for my godess

for my godess

A Chapter by little bad puppy
"

a boy and his dog run away from home and save the world

"

The last thing john could remember that didn't make his head pound was the city guard hitting him in the face with his large metal fist. The flashes of light and sound he could recall after that was nothing compared to the dizziness that he seem to wallow in during his unconsciousness. It was like a constant movement, a gentle swaying, and rocking that seem to never stop. It seem to last forever his only companion in the velvet void that was his existence. To some degree it was comforting like the ground in a dark swift river that you cant see but you know when you put your foot down it will be there, solid and reassuring. John grew to actually enjoy it, This empty midnight landscape behind his eyes.

He slowly began to see lights twinkling in the far flung night of infinity. Slowly they grew from just the barest concept of light to faint stars. They shone like jewels against black velvet backdrop. John slowly reached out his hand, his pale skin shown like moonlight against the blackness. He touched the nearest of the glowing lights. It felt warm as it passed through his hand, disappearing into his palm and emerging on the other side. It did not simply drift away but instead darted and moved with life. It moved in a few quick circles and sped away from his touch. John smiled at it as the light moved away, merging with a small cluster of lights that moved as a group. A large shimmering light moved across his path, its deep purple corona actually had a shape. Huge dorsal and pectoral fins protruded from its glowing mass as it seem to push it's self through the empty space with a huge tail. John's touch did not startle the beast as it had done with the other one. The monster seem to nuzzle his hand, and he could hear its thoughts. It's mind was deep and simple, it was as curious about him as he was about it. As he watched it called out to others like it's self who approached john. They moved around him investigating this strange new visitor in their world. they called out to him, taunting him to come play with them do dive and move like them. John laughed as he tried to follow them, but he could not. He was stuck in place as he glided slowly through the strange underworld.

Something grabbed his shoulder, a strong grip as if some predator had him. John lashed out with his fists seeking a target for his blows. His eyes sprang open wiping the velvet night from his vision, filling it with blinding burning light of heavenly vengeance. Burning away everything with fire and light, it caused his eyes to feel like some one had dumped ragging hot coals into them. John could not focus his world had done a complete reversal from soft cool night to burning daylight in a mere second. He could also hear a voice calling to him as he trashed about, his fist had starting to land solid blows against his assailant.

Finely his eyes slowly focused, his assault tapered off as he saw a large dark skinned man kneeling down next to him. The man wore no shirt only a pair of canvas pants cinched at his waist with a rope. His chest was like that of a bull, nothing but hard packed muscles and dark bronzed skin. He smiled as he pressed a damp cloth to johns forehead.

“you be awake now mon, you had us worried for a while dare.” he said his voice a deep drum . “you need ta get some food in ya, you's been asleep for more dan tree days.” he brought a glass beaded with condensation to johns lips and helped him drink. It felt like hot liquid fire pouring down his mouth instead of refreshing water.

“dare, ya go boy. Easy. Easy.” the man said as john began to shake as he was racked with a coughing fit.

“thank you.” john said in a voice that sounded like a old creaky door. He coughed as he tried to force down more of the ice cold water. The feeling of motion was still present even though he was not dreaming anymore. Then he realized that he was on some kind of ship or boat, how he got there escaped him but he was sure he would find out sooner or later.

John sighed and struggled up in bed, the big guy helped him to a sitting position. With the mans help john downed a bowl of some salty soup and dry crunchy bread. He tried to soften the bread in the soup but it did little to dull the gum slicing razor edge. The man took the bowl away, placing it on the floor and helping john drink some more water.

As he finished off the last of his water john heard the bowl thumping around on the floor. The big man looked down next to the bed and smiled and he picked up the bowl showing it to john.

“look like yo friend was ungry too.” the man said.

As he looked a dog peeked over the end of his bed, it's large eyes looked at john as if to apologize. It had large white patched around its muzzle but other than that it's gold color coat was quite beautiful.

“ he showed up befo we set sail, and bean watch'en ova' you da whole time.” the man said as he scratched the dogs ears, tussling his golden fur. “by da way my name is Tau. Yo can call me' Ta everyone doz.”

“nice to meet you Ta. My mane is john, john of the silent grove.” john replayed. “and this b*****d is Dog. He is my useless companion. Who didn't even warn me about the town guard.”

Ta laughed a deep brass laugh. “dat's so funny. I like you John.” he stood up retrieving the wooden bowl from the floor. “well see'n as you up da doc wanted to talk to ya. So when ya get a chance.” Ta said as he left the room.

As the door closed john rolled his head back looking at the ceiling. The constant motion of the ship was some what hypnotic and he was about to fall asleep. The fingers of darkness was creeping into johns mind, his breathing began to slow down.

“you asleep.” Dog asked. His voice like a old gruff man.

John snapped back to full awake with a sigh. “i almost was, why?” he replied.

“nothing really. I just been kinda lonely with no one to talk to.” Dog grumbled as he curled up next to johns bed. “They would probably throw me over board if I tried to talk to anyone else around here.”

“well now that I’m awake how about telling me what happen.” john said watching the light play across the ceiling.

“not much to tell.” his companion replied.

John sighed “how did I end up on this ship.”

“oh, that. Well you where in jail and some guy paid for you to get out. I overheard some thing about him owning you now. Nothing important.” Dog said from behind closed eyes.

John pinched the bride of his nose, he felt a headache coming on. “so when they hauled me away why didn’t you stop them.” john asked

“right.” Dog grumbled. Then is a sarcastic voice. “Excuse me Sir guard, would you please not arrest my friend for doing magic? he's really a nice kid. Oh who me? Well sir I’m a talking dog, his fateful companion. Wait what are you doing with that crossbow.....you think it would go something like that.”

john sighed “your right. I'm just tired. What do you say we go meet this doctor Ta was talking about.”

dog opened his eyes looking into johns. “should we find a way to get off this ship.” Dog asked

“no,” said john rolling back over looking up “we need to keep a low profile. We will byde our time and when the times right fade away.”

“are we actually planing to go some where? I mean when we left Peacegrove I thought you had some destination in mind not just wandering around for two months. Thought you might be going off to look for you father or maybe the council had given you a important quest.” Dog grumbled almost under his breath.

“no.” john said holding his hand up into the light streaming through his window. He turned his hand back and forth examining both sides. “really I just wanted to get away from that life. Their policy about isolation from the rest of the world has never suited me. There is so much out here to see and hear, why lock your self away in some secret valley for all of eternity? For the last two hundred years no druid except my father has ever left Peacegrove.”


dog snorted. “Like father like son, hu.”

“its not like that. I want to see the world.



© 2013 little bad puppy


Author's Note

little bad puppy
i dare you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on December 20, 2013
Last Updated on December 20, 2013
Tags: a boy and his dog run away from


Author

little bad puppy
little bad puppy

mobile, AL



About
I'm sorry but that's above your security level more..

Writing