FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Global Futbol Matches: November 12th to 18th

Global Futbol Matches: November 12th to 18th

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles provide a summary of matches and tournaments after the 2018 Global Futbol World Cup.

"

November 12thto 18th

The African Nations League continued this week with Ghana taking on fellow 2018 World Cup nation Guinea. Guinea, with a different side than those who travelled to Russia, could not stop Ghana gaining a 1-nil victory. Côte d’Ivoire had the upper hand over the Democratic Republic of Congo, though the visitors scored a consolation goal towards the end of game. Even though Mali went up a goal early, South Africa, with the help of the home crowd, clawed their way back to victory. 

 

In the Americas, Peru took charge in the second half and came back from 2-nil down to draw in Mexico City. Nicaragua and Trinidad and Tobago both scored on the stroke of halftime, but it was not until Lewis’s second goal for the tournament when the result was formalised: two goals apiece. Venezuela bounced back from a severe defeat against Colombia, buoyed by a Rondón double over World Cup qualifiers Guatemala. World Cup Round of 16 side Ecuador needed to come from behind to beat Jamaica, thanks to newcomer Orejuela’s goal, and followed by Bolaños and his quick turn-and-shoot after goalkeeper Blake’s initial save. 

 

Argentina’s Lautaro Martinez and Meza fought to reach their hat trick first (which they both achieved before the end of play), as they traded goals in the first half. Being 5-nil down, Martins of Bolivia produced the goal of the match, with brilliant ability to hold onto the ball near the corner flag before his sole effort around the Argentinian defence and, thanks to a wicked spin, slotting the only goal for Bolivia. Barbados and Cayman Islands played out a dull draw, and one goal in injury time separated Honduras over Curacao. Cuba’s defence was on alert as Grenada peppered their attacking third, until Grenada ran out of ideas and merely maintained possession for the rest of the half. Finally, a goal from Grenada’s Sterling proved the difference on the day. Belize’s late attacking pressure led to an own goal and leveling the score at 1-all against St Kitts and Nevis, giving Belize their second away draw for the tournament. Meanwhile, El Salvador managed only their second home draw, this time against Canada, whose defence (that included five blocks in quick succession) helped keep the Salvadorians at bay. Two goals either side of half time showed the rest of Group B4 why Haiti are a force to keep watch, as they overcame a poor-performing Turks and Caicos Islands.

 

In Asia League C, Palestine could not thwart the Turkmenistan defence, with both teams receiving their first points from a goalless match. The same can be said for Afghanistan and Brunei, which means Brunei hovers in top spot in their group after four points from two matches. Indonesia collected six offsides in the first half (seven in total) whilst their opponents, Yemen, wrapped up the game 2-1 winners, their second victory in two home games. Lebanon returned again to South-East Asia, and this time managed a 1-nil win over Malaysia. Four goals in thirteen first-half minutes ensured Kyrgyzstan a solid victory over Singapore.

 

In Europe League C, Lithuania striker Matulevičius scored his second goal in the tournament to help his side win against Kazakhstan. Georgia came to the fray as they flew to Macedonia and dominated the second half. The Macedonians could not pull together any effective attacking formations, and as the Georgians picked off any through balls, they continued peppering the goal until they managed to score two late goals. Romania’s substitutes combined in a brilliant one-two play before Rotariu finished a Dúbravka parry to help overcome an early Slovakian lead. Both Ukraine and Wales hit the crossbar in the first half in an attacking game. The difference was Bale’s shot managed to knock the underside of the crossbar, and, as shown by goal-line technology, the ball bounced over the line. Wales came away 1-nil winners. Norway produced their second 2-1 result for the Nations League, this time against Israel. Scotland bounced back after a severe loss to Croatia with a 1-nil victory over World Cup side Faroe Islands. The first half was rather attacking between Malta and Northern Ireland, but with the halftime score being 1-1, neither team really attacked hard until the last stages, content on gaining a point each.

 

In Europe League D, Gibraltar scored early via Cabrera to overcome Andorra. Estonia scored first on Moldovan home turf, only for Ioniţă and Nicolăescu to reply before half time. Estonia drew level through speed demon Ojamaa, but could not thwart the Moldovan attack as the home team walked away 3-2 winners. San Marino stunned Montenegro at home as they scored late through substitute Grandoni to finish the match 2-1, and now have six points from their first two games.

 

The Women’s Nations Cup entered its fourth match day, with Chile outsmarting Paraguay in all areas and scoring thrice in the process. UAE also stunned Australia with three goals, only for Australia to counter and nearly retrieve a draw from a near-impossible position. Taiwan needed their substitutes to finally score goals, and three they did in the second half over Afghanistan. Hong Kong scored twice against Myanmar, while Nepal could only manage a home draw against Iran. Tajikistan managed the same scoreline they achieved against Japan, beating Uzbekistan 1-nil at home. Meanwhile, Japan continues to struggle in these qualifiers, going down 2-nil to India in Mumbai. Bhutan should have won against Bahrain, but the last shot on goal, a header from Sahni, smacked the upright, and both came away with a point apiece. Singapore dominated much of the game against Malaysia and produced a 2-1 result. North Korea fought hard against Indonesia, but could not break any deadlock. Jordan easily accounted for Sri Lanka, though the Jordanians felt three goals were not enough. The Maldives defence effectively used the offside trap against South Korea and kept the East Asian side to only one goal. Newcomer Sohgian’s four goals in the first half for Palestine stunned China into submission, and the Philippines struggled against Bangladesh as the home team managed a 1-nil victory to take top spot in Group E. 

 

In Europe’s Group E, Switzerland scored four goals in each half to romp home over Turkey. The Netherlands scored four goals against Faroe Islands, including a double from van de Sanden, whilst Scotland gained their second win with a 1-nil victory over Serbia. Germany’s reserves flew to Andorra and ensured a 3-1 victory, and Spain produced the same result away against Kazakhstan as they did against Cyprus, despite the Kazakhs scoring the first goal.

 

The Group Qualification Stages in the Physico Championships finally concluded this week, along with the Second Qualifying Playoff stage. Asian teams to reach the Third Qualifying Playoff Round include Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Mongolia, Uzbekistan and Iran. Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, and Aruba will represent CONCACAF. African nations joining them are eSwatini, Liberia, Mauritania and Gabon. Greece, Liechtenstein and Latvia saw off their opponents and ensured progression towards the Group Stage.

 

The Group Stage is taking shape, with all but ten places snapped up as the Group Qualification Stages concluded. England, Germany, Jamaica, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Andorra, Hungary and Algeria all won their groups, and guaranteed places in the final 32 nations. 

 

In Group 1, Portugal and Chile also join England in the Group Stage, while last-place Argentina must fight it out in the Playoff Round against either Colombia or Myanmar. 

 

Similarly, Malta and Brazil managed to scrape through to the Group Stage from Group 2. Meanwhile, Ireland enters at the Playoff Round and will take on the winner of Panama and Cambodia in a home-and-away knockout matchup. 

 

Italy and the Netherlands will rue missed opportunities after playing second fiddle to Jamaica in Group 3, but must remember they had to play the whole initial Group Qualification tournament in Central America. Mexico, despite being host for three rounds, found themselves in fourth, and must playoff against Iraq or Laos to slip back into contention for the Physico crown.

 

Group 4’s Austria and France both join Slovenia in the Group Stage, however, Austria will be facing off against Jamaica, who seem to have settled easily into this footballing format. France must take on England, which will be difficult, but there is a chance for France to overcome them. Turkey, after failing to score a single goal against France, see themselves knocked out of the entire competition.

 

In Group 6, the Ukraine joins the Czech Republic at the Group Stage, slotting into the same group as England and France. Sweden must take on Bahamas or Latvia to reach the Group Stage as well, while Spain, surprisingly, sees an early exit from the tournament.

 

Wales, thanks to gaining second place in Group 8, now find themselves against Greece, who breezed past Belize in the Second Qualifying Round double header. Ecuador will hope for victory over Trinidad and Tobago in the Third Qualifying Round, as will Bahrain when they challenge Mauritania. The USA’s defence was impeccable as they kept Côte d’Ivoire goalless (partly thanks to an African Nations League game played the day prior; however, Guinea was in the same predicament and managed to come from behind to overcome Kenya), and ensured second place in Group 12. The Americans now take on Gabon, another African side set on rising in the Global Futbol rankings. Costa Rica, Iraq, Finland and Panama all progress from their groups to the Third Qualifying Round, where all should advance to the playoffs, but eSwatini, Liechtenstein, Laos and Cambodia will have other ideas.

 

The Third Qualifying Round will begin next week on November 25.

 

November 12 

Physico Champs 2nd Q Round

·  New Caledonia 4-5 Bahamas. Bahamas progresses.

·  Montenegro 3-5 Aruba. Aruba progresses.

·  Bhutan 4-5 Vietnam. Vietnam progresses.

·  Guam 5-3 Latvia. Latvia progresses.

·  India 4-5 Myanmar. Myanmar progresses.

·  Central African Republic 2-5 Cambodia. Cambodia progresses.

·  Samoa 5-4 Laos. Laos progresses on sudden death goal.

·  Gabon 5-2 Oman. Gabon advances.

·  Mongolia 5-4 Mauritania. Mauritania advances.

·  Syria 4-5 Trinidad and Tobago. Trinidad and Tobago advances.

·  Haiti 4-5 Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan advances.

·  Belize 4-5 Greece. Greece advances.

·  Honduras 4-5 Iran. Iran advances.

·  Georgia 4-5 Cayman Islands. Georgia advances.

·  Macau 3-5 Liberia. Liberia advances.

·  Jordan 4-5 Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein advances.

·  Hong Kong 5-4 eSwatini. eSwatini advances.

 

Physico Champs (final Qualifiers)

·  G1: Argentina 3-5 England

·  G1: Portugal 5-3 Chile

·  G2: Ireland 5-4 Germany

·  G2: Malta 5-1 Brazil

·  G3: Mexico 2-5 Jamaica

·  G3: Italy 5-4 Netherlands

·  G4: Austria 5-1 France

·  G4: Turkey 4-5 Slovenia

·  G6: Ukraine 1-5 Spain

·  G6: Sweden 4-5 Czech Republic

·  G8: Andorra 5-2 Congo DR

·  G8: Wales 5-0 Norway

·  G10: Botswana 4-5 Hungary

·  G10: Zambia 4-5 Ecuador

·  G11: Algeria 4-5 Bahrain

·  G11: Mali 5-4 Venezuela

·  G12: Guinea 5-3 USA

·  G12: Cote d’Ivoire 5-4 Kenya

·  G13: Iraq 5-3 Guatemala

·  G13: Russia 3-5 Costa Rica

·  G14: Panama 5-3 Croatia

·  G14: Kuwait 5-4 Finland

 

November 13

Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers MD4 

Asia E

·  UAE 3 Australia 2

·  Bangladesh 1 Philippines 0

South America B

·  Chile 3 Paraguay 0

 

U17 Men’s Friendlies

·  Colombia 2 Brazil 1

·  Ecuador 1 Argentina 1

·  Malta 2 Belarus 1

·  Kosovo 3 Kazakhstan 3

 

November 14

Nations League Match Day 2

Asia C

·  Palestine 0 Turkmenistan 0

·  Yemen 2 Indonesia 1

·  Malaysia 0 Lebanon 1

·  Kyrgyzstan 6 Singapore 0

·  Afghanistan 0 Brunei 0

Africa A

·  Ghana 1 Guinea 0

·  Côte d’Ivoire 3 Congo DR 1

·  South Africa 2 Mali 1

 

Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers MD4 

Europe E

·  Switzerland 8 Turkey 0

Europe I

·  Netherlands 4 Faroe Islands 0

Europe H

·  Scotland 1 Serbia 0

Europe A

·  Andorra 1 Germany 3

Europe C

·  Kazakhstan 1 Spain 2

 

 

November 15

Physico Champs (final Qualifiers)

·  G1: Portugal 1-5 England

·  G1: Argentina 5-3 Chile. England tops group. Portugal second. Chile third (all enter Group Stage). Argentina fourth (enters Playoff Round).

·  G2: Malta 2-5 Germany

·  G2: Ireland 4-5 Brazil. Germany tops group. Malta second. Brazil third (all enter Group Stage). Ireland fourth (enters Playoff Round).

·  G3: Italy 2-5 Jamaica

·  G3: Mexico 5-3 Netherlands. Jamaica tops group. Italy second. Netherlands third (all enter Group Stage). Mexico fourth (enters Playoff Round).

·  G4: Turkey 0-5 France

·  G4: Austria 5-2 Slovenia. Slovenia tops group due to countback. Austria second. France third (all enter Group Stage).

·  G6: Sweden 5-4 Spain

·  G6: Ukraine 1-5 Czech Republic. Czech Republic tops group. Ukraine second (both enter Group Stage). Sweden third (enters Playoff Round).

·  G8: Wales 5-3 Congo DR

·  G8: Andorra 5-2 Norway. Andorra tops group (enters Group Stage). Wales second (enters 3rd Q Round).

·  G10: Zambia 4-5 Hungary

·  G10: Botswana 4-5 Ecuador. Hungary tops group due to double wins over Ecuador (enters Group Stage). Ecuador second (enters 3rd Q Round).

·  G11: Mali 5-3 Bahrain

·  G11: Algeria 5-3 Venezuela. Algeria tops group (enters Group Stage). Bahrain second (enters 3rd Q Round).

·  G12: Cote D’Ivoire 0-5 USA

·  G12: Guinea 5-4 Kenya. Guinea tops group (enters Group Stage). USA second (enters 3rd Q Round).

·  G13: Russia 4-5 Guatemala

·  G13: Iraq 5-3 Costa Rica. Costa Rica tops group (enters 3rd Q Round). Iraq second (enters 3rd Q Round).

·  G14: Kuwait 4-5 Croatia

·  G14: Panama 0-5 Finland. Finland tops group (enters 3rd Q Round). Panama second (enters 3rd Q Round).

November 16 

Nations League Match Day 2

Europe C

·  Lithuania 1 Kazakhstan 0

·  Macedonia 1 Georgia 3

Europe D

·  Gibraltar 1 Andorra 0

·  Moldova 3 Estonia 2

·  San Marino 2 Montenegro 1

Americas A

·  Mexico 2 Peru 2

 

Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers MD4

Asia C

·  Taiwan 3 Afghanistan 0

Asia D

·  Hong Kong 2 Myanmar 0

Asia B

·  Nepal 1 Iran 1

 

November 17

Nations League Match Day 2

Europe C

·  Romania 2 Slovakia 1

·  Ukraine 0 Wales 1

·  Norway 2 Israel 1

·  Scotland 1 Faroe Islands 0

·  Malta 1 Northern Ireland 1

Americas B

·  Nicaragua 2 Trinidad and Tobago 2

Americas A

·  Venezuela 3 Guatemala 0

·  Ecuador 2 Jamaica 1

 

 

Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers MD4

Asia A

·  Tajikistan 1 Uzbekistan 0

·  India 2 Japan 0

·  Bhutan 1 Bahrain 1

Asia D

·  Singapore 2 Malaysia 1

·  Maldives 0 South Korea 1

Asia C

·  North Korea 0 Indonesia 0

·  Jordan 3 Sri Lanka 0

Asia B

·  Palestine 4 China 0

 

 

November 18

Nations League Match Day 2

Americas A

·  Argentina 7 Bolivia 1

Americas B

·  Barbados 0 Cayman Islands 0

·  Grenada 1 Cuba 0

·  Honduras 1 Curacao 0

·  St Kitts and Nevis 1 Belize 1

·  El Salvador 0 Canada 0

·  Haiti 4 Turks and Caicos Islands 0

 

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

111 Views
Added on November 19, 2018
Last Updated on November 19, 2018


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing