Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Tess
"

...

"
LUNA
I was making my guard rounds, checking the perimeter of the place I call home when I heard a voice say "hey, General. Ya wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?" I flipped around and took up a fighting stance. Not fast enough apparently, there was a sharp pinch then the world faded to black.
When I came to I was tied to a chair in a place I did not recognize. "Hello?" I shouted
"Hello, creature." A voice replied from the darkened corner. The voice sounded familiar, though I could not place it.
"Who are you, coward?"
"I am not a coward!"
"Then why do you restrain me? Then why do you hide? Why don't you reveal yourself? If not because you cower, then why?" 
"Because no one knows your power. Because I know you are more powerful than I. And I value my life."
"No. You fear my power. You fear I have the power to kill you. Ah, but wise you are to fear me. For I do have the power to destroy all I see."
"Then, wise I must be to stay out of your sight. And there is nothing you can do to make me reveal myself."
"Ah, but council. I do know who you are. You are an enemy of the one who claims me. Why else would you take me? I will serve no purpose for you, King. You might as well release me, for I would never betray my people."
"How can you call the golden eyes your people? You are not tied to them by blood or bite. You are free to choose which side you will support. Why ally yourself with the losing side, Luna? Join us, and be free to use your powers as you please."
"My queen is not my keeper. She is not my judge nor my jury, and I alone decide my final fury."
"Then why do you use another's words?"
"Because our past can tell our future so much better than a time traveler." Luna finally realized who her kidnapper was.
"So you do know who I am. And here I thought you were bluffing. Well, Luna. How did you figure it out?" 
"Your voice. And thy tone."
"So formal? For someone so young you don't seem it."
"But sir, I am not so young. In fact, I'm much older than I look." She smiled slyly.
"How are old are you?"
"To ask a lady her age? How disrespectful. I refuse to dignify that with an answer, child. And yes. I am old enough to call you that." 
"Of course."
"I am of no use to you. Release me."
"Why? So that you can help our enemies defeat us? I don't think so."
"I know that this war wasn't your idea, King. Let bygones be bygones and do as I say or you will regret it."
"Why would I regret doing this? You have no power over me." He left.
''Oh, little one. That is where you are completely wrong." Luna smiled grimly and began to break free of the ties that bound her.


© 2014 Tess


Author's Note

Tess
Sorry, it's short. I was trying to write in Luna's POV since this chapter is necessary and the narrator that I used in previous chapters couldn't be there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Although I liked how this was going, I do say make it a bit longer. Not for the sake of me, just for the sake of a basic chapter format. Most of this was back to back dialogue without any interactions or descriptions of what Luna feels, sees, smells, etc. I would appreciate more of the sensors to please myself and others that come across to read this. I didn't expect Luna's formality in speech, but I guess that's why you had her looking so sullen. However, with the time period, try getting rid of all the "thou, thy, etc." I know it sounds more formal, but it makes it look like you pulled Luna out of a medieval timeline, which may confuse others or put others off generally on how she talks. As for whoever has her captured...
I am guessing it is either Bronze Boy or Mr. Strategist. Well, all I know that it's a male. If this character is supposed to be any of the kings, then I suggest totally toning down the formality in speech. Especially in each and every one of our characters. I get that they're all royalty, queens, kings, mistresses, and masters, but I find it unnecessary for the royals to speak formally, especially since I know who they are. The formality (only for the royals) sort of ruins their personality a bit, and from others, it isn't how they would talk. The only tone that I could think the capturer would take would be Strategist, otherwise no one else fits the category.
Otherwise, you musn't stop writing. I love thisss.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 4, 2014
Last Updated on March 4, 2014


Author

Tess
Tess

NJ



About
Two words. Insane Weasel. I think that pretty much sums me up. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess


*For Starla* *For Starla*

A Book by Tess


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess