Little Hen's Big Adventure

Little Hen's Big Adventure

A Story by Norma M Sutton
"

For a children's picture book. The story is about a little hen.

"

Little Hen lived in a little house with a little yard.

One morning Little Hen heard a big bang.  Little Hen went outside to see what caused the noise.  Outside she saw that the gate to her yard was opened.

Little Hen had never been out of her yard before.  The world was so BIG and exciting!  Little Hen left her yard to explore the BIG world.

She chased butterflies, scratched in the green grass and ate a wonderful breakfast of insects and worms.

Little Hen went farther and farther from her little house and yard until her little home was nowhere to be seen.  But Little Hen was not worried.  She was having TOO much fun!

Little hen saw a cleared area with no grass and many crawling insects.  Surely there would be many wonderful bugs to eat there!

Little Hen ran to the cleared ground and started to scratch.  When she saw a fat juicy worm, Little Hen was excited.

She was talking to herself about her wonderful worm when a BIG black and white monster with one blue eye grabbed her from behind.

Little Hen kicked and scratched to get away from the monster.  She cried help me! HELP ME!  Suddenly she was free of the BIG monster with the blue eye.

She looked for her little house and yard, but they were nowhere to be seen.  The only thing she saw was a tree.  Little Hen ran for the safety of the big tree - with the BIG blue eyed monster wagging its tail running behind her.

 

Unexpectedly there was an even BIGGER monster in front of Little Hen.   It patted the blue-eyed monster on the head.

Little Hen did not know where to go. She ran between the legs of the BIGGER monster and around the tree.

The BIGGER monster was fast and soon it reached down and grabbed her.

The BIGGER monster picked Little Hen up and tucked her under its arm. Little Hen was scared.  What would this monster do to her!  Oh how she wished she had never left the safety of her cozy little home and yard.

The BIGGER monster walked up the hill with Little Hen.  Little Hen trembled with fear.  Little Hen thought “Surely this BIGGER monster plans to eat me!  What can I do?

While Little Hen was trying to decide what to do, the BIGGER monster sat Little Hen down.
Little Hen looked around to see if she could see a safe place to run and hide.  Then she realized where she was!

THERE WAS HER LITTLE HOUSE AND YARD!  She was HOME!  Little Hen ran through the gate in her yard and into her little house.

Clucking joyfully Little Hen promised that she would never leave the safety of her little home again.

 

© 2008 Norma M Sutton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is certainly a great story..

Posted 6 Years Ago


GREAT STORY AND LESSON TO BE LEARNED, NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOME WITHOUT MOMMY OR DADDY! I WORKE WITH CHILDREN, SO IF YOU DON'T MIN I'LL READ IT TO THEM!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Norma M Sutton

6 Years Ago

Please do.
I love this little story, which is filled with a great lesson for children. There, really, is no place like home!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice imagery without too many details. Illustrating this book would be fun. ;-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wasn't expecting a monster to show up where it did, but the message seems important for children.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2008

Author

Norma M Sutton
Norma M Sutton

Bostic, NC



About
Norma Moore Sutton has written and published two children's books: The First Lamb and Harry Goes To The Fair She has written and published the first book in the Haunting Memories Series: Matthe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by Tate Morgan