Wishing

Wishing

A Poem by KAREN
"

Wishing for something that is no more!!

"

I sat in the sun, wishing that I had the warmth of your arms wrapped around me.

 

I sat in the pouring rain, wishing for the time we were in the steamy shower together.

 

I sat staring at your picture, wishing I had you  here in the flesh.

 

I sat in our favorite restaurant, wishing we were on the dance floor together.

 

I sat listening to our song, wishing for old times .

 

I sat listening to your voice on the answering machine, wishing  that I had you to talk to.

 

I sat watching you with her, wishing it was me.

 

I sat watching you kiss her, wishing you were kissing me.

 

I sat in front of your house watching you and your new family, wishing..............

 

© 2010 KAREN


Author's Note

KAREN
Tell me what you think!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

this poem's nostalgic tone is something i like very much.

Posted 11 Years Ago


KAREN

11 Years Ago

Thank You!
Cascara (aka Sprint Goes Cascading!)

11 Years Ago

you're welcome
Well written.
Wishing isn't a healthy thing though, in my opinion. Got to do something about how you feel.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really sincere ya know. you havent had to rhyme in any of your poems. romantic and suttle yet solemn, with a deep sense of longng that follows each line.

enjoyed it ^

-Dream

Posted 13 Years Ago


reminds me of an ex girlfriend. good thing tho u know a poem is good when it gives you memories! good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hurt, Pain~~ All my feelings of late! Great write..

Posted 13 Years Ago


did that happen to u or is it just a story? but other than that it was great!!! it hurt!!! i felt it:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wasn't expecting the last few lines. Hurtful ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this one. Its hard to let go sometimes...But we can't hold on forever...One of these days we have to let them go, rather than clipping their wings so that they may not fly. Very good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very interesting poem. The ending gave me a surprise. When we lose something we can't get back. Leave a hole that won't be filled. A very good story in your words. A outstanding poem. I like it all. A very good ending. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is moving; very sad because everytime she sits...sadness creeps and stays.... the speculator is left with emptiness and the player is happy living his life...if this was my friend i would say to her...stop speculating and make a life out there...start walking, dancing and loving...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2010
Last Updated on December 26, 2010
Tags: sun, rain, love, family

Author

KAREN
KAREN

Harrisville, MS



About
I love to write and cook! Me and my sister will soon be the author of a children's book titled Feelings Feelings Feelings, and a cookbook in the near future titled Two Heads In The Kitchen. I e.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silver Dove Silver Dove

A Poem by Robin


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Robin


Into The Night Into The Night

A Poem by KAREN


Hello Hello

A Poem by KAREN


The Get Away The Get Away

A Poem by KAREN