Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tess

I was sleeping on the day when my life changed. My head guard, Luna walked into my room and woke me up. "My queen, the council has asked me to alert you to an emergency meeting. Now," how many times must I tell everyone?
"Thank you, Luna. But please. No more formalities. Ever. They make my head hurt and my teeth itch."
"Of course," she bowed low and left the room. I get out of bed and change into my black pinstripe suit and a pair of absolutely gorgeous stilettos, then transport myself to the council chambers in Romania.

"You called?" I asked when I entered. Twelve seats were occupied. That meant the entire council was there. I was slightly concerned but I wouldn't let it show. No one spoke. I walked towards the table and took my seat at the head of it. "Why did you call me here? What purpose does it serve to keep me in the dark?"
"Tess. I did not call you here and I don't know who did. But I know why." Starla, the queen of purple eyes stood, "you have been granted a declaration of war. Just know that no matter who it was, I'm on your side."
I learned very early in life how to put ice in my eyes, how to be so cold that it made some people shiver when they just gave me a passing glance. I looked around the table and everyone looked away. Last chance time. "Who else among you will stand by me in battle? Who else amongst you wish to live, and who wishes to die?"
I was not prepared for what happened next. Five others stood. I had the numbers. The covens that chose to stand with me were black, red, blue, brown, and white. And Starla had already made it clear she was with me. That left me with Queen Brianna, Queen Mary, Queen Zandra, Queen Ashley, and Queen Libby. I had the Healers (White), the Earth (Brown), the Water (Blue), the Fire (Red), and Death (Black). But I did not have my sister. "Very well. I suppose this is the battle of the sexes all over again," I turned to the one who had hurt me the most, "Sarah, are you sure you wish to be my enemy? Are you sure you wish to face both sisters in battle?"
She looked at me, her eyes glowing an unnatural color and I did not see my sister. I saw myself. A monster who strikes fear into the hearts of many, and is loved by none. I saw the ice in her eyes, and I saw how it traveled to her core, how it wrapped her heart in it's icy grasp. She had no plans to warm over anytime soon. "I choose to side with people who have never wronged me. I choose to side against the thing that turned me into a horrid monster."
"Fine, but answer me this. Did you declare this war?" She looked at me and before I could blink, she was gone. My sister could travel. Another thing I had not known.
~~~
"Luna!" I shout as my heels click on the marble flooring of Gold Manor, the Six who sided with me following quickly behind and talking battle strategies. It didn't matter much to me, not when the other side of this war had the best strategist.
"Yes, My queen," She questioned.
"Drop the formalities, we've got a war on our hands. Collaborate with these tribes generals and start planning our attack," I left her standing there with a confused look on her face.
~~~
"We are at a disadvantage, since the other side has the luck and the strategists. But then again we have the healers, and the elementals, and of course the Purple Eyes." Luna explained.
"Luna, my people have power over anything to do with Lust. You can say it, or are you uncomfortable with the topic of lust?" Starla questioned and Luna's strange eyes hardened. 
Me? Well, I was in front of the maps trying to figure out how I would get around the fact that my neighbors to the south were against me in this war. Perhaps I could use Starla's power to my advantage? Her power could be a major advantage in a war against 5 male leaders and my sister.  By this point Luna and Starla were arguing quickly, but I put a stop to that "Enough!," I yelled. "Both of you, I have an idea. Not that your power isn't very strong, Starla, but in war there is normally no place for love. However, in a war against covens with patriarchs perhaps we could use their maleness to our advantage."
"I don't understand," Starla looked so confused.
"What my qu- Tess means is that maybe we could use you people to seduce members of other covens," Well, at least Luna was getting better after all these years.
"My god. Tess that is brilliant!"
"I thought so," I smiled, we have a plan. And if it works we will win the war because Starla will have the male council members lusting after her people. But what to do about my sister? Will she become a prisoner of war? I must do something because it is quite possible that she could use her power to talk them out of Starla's control. 
Luna took the words right out of my mouth "What about your sister?"
"I don't know Luna, I don't know." I dropped my head on the table and rocked it left to right.
"Alright, um. What if we- no you wouldn't go for that. How about we- wait! I've got it! Neutralize her powers. Send in one of the top officials and have them say they no longer believe you are the right person to rule the Gold eyes. While they are pretending to spy on her, they neutralize all her powers, so well that she can't even turn anyone into vampires." 
I raised my head and smiled, "Luna, that plan is so crazy it might actually work."
I jumped up and started to leave the room, right before I hit the door I turned on my heel "Call all of the clans to the council chambers. I want to find out who issued this declaration of war," Luna simply nodded her head in response.


© 2014 Tess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have to say, your writing improved so much as the time went by! I really love how this is going so far but what if Miss Blue Eyes has a love interest with the one on the other side? I mean, you did say it was battle of the sexes but also after looking this over things might begin bubbling up. Remember the King of Luck and Miss Metallic Grey Eyes are together (inreallife), so that may fuel your story. Keep writing, because I would love to read more. Besides that, I got back to working on the concept commission. I do apologize for my snail's pace work as I still have not gotten past Tina. However, after I do finish Tina's concepts, rest assured I will have Gabriel, Sam, and James's concepts up next. Otherwise, please do keep writing. I am satisfied to know someone still has the creative when mine has burned out.
[Fweep, check out TF2A ya weasel I finished it]
*leaves a skittle pack*

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 15, 2014
Last Updated on February 5, 2014


Author

Tess
Tess

NJ



About
Two words. Insane Weasel. I think that pretty much sums me up. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess


*For Starla* *For Starla*

A Book by Tess


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess