Get With It

Get With It

A Chapter by tayzer--

 

Prologue
 
This part of my plan—the searching until I find him part—was the thing I was least looking forward too. Somehow, searching for days and days in libraries across several states, typing the name Bruce Matthews into various, old, computers was not my idea of a good time. You’re now probably asking yourself who the heck Bruce Matthews is. And to be honest, until my life got completely turned upside down, I would be right there with you, my nose wrinkled up in confusion.
Well, since you’re reading my story and all I guess there’s no harm in telling you who he is.  So here goes.
Actually, if you’ve been reading my story so far, you’re pretty up to speed. And if you haven’t been, well, get with it!
For those of you who have just opened this book, not knowing that inside it lay the story of a girl named Skye Dawson (that’s me, by the way) let me fill you in.
I’m in love with a guy who I can no longer be with. I left without saying goodbye to my best friend and non-blood related brother, along with my mother figure. I have the ability (we call them “Talents”, but really, some of them are just so awful that the word Talent isn’t okay to use) to kill anybody just by touching them. My parents were murdered by the Company. Who, by the way, is also waiting until I’ve learned to control my Talent so they can kidnap me (again) and use me for their experiments.
Anyway, now that you (yes, you) are up-to-date, I can continue with my story.
You know the plan I was talking about earlier? Well, the plan is as follows: this guy, Bruce Matthews, is an Extinguisher. (The name they gave Talents who can kill with physical contact. The funny thing is, this Bruce guy and I are the only Extinguishers in the world. Which, okay, would be kind of cool if it didn’t completely ruin my life and you know, suck so much.) Anyway…my plan is to find Bruce Matthews and you know, demand that he teach me how to control my Talent. Because, I mean, after twenty-something years of being an Extinguisher, I’m fairly certain he’s learned some things about his…our…Talents.
So, the plan is to find Bruce Matthews and get him to teach me how to control my Talent. After I’ve learned all that joyous stuff, I’m going to find the Davenports. (You know the guy that I’m in love with? His name is Chase. And my best friend? Logan. And my non-blood related big brother? Brody. And my mother figure? Margaret. They are all related, so, you know, a family. And I had to leave them, because of my killing Talent and all. I didn’t want to ruin their lives—and mine—by killing one of them by accidently brushing against them. I mean, seriously. I can’t touch anybody. Ever. They’ll die. Hence me wanting to learn to control my Talent.) And after I go back to the Davenports, I’m going to find the Company. And I’m going to kill the people who murdered my parents in order to get to me.
And okay, I know my plan is a little sketchy. But in my head, it sounds really, really good. Like, fool-proof.
Only, the plan isn’t working. Because Bruce Matthews? Yeah, he’s in hiding. Since, you know, his life totally sucks (Hello…Extinguisher!) and he can never have a family because he’d probably end up killing them all. Seriously. You think being a Talent is all fun and games. And it might be, if I were a Mover (can move things with mind) or a Smiler (can make anyone happy with the blink of the eye).
Anyway, if somebody’s in hiding its pretty darn hard to find them. Being that they don’t want to be found and all.
So my plan? Yeah, not going so good.
But that’s all about to change. I have a feeling. And when I have a feeling, it’s usually right.
Most of the time. Well, at least twenty percent of the time. Anyway, that’s not the point! My plan is going to work, I know it will.
It has too.
 


© 2009 tayzer--


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oehhh nicely done :D

maybe add some spaces ?

And about these Smilers ... Maybe its more interresting of they can control your emotional state with the blink of an eye ? :)

B.

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh I can't wait! :) Here I go...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2009
Last Updated on July 12, 2009


Author

tayzer--
tayzer--

About
My name is Taylor, and I love to write. But so does everyone on here, right? So maybe I should stick to the really random stuff, that isn't common knowledge. I have a huge addiction to bubblegum. And.. more..

Writing
Cursed Cursed

A Book by tayzer--


You're A What? You're A What?

A Chapter by tayzer--