chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by spunkyleo

The jumpsuit scraped and scratched my skin and dug into my under arms. I struggled to sit still as the Rundelli jet took off. I peered into the small window , watching the manor shrink away into the abyss of cotton white clouds. Father gripped my shoulder. He smiled with sadness in his hazel eyes. He looked weary. Grey hairs poked out from his scalp, making him look older. Dark circles shaded the skin beneath his eyes from lack of sleep. He was a wreck. Anyone with eyes could see that.

“Lose a home, gain another,” he whispered.

“if I may interrupt, we have business to attend to before we land in the spring lands.” said Emerson adjusting his glasses. He was my father's assistant. And a very good one indeed.

“Of course, Emerson.” father said, sitting up straight.

“First thing we must do is change your identities. Everyone on the planet knows of the Rundelli family name.”

“Are you suggesting we change our names? The names that god meant for us to have?”

“we must, darling.” mother took fathers hand into her.

Father gritted his teeth. “carry on.”

“As I was saying, I have created new identities for all three of you. Joseph Rundelli, you are now Samuel Doe. Fradeel Rundelli, you are now Candace Doe. And Elizabeth Rundelli, you will now be addressed to as Daina Doe.”

I snickered. “That’s the most ridiculous name I have ever heard! I demand you change it.”

Emerson strained the corners of his mouth into a crooked smile. “I'm sorry, young lady, its too late to make any changes.”

“But-------”

“Elizabeth.” Mother scowled me.

I huffed, pulling my knees to my chest. Hiding a glare at Emerson as he continued to drone on for hours more. As time passed, my eyes began to inch shut. All sights and sounds faded away. I could fall into my own world of dreams where I was back home dining on fine caviar sprinkled with flakes of pure gold.




© 2013 spunkyleo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

chapter 2! enjoy! hope you don't hate the story just yet to stop reading!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013