After All This Time

After All This Time

A Chapter by Taylor Wentz

“Amanda! Wow, You look great!” Jennifer squeals, when she answers the door to Gale’s house. She wore a short preppy blue dress and her hair was curled. “Let’s get this party started!” She says.

“Jennifer, it’s only 7 o’clock.” I say laughing. “Whatever. Let’s go help Adam and Gale.”

We go into the kitchen to find Adam eating out of a huge bowl full of chips on the bar, in the kitchen. Adam whistles when he see’s me. “Oh, shut up.” I say mockingly flipping my hair. There's a bump behind the bar that makes the chip bowl bounce a little.

“Ow!” Gale jumps up, rubbing his head. We look at each other for a moment.

Jennifer clears her throat and we look at her. “Adam…let’s go clean up the pool.” she says, grabbing his arm.

“But we already-” Jennifer drags him out the door. I laugh a little.

“Wow, you look-” I look back at Gale. “Beautiful.” He says smiling at me.

“Thanks.” I say, blushing. “So, what are you doing back there?” I say nodding toward the bar.

“Oh, I was locking the bar up. You know, so people don’t trash my parents stockpile.” he says, tapping the glass underneath the bar.

“That’s probably a good idea.” I say.

“Wanna go help them ‘clean the pool’” He says, quoting it with his fingers.

“Yeah.” I say, laughing.

We go outside to see Adam piling sticks and logs on the pit from the last bonfire. Jennifer is sitting there watching him. “Come on! You can pick up more than that!” She yells, harassing him. I laugh.

“I’m gonna go help him.” Gale runs over and starts the do the same thing Adam is doing.

“Jennifer!” I call out. “Come on. Let’s leave these boys with the hard work!”

* * * * * * *

“Hey Amanda!” Kyle comes through the door. He leans down, his lips tickling my ear when he speaks. “You look beautiful.” He goes off to one of his friends shouting, “Dude!” A chill goes down my spine and I just stand there for a minute, stunned.

Until Sarah comes through the door. “Amanda! Sorry I’m late, the woman at the liquor store was being a b***h to my sister.” She says. “Ooh, was that Kyle?” She looks at me, grinning.

“I need a drink” I say, rolling my eyes.

We go to the bar, where the keg is already sitting and I pour me and Sarah a drink. “Wow a lot of people really showed up.” She says, taking a drink.

“Yeah, that’s what scares me.” I say, looking at all the people.

“Why? This is great!” She runs outside, the beer splashing over the top as she runs. She grabs Danny Walsh and starts dancing. I laugh a little and go outside. It’s funny how she doesn’t even need to be drunk to party. I go over to the bonfire, sitting on a log. I look at my watch, 10:15. I sit there for a while staring into the flames, gulping down the last few ounces of beer. I stare in the cup. Ice cold, Scottish brewmeister ABV beer. I like it, strong, but good.

“What are you doing over here you should be enjoying your party, Birthday girl.” I turn around to see Kyle, grinning. He offers his hand. “Wanna dance?” he says.

“Sure.” I smile, grabbing his hand. We walk over by the pool where everyone is dancing. I notice someone screaming, cheerfully and see Sarah, half-naked running towards the pool. She jumps in, landing on someone, I can’t see.

“Your friend?” He says laughing.

“Yeah.” I laugh. “Hey, you wanna go get a drink first?”

“Yeah.” he says. We have to speak loudly to hear each other over the loud booming of rap/country mix.

We go back into the house and he pours me another drink. I sit on the counter and take a sip. “Who turned on this crap!” Kyle says, throwing his drink up.

I look at him “What, you don’t like this kind of music?”

“Psh, you call this music?” he says like someone insulted him. I just stare at him, bewildered. “What?” he says.

“Nothing.” I say shaking my head, smiling a little.

“Come on.” He says. He takes me back to the bonfire, sitting down on the log. I trip over a stick that just happened to fall out of the fire. Kyle catches me. I stare at him while he holds me, my hands grasping his muscular arms for support. “Why is it that after all these years, I still can’t figure out your eye color.” He says.

I can feel the alcohol already getting to me, invading my brain and running through my veins. I smile, “Why is it that after all these years you just now start talking to me.”

He clears his throat and says, “I think you're a little drunk.” He sits back up, steadying me on the log.

We stare at each other. He leans down and whispers in my ear, “I would kiss you right now, if you weren’t drunk.” He looks back at me. I place my hand on his neck and sit up straighter, to reach his ear.

“I’m not completely drunk.” I whisper. He laughs and then leans down again, but this time planting a small kiss on my cheek. I giggle and whisper in his ear again.

“You can do better.” and he kisses me, placing one hand on my chin. I wrap my arms around his neck. I feel the warmth of his lips and the strength in his arms as he wraps his arms around my waist.

He leans back, just enough to look at me. “Want another drink?” I say. His lips curl into a smile.

“Are you trying to get me drunk?” I laugh.

“So what if I am?” I say “It’s my party, I can do what I want.” He looks amused.

“Is that right?” he laughs. I try to kiss him again, but he tugs his head away each time.

“Stop that!” I say laughing. Then he kisses me, lifting me off my feet. I half-scream, half-laugh as he throws me over his shoulder. “Put me down Shrek!” I laugh, banging on his back.

He puts me down on the kitchen counter, pours me a drink and hands it to me. I take a drink, jumping off the counter and grabbing his hand leading him back outside. Sarah comes up to us, practically naked and wasted beyond belief. Actually, it is believable if you know how insane Sarah is. “You guys!” She says, sloppily taking another drink. She throws the cup on the ground and slings her arms around me and Kyle. She burps loudly “Now wh- who wants to get in the pool?” I give Kyle a look and he shrugs. I laugh and push her into the pool. Finishing off the drink in my hand, I throw it on the ground and do the same to Kyle's drink.

He looks at me, cocking an eyebrow. I cross my hands at the bottom of my dress and pull it off. Throwing my heels on top of the dress I jump into the pool, landing on top of Sarah. She pops up gasping. We look at each other and laugh. Then I notice Jennifer running from the bonfire, with Adam and they jump into the pool.

I swim to the edge of the pool and look up at Kyle. “You comin’ in?” I say. He takes off his shirt, revealing his bulk chest and tight stomach. He takes off his pants and slowly climbs in next to me. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me toward him. I wrap my arms around his neck. He kisses me, slow, steady and strong. “Ooohh!” I hear Sarah say. We break and I laugh.

“Shut up” I say looking at Sarah. I let go of Kyle and flip over the float that she’s on and she screams as she falls into the water. I turn back to Kyle, wrapping my arms back around him, his never leaving. He laughs and I kiss him again. His lips are soft and tastes like beer. I feel the grip on my waist tighten a little.



© 2016 Taylor Wentz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 12, 2016
Tags: romance, teen, drinking, kiss