Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Brittany Ba

"Violet, dinner's ready!" I groggily rolled over. I must have fallen asleep. Standing up, I looked at the window. Strange, I swear I shut the curtains. I closed them again and made my way down the hallway.
"So, what's this I hear of a new boy?" asked Dad, waving his fork at me. I sighed.
"Nothing's new, Dad. He's just a friend."
"That's what you said about Conner."
"Look, just drop it." I poked at the food on my plate, no longer hungry. I heard a knock at the door. Mum looked over at Dad and winked. "Mum, it's not him." I walked out and opened the door.
"Hey Violet, you left your Science textbook behind." I shook my head at 119 Days.
"That's not-" He lay a finger on my lips before I could finish.
"I just wanted to see you." I stared at him.
"Look, it's night time, me and my parents are having dinner, and you want to see me?" He nodded. 
"Oh hey." I turned around and saw my mum. "You're 119 Days, right?" I made silent messages with my eyes at her, but she wasn't looking at me.
"And you must be Violet's mother." He held out a hand to her, which her mother took.
"Yes, I am. Would you like to come in for dinner?"
"No thanks. But I was wondering if Violet and I could talk alone?" 
"Oh, okay. Her room's just down there if you need it." 119 Days nodded at her and took my hand. I blanched a little at his obviousness and made a weak smile in my mother's direction.
"What are you doing?" I hissed as the door closed behind us. "You shouldn't be at my house." 119 Days sat down on my bed and patted beside him. I sat down reluctantly.
"Violet, there's something that I have to tell you." After a deep breath and a few extra seconds, he said, "In 6 days, I will disappear. After that, you have 113 days to find me. Before I die." I looked at his face closely.
"You're kidding me, right?" His face was serious.
"No, I am not. I hope that you find me in time, Violet." He stood up abruptly and was going to make off before I grabbed his arm.
"Wait. So I have 113 days to find you or you.. die?"
"I know it sounds stupid," he sighed. "But it's true." Suddenly he pulled me into a tight embrace. I didn't pull away from him and we stayed like that for what seemed like a long time.
"Don't leave," I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes. He kissed the top of my head and let me go.
"I'll see you at school. But in 6 days..." 119 Days left the room, leaving me with tear-stained cheeks and a feeling of despair.
113 days and then he died...   


© 2012 Brittany Ba


Author's Note

Brittany Ba
Comments and reviews are welcome. Tell me what you think should happen!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

GASP :O AMAZINGNESS! MORE! MORE!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2012
Tags: 119 Days, fantasy, adventure.


Author

Brittany Ba
Brittany Ba

Te Awamutu, Waikato, New Zealand



About
Hey. I'm a teenage girl with a weird imagination and who writes whatever comes into her head. I am slightly emo, which doesn't mean I am depressed. I like lots of things, including anime, fantasy book.. more..

Writing
1 Chapter 1 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba


2 Chapter 2 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba


3 Chapter 3 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba