A MOTHER ALWAYS KNOWS...

A MOTHER ALWAYS KNOWS...

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

the only person who knows you better than yourself

"
... when you're fake sleeping ( eyes closed but not asleep)
... when you're faking to be sick ( she knows the difference)
... when you really are sick (she knows the difference)
... when you don't feel like talking, but you really do (she's patient enough to wait for you to come to her)
... when you are not telling the truth ( your eyes, some facial gesture or some body movement always gives it away)
... no matter where you are or how long you been away, you're not going to be eating as well as a good home cooked meal
... when you're talking on the phone something is wrong and even though you tell her nothing is wrong ,she knows... something is wrong
... which boyfriends and girlfriends are for fun and which boyfriends and girlfriends are for marriage (but you still don't want to hear it)
... when you don't have enough of something that you need and too much of something that you didn't
... when you need a hug even though you didn't ask for it (she has to let go before you do)

... she won't be around forever, but she hopes she remains forever in your heart...

© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
I prefer mama over mom mother mommy ma and all the others I can't think of right now. Even though physically I'm over a foot taller than she is and in my 40's when she calls me by my full name I still have to snap to attention :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I called my mother "mama", also. Although our relationship was strained but improving when she passed, I look back and realize how much she must've cared for me. When you said, "she won't be around forever", I had to say Amen to that. There's nothing in the world more valuable than a good and caring mama.

Posted 5 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..