had forgotten. She then looked back up at Samuel.

“You’ve gone too far, Samuel,” the angel said. She spoke calmly and her face was firmly in place. This was not the first time she and Samuel had met based on how she spoke to him.

“Nemamiah,” Samuel whispered. The angels around me straightened up when Samuel spoke. They didn’t look ready to give into this woman. “When evil gets you down, call forth the angel to protect the weak and the helpless,” Samuel said mockingly.

Nemamiah snorted and looked him in the eye. Her smile was not hinted with amusement.

“Step back, Samuel,” Nemamiah said. She wore the face of a prepared warrior. Samuel stepped towards her and the other angels stepped in closer.

“Never,” Samuel replied. Nemamiah opened her wings to their full size so quickly that it took me a second to realize it.

I looked around. The other angels raised their wings and started closing in the circle. All of them were staring at Nemamiah, but she didn’t look afraid. Lighting struck above us, lighting up the sky with a sharp crackle. The light was so bright that it almost looked like daylight.

I was then lifted off of the ground and into the air. I screamed out and tried to grab onto something, but only found large fingers around my waist. I tried to look back at who was holding me, but the force was so strong that I could only look at the ground. Two small lights that jumped around caught my eye. It almost looked like headlights, but I didn’t have time to really look at it.

We were about a hundred feet up when something slammed into us. The hand let go of me and I went falling toward the ground. I screamed, but nothing came out. Air rushed through my lungs making it hard to breath. The trees were coming dangerously close and I closed my eyes, putting my hands out in front of me instinctively. Everything was going too fast.

“Madison,” Alex’s voice whispered in my head.

“Alex!” I screamed.  Branches whipped at me, smacking my leg until I couldn’t feel my leg. One branch managed to catch my fall. My neck flew forward and I felt my stomach crunch against the hard bark. I wailed out, but it only hurt worse when I did that. I clung onto the branch with my nails, my feet dangling off of the thick branch.

I screamed as hard as I could as I tried to hold on, but the pain was almost too unbearable.

The trees ahead of me roared to life, the branches swaying and the earth shaking. The sound of wings and yells made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I didn’t know if I should try to climb up higher, make my way down or just stay put, but the sharp pain in my leg and rib made me think better of moving.

A flash of lightning struck overhead again and I nearly fell out of the tree. The pain bought tears to my eyes and I dug my nails into the bark.

“Where are you?” Alex’s voice asked in my head, but I couldn’t answer out loud. Instead, I thought really hard about my surroundings, hoping that he could see the picture.

A crashing sound came from above me, progressing downward. I looked up just as large wings ruffled past me, knocking down branches. My branch bent in half and I was in the air again. I flailed, painfully, in the wind until I landed on soft, but firm feathers. The landing didn’t hurt, but the broken bones made it hurt.

I cried out, but couldn’t move. The wings from under me twitched and I managed to look up at the large face that was staring back at me. The man closed his eyes for a brief second and then opened them. He didn’t raise his head or move, but continued to stare at me.  

I tried to move away, but the sight of me burning on the ground made me stop trying. I was watching myself die in flames, but something was different about the vision. I looked up at the angel that was standing next to me. The same angel that was giving me the vision was watching me die with a sad look on his face as red flashed across his face.

The angel then turned to look down at me.

“It is not supposed to be like this,” the angel whispered to me.

I physically felt him gently touch my leg and then touch my rib. I watched as his eyes began to fade into a duller color against the flames of the vision.

“I give you a gift from me that was given to me by God. Do not hate Samuel or the rest for what we have done to you and Alexander,” the angel whispered. I felt him touch the back of my head while his finger stroked my forehead. “Be careful.”

Chick chick!

I snapped out of the vision and looked into the liquid eyes that were now starting to glaze over. His large hand fell to the ground only centimeters away from me.

“Madison,” Alex whispered. I jumped and turned my head. Alex stood with Matt, both holding strange guns. I looked at Alex’s blue eyes and sobbed which only caused me to hurt even more, but the pain began to stop.

Alex came running to me and gently pulled me into a hug, laying his gun down. He kissed me on the top of the head and put his hands on my cheeks. I looked at his face and he smiled.

“Come on, guys, we got to go,” Matt whispered loudly.

Severe pain formed right in between my eyebrows and then I couldn’t breathe. I started gasping for breath, but I couldn’t get air.

“What is it?” Alex asked in panic. I grabbed his shirt and squeezed until I felt like my bones would poke out. I tried to get air, but nothing was happening. My eyes started rolling into the back of my head. Matt and Alex were saying something, but I couldn’t hear them.

Something started happening, but I couldn’t see what it was.

Then everything was clear.

Monsters on their hands and feet were crawling towards me, snarling and drooling. Some were crawling on the trees, their eyes glazed red. Some of them I couldn’t see as good, but I could see the moon light hitting their slimy backs. Some had large fangs, some didn’t look like monsters at all, but looked like dead corpses with their mouths sewn shut and their eyes wide with fear.

The white aura from the angels began approaching from the distance, shining through the trees that I hid behind.

A hand grabbed me from behind and I screamed.

 



© 2010 snapjack


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I screamed as hard as I could as I tried to hold on, but the pain was almost too bearable." Did you mean unbearable? This chapter throws the reader right back into the plot. Excellent job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 18, 2010


Author

snapjack
snapjack

NC



About
All original photos that I have used can be located in my blog on here, named: ALL USED PHOTOS.... http://www.writerscafe.org/snapjack/blogs/All-used-photos-can-be-found-here:/10939/ Any const.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by snapjack