Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Tess

I walked into the council chambers, Tina and Luna in tow. There they were. All the men of the joint council and my backstabbing sister. "Alright, Everyone knows I didn't ask for this war. And seen as how I am head of the committee, wouldn't it make sense if I knew who had called for it?" I stood in the center of the large, circular room and with half the council staring at me I felt small. I would not let it show. I held my head high, and a beam of sunshine came through the stained glass window. I knew how I looked. My eyes were glowing; I was surrounded by colored light from the north window, which meant that the colors of my allies were shining around me: Purple and Red light on my left, Blue and brown on my right. Black and White light was hitting my knees, and Gold was shining on my face. Mortals might say that I looked like an angel, until they saw my eyes at least. Then they would say a demon with the face of an angel.
 Power. That's when it hit me. I deflected it instinctively. I could tell it was meant for me, but the streak of bad luck could do no more harm to any of my people than a pesky gnat. Did the King of Luck think he could defeat me? Not possible with my power of deflection. A distraction then, perhaps? No one on the council could possibly harm me... Wait. Bronze eyes! Time travelers! 
 I took a step back, ruining the lights effect on me. I grabbed Tina and Luna's hands and whispered the words of power I had created years ago. Gabe looked up with hatred clear in his eyes. Yes, he knew what I had done. A power lock. It would only forty-eight hours. As his was the only underhanded, sly power he was likely the only one who had any chance of destroying me. Well, now his chance was shot to hell as his power was no longer active. And neither were any of his people's powers. I smiled, grimly. "Very well, then. Let the games begin." I quickly transported my small group home, before my sister could attempt an attack.
~~~
We entered the Great room, and I realized what would happen now. I had attacked first, it was time for the others to retaliate. My eyes widened with fear, for my people as well as my comrades. "Luna, get the Allies here. Then lock it down!"
"Of course, Teresa," she bowed and left to do as commanded.
I raked my hands through my hair, nervous. I knew what could happen. They had Intellect and the strategists on their side. Orange and Yellow. James would quickly figure that I would need Libby during this war. He would go after my healers. Or perhaps he'd figure I would just have Ashley cast a death curse on them and have this war be over before it started. I doubt he'd figure out my real plan, it was so simple it should work. But relying on just one method to end this war? No, even I'm not that bad a strategist. And I had Luna. No one knows what she is, but she's one of mine. 
"Tess?" Tina's kind voice tore my from my worries. At least for the moment, "When you grabbed my wrist, I suddenly felt so weak I could barely stand. Why?"
"I apologize, but I had to. I needed more energy to put a power lock on the Bronze eyes. They're time manipulators. They were our only real threat. They could have changed the past, or gone forward in time to ensure their victory," I spied something on my throne. A small note? I walked up to the crystal chair and picked up the small envelope. I tore it open and read the note. It read "Nothing Gold Can Stay."
Now i knew why this war was called. It was a power play. But who was I playing against? My sister was no threat to my power. Not yet. She was to easy to neutralize. In fact, most of the council was to easy to defeat. But Gabe? It took my power, my sisters, and Luna's to just block his power. he was going to be my only real rival in this war. So know I knew how I was going to play this game. And Starla would be my best option to get others on my side. Soon enough my allies and their generals would be here. My home would be under lock down and I would gather my strongest to put a defensive barrier around it. There would be no one getting in without my express permission. And the barrier would block any curses, hexes, and spells intended for anyone inside.


© 2014 Tess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seriouslythoughyourwritingisgettingreallygood. I can't wait to see what next although this seems like a typical answer. You had little to no errors on this one. You did mention it was a short chapter, but you keep this reader waiting for the next chapter so it wasn't in vain.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2014


Author

Tess
Tess

NJ



About
Two words. Insane Weasel. I think that pretty much sums me up. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess


*For Starla* *For Starla*

A Book by Tess


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess