chapter 8

chapter 8

A Chapter by spunkyleo

I can't see why you won't let me come along.” Ruth pouted.

“you heard her, she said come alone.”

“ I could stand behind the corner and listen.”

“you mean eavesdrop? “

“it's not eavesdropping if you know about it, Daina.”

“ forget it, ruth. Just go home and I’ll come later. Tell mother and father that I decided to partake in club activities.”

“fine. See you in a bit.” ruth said waving goodbye.

I strolled to the back of the school. It wasn't as private as I thought it would be. The lot was full of seniors smoking wooden pipes filled with clumps of musky smelling grass.

One boy stood in way. “sup, wanna hit?” he spoke with his speech slurred.

“no thanks.” I said avoiding him.

“ suit yourself, man. You're missing out.”

when I finally saw flash of long black hair and a chain, I knew it was Hope.

She saw me too.

“over here!” hope lead me into a dark room with a single lantern burning in the corner. “sit down.” she said. There as no furniture to sit on. I propped myself down on the dusty floor.

“so... what did you want to talk about?” my voice echoed in the concrete room.

the lantern shined dim light onto the side of her face. “why did you come here? What was your reason?” her voice was raspy.

“i stiffed up. “w-what do you mean? I'm a transfer. f- from the northern springlands.”

“BULLSHIT!” she yelled at the top of her lungs. “i know who you are, Elizabeth Rundelli!”

my stomach went into my throat. “how do you know?” I breathed.

“the springlanders would be pretty angry if they found out that the Rundelli weaponry business family was living here. Imagine what would happen, riots, wars, deaths...”

“ please, don't tell.” I cried, hot tears streamed down my cheeks.

“ she may be useful to our team.” she mumbled to herself “i wont tell. If, you join our team.”

“ sports team?” I asked hopeful.

“we call it the R.U. Short for resistance united. We work together to find out why the 4 leaders of each of the countries; springlands, summerlands, winterlands, and fallands, want to keep us away from whatever is out there behind the gates.”

“ simple. They want to keep us away from the dangers on the outside.”

“ idiot! That's what they want us to think. There’s more to it. We know there is.”

“how am I supposed to help?”

“ i- I don't know. The voices, in my head, they're telling me that the team needs you. The voices are never wrong.”

“ and you'll never tell?”

“not a single soul. Not even the team members. I cannot stress to you enough how important it is for you not to tell anyone on the team. Because if you do,” she shook her head. “lets just say nothing good will come out of it.”

“right... And where is this team?”

“ we meat at exactly midnight. No later. Come tonight. Edge of the south gates. Make sure you aren't followed and wear this.” she dropped a pair of black trousers and brown sweatshirt in my lap. “yellow really stands out. Don't want to get caught now do we?”



© 2013 spunkyleo


Author's Note

spunkyleo
pardon the grammar mistakes and capitalization issues! haha

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on May 29, 2013
Last Updated on May 29, 2013