chapter 9

chapter 9

A Chapter by spunkyleo

“have fun at your club, sunshine?” said mother as I walked in through the door.

“yeah. It was great. Made lots of new friends. In fact, I meeting them tonight for a get together tonight.”

“ a get together? Sounds interesting. What time?”

“midnight.”

“ absolutely not, young lady. Late night parties mean drugs and drinking.”

“mom! The springlanders are drug and alcohol free! Remember? It'll probably just be some people chewing on some carrots and mingling. Nothing too extreme. And besides, its five day. No school tomorrow!”

mother stopped chopping an onion for the soup. “can I trust you?”

“ of course.”

“well, alright. But don't come home too late. I except to see see you in bed by the time I wake up.”

“ no problem. I'll be back before morning, I promise.”


~

I changed into my clothes as soon as I left the house. I crouched behind a blueberry bush. Not a very good place to change. The gapes in the bushes could have served as a window to creepers lurking around. Then, folded the jumpsuit neatly and placed it underneath a bush . I knew I was getting myself into something I shouldn’t have. But, I had no choice left.

I stayed along the trail that we arrived and walked through. I could still see the jet hidden behind a mess of trees. Waiting to take me back to the winterlands and out of this place.

Hope and her team waited at the gate. “I’m telling you, we need this girl.” whispered Hope.

“was it the voices again?” Juliet said sarcastically.

“you know what, you're the whole reason I blew our cover-----”

“hi.” I said peaking out from behind a tree.

Paul shushed the group. “Daina Doe. Never thought I’d see you here.”

“really. I never even thought there was such thing as the R.U. Let alone think you'd be involved in something like this.”

“he flicked his hair out of his eyes. “how so?”

I paused. “its just in class, you don't seem very determined.”

Paul smirked. “ I don't need school. Not when I’m out there.” he pointed to the gated forest. “shall we start?” he pulled back the gates, revealing a hole to crawl through on the ground. “you'd think they'd be smart enough to build better gates.”

“ugh, I hate this. My clothes always get all dirty.” complained Juliet.”

“stop your bitching.” snapped Hope, her chain clinking against the metal barb gates as she crawled through.

I was the last one to crawl through. A girl guided what looked to be her blind twin brother through the hole. His cloudy blue eyes stared forward into space.

“keep going to the right, Eli.”

“ yeah, yeah, that’s what you always say until I walk face first into the gates. You're such a great sister!”

“ ha ha. Just keep on walking blindy.”

he gasped dramatically, “rude!”

as they continued to bicker we crawled through the hole.

“honestly, do you two ever shut up?” said Hope, rubbing her temples.

“ we'll shut up as soon as you stop wearing black everyday.” said the twin sister.

“ cork it, Jenine.” said hope, raising a finger and gritting her teeth through speaking.

“you guys, we have work to do!” said Paul.

“lay it on us, man.” said Eli crouching on a rock.

“ Tonight... we're going in deep.”

whoops were let out from the group.

Hope nudged me. “you're pretty lucky. First time group member and you already get to go where none have us have gone before.”

lucky me. I thought.

“ don't think of it that way.” she laughed, punching me hard in the shoulder.

“ would you stop reading my thought?”

she shrugged. “can't help it. The thoughts come to me.”

“we'll separate into three teams and split up into different directions. I will assign the teams; me and Juliet (surprise there), Eli and Daina, and Jenine and Hope.” Paul opened a sack and took out five pistols. “now kiddies, don't get too excited, because these are just shall we call it insurance.” he gave one to everyone but Eli.

Eli sighed. “ the blind kid never gets trusted with a gun.”

“ keep crying little bro.” said Jenine, twirling the pistol around on her finger.

“ lets move out, team!” Paul hooted.




© 2013 spunkyleo


Author's Note

spunkyleo
pardon the grammar errors! enjoy. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 1, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2013