Chapter 2- Estelle Part 2

Chapter 2- Estelle Part 2

A Chapter by spizz567

I felt a small prick on my side, a red lump formed and then it burst. Frightening insects covered my body, and my breaths became bigger, the stitches on my side struck me with pain. I recognized the flaming body to be Lorelei, she was on fire. Her screams, I could not hear. I ran, a little further, in the complete blackness, her fire was the only source of light and the only way I could see the used and abused blood stained path before me.
Suddenly, I rose. The blazing sun assisted in giving me a splitting ache in the head. The dream was terrifying and confusing. Clay and Lorelei lay sound asleep to my side, surprisingly, I smiled for their safety. Before me however, sat a brooding figure. She was young, as old as us, and held scars. 
"What is she doing with you?" 
"Lorelei?" 
She told me Lorelei was a spy, and she was reporting back to the Rising Sun. She claimed that was how the guards found us, and how she was forced to save us, or they would have killed her to.
"Why would they have killed you?" I asked. Because she was a rebel.

The two blondes awoke almost at the same time. The girl had hate in her eyes as she eyed down Lorelei.
"I don't think so . . ." Lorelei was with us, I believed her.
"Hey West dog" Clay murmured and clasped his head. He also had the head ache. 
"You poisoned us, why should I believe you?" Bravery was good, stupid bravery was not. Right now, I was acting on foolish impulses. 
"Sorry . . . I mean-" A death stare was given to me by her, so I stopped.
"Who's the girlfriend?" Wow, even when drugged, Clay was unable to keep his big mouth shut.
"You're being rude" Lorelei winced. She struggled to her feet, an innocent smile forming on her face.
"Unlike him, I am educated. Thank- you friend, for . . . Assisting us" She said awkwardly and in seemingly pain. I became suspicious of her every movement. Surprisingly, what the brooding figure said made sense. The girl passed Lorelei a bowl of berries and herbs. She orchestrated the flora in a pretty, presentable pattern. All rosy and sweet. It was tempting, I wanted to take one. However, it seemed suspicious. Somebody who poisoned us, and held some deep hatred for Lorelei, now wanted to give her sweet berries?
"See" Lorelei rolled her eyes and lightly kicked Clay's leg, who watched the berries in anticipation. "Thank- you" Lorelei licked her lips and bowed. She picked up a berry and brought it to her mouth.

"Clay!" I yelled and sprung for Lorelei. I tackled her to the ground and swiped the berries out of her hand. Suddenly, the mysterious girl rose and went in for the attack. I turned around to see Clay on his feet and slamming the girl in the face. She summered back, still on her feet. Snarling, her nimble body sprung for the brute, and dug her claws into his face. A painful groan was released. Lorelei crawled in a far corner, rocking in a ball.
"Hold her still!" I yelped and picked up the berries. Clay held the struggling girl in a head lock, I picked up the berries and slammed them into her mouth.

The brunette's nimble frame slumped to the floor almost instantly. She was not dead, because she was still breathing.
"No" Lorelei sobbed again.
"What do we do?" I panted to Clay for guidance. 
"Weapons" Was the only thing he said. Lorelei grabbed a dagger, I stole her bow and arrow, while Clay kept his sword and viciously grabbed some jewelry. All three of us ran out of the tent which seemed to be placed in the middle of the woods, which was unusual. Clay ran a little a further, but yelled when he was suddenly flung in the air by a piece of rope tied to the tree. 
"Its trapped! The whole place, its damn trapped!" I yelled in confusion. 
"Cut me down!" He barked. Suddenly, the mysterious girl came out of her tent and charged for me. I ducked, dodging her punch. Lorelei ran up in front of her and slapped her hard across the face. The girl round house kicked Lorelei to the face. I grabbed the girl's throat and tried to choke her, or something! The girl head butt me, and possibly broke my nose. Lorelei rose and snarled in a barbaric way. She grabbed the girl's hair and dragged her across the snow, the girl then grabbed Lorelei's hair and they both wrestled in the snow.

Clay had, had to untie himself. I had to punch the day lights out the girl, and Lorelei had to apply snow to her bruised face.

We decided to carry her on a wagon she had hidden away from her tent. We also decided to steal the girl's weapons, jewelry and medical herbs. Also, her poisons. It turns out the berries were deadly, however, she had laced herself with a herb which was used as an antidote on the berries. We did not know her name, all we knew, was that she was also a rebel. In times like this, all rebels are allies. Even one's who try to kill you. Although, I became very wary of Lorelei. It was weird, how they found us. It seemed to make sense, could she be a mole? The slender blonde trotted beside me. Her eye was bruised. 
"What do you want Weston?" She caught me looking at her.
"Nothing, Lorelei" I smiled.


© 2013 spizz567


Author's Note

spizz567
Since I do have commitments, I have decided to upload a new chapter once a week :) It'll be easier to read over my work etc. So every Sunday, I'll have one posted.

Please, drop a reply, they're all appreciated. Thank- you and come again!.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013


Author

spizz567
spizz567

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
16 year old, male, amateur writer. Wanting to improve on my writing, and receive some feedback. The Walking Dead is the best. more..

Writing