,,,BECOMING

,,,BECOMING

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

I SEE MONSTERS

"
The shining star fades in to night and the day comes to an end. The night is mine. I embrace the darkness around me like a warm bath. I'm invisible to a million disconnecting souls who are unaware of my discrete intentions. I am a watcher but I do not see things with commmon eyes. My point of view of the world is different. I see monsters. People's faces are distorted and askew.Am I insane? How far did I cross the line of sanity only to realize I am too for gone to go back to being normal. These are questions I used to ponder during the quiet times of my life. Further and further chaos and confusion dissolve into silence. I'm focused. I'm ready to destroy with my mind and my heart and my hands. Suddenly I become aware of the warm rays descending from the sky upon my skin. I am seen. I'm visible to the world again. But the darkness will return soon and the monsters before me are unaware of what I am...becoming.

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
I don't know why I wrote this because the subject matter does not fit my personality but it flowed out of me easily I wrote this in no time. I hope it's not a self-conscious thing I have to worry about.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm not sure why you'd pick a random stranger to review your words. But I guess I don't mind. My only real critique...even in rambling thoughts you need to think about grammar and presentation. Maybe I'm a little OCD, but it's what differentiates an amateur from a more seasoned writer. Don't ever settle for just fine...strive for something higher in everything you do. With that thought to the side. It's difficult to rate poetry...it's so subjective. It's art in every sense of the word. But even in art...you take care with your signature. Sign it with heart...and your words will bleed through to the reader like Mozart on paper.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi ,
This was really interesting; honest and vulnerable. Those are actually traits people need; to see how they are learning, progressing, and functioning in this life.
Your thought process is good and just a few little changes might make it flow if you like.
Paragraphs- Separate processes- in a paragraph by pressing enter. Format is also fun.
My writing is very basic so I do not know how much help I am. But you asked me so I'll try.
Blessings, Kathy

Posted 7 Years Ago


It has grown on me as i read it! Monsters are my favorite topic, people and their actions... well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ahhh the pen can reveal a lot... Hard to know what's guiding what sometimes

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

712 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2017
Last Updated on April 13, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cully Cully

A Story by Ken Simm.