Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by theopenbook

Chapter 4

 

The President of the G.O.N.E was an old balding man- soul in his early fifties who had been a judge in his human life. I had heard that his son had deliberately plotted to kill him because his father had refused to save him from the murder, to which his father was a witness, which his son had committed in his own house. Therefore he had landed here and had decided that he was better off dead. 

 

He sat on the high chair behind a long table which also chaired other main members of the organisation.

 

They all gasped as they looked at me. No wonder I was getting tired from all this ‘shinning and not floating thing’. I wondered if Sana was here at this very moment what would be her reaction.

I smiled as I imagined her here with me and telling me to take my hands out of my pockets, walk straight and wipe that stupid grin from my face, which I did after I saw the members scowl at me.

 

And I noticed that the whole committee was present. After all, this was a once in a five year moment. Souls usually did not cause much trouble.

 

“You are Mr Aarav Raj?” a lady on the right of the President asked me once I was seated in front of them while that blue uniformed guard whose name I had forgotten stood at the back of my chair.

 

“Yes.” I answered.

 

“And you are here because of the unusual developments that involve a human girl, that are happening around you?”

 

I wondered why they bothered asking questions to which they already had the answers.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Do you have an explanation for your activities these last 4 days?” the lady asked me again.

 

“I don’t.” I answered and the member on the left of the President coughed audibly.

 

The members looked at each other for a moment and then the President asked me.

 

“Can you tell us when this started happening?”

 

“Four days back.” I answered easily.

 

“How did this girl actually came across you?”

 

“I was at the school of my friend Ritesh Shah, who is a recently turned human. I was wandering around the school when I had first realised that she was seeing me.”

 

“And then?” he prompted me.

 

“She ran away.” I said.

 

“Oh.”

 

And when I did not say anything the President nodded at me.

 

I sighed and continued.

 

“After she ran away I thought that she must be someone with the sight and maybe her sight has developed late.”

 

“But you were wrong.” This statement came from the person who sat on the right of the President.

 

And come to think of it, I think I knew him from somewhere.

 

“Yes I was wrong as the next day when I went back to check if her seeing me was just a cliché or she had a sight, I realised that it was neither. She was very much a human and could see me.”

 

“Then why didn’t you report her at the G.O.N.E.?” the person at left asked before President could say anything.

 

“I didn’t realise it was that uncommon. I mean-“

 

“What you mean is clear Mr Raj.” The person at left said in a cold icy voice,    “you weren’t really bothered about the well-being of the soul community.”

 

“That’s not what I am trying to say.” I said before I could be interrupted again.

 

“Then please provide an explanation to why you were with that girl again after you knew she was dangerous to the community?” he almost growled at me.

 

The members looked at me waiting for my response. But what could I tell them? That I went back to Sana because she had somehow ignited feelings in me that I had never ever felt before, even as a human? The feelings that I wanted to feel more and more? That just the way she looked at me made me drown in her beautiful eyes? Or that for the first time in my life in just four days I had come to care about a human girl?

 

No way.

 

“I went because I wanted to know more about this human who could see me. What I did was pure curiosity and nothing else.” I lied.

 

The members looked at each other and then everyone started talking at once.

 

“Silence,” the President bellowed.

 

The hall went silent at once.

 

“Mr Raj, so what did you conclude after your mere meeting with your curiosity?” the President asked me with a smirk on his face.

 

I was already boiling up by the fact that they had reduced Sana to a science project.

 

“I don’t think that she is dangerous. She is a normal human and I think that what is happening is just temporary and would eventually pass.”

 

“And what do you think about its after affects?” the member on the left asked me with a sneer.

 

“I am not understanding-“

 

“And you wouldn’t Mr Raj.” The member on the left continued, “Because I don’t think you realise the effect that human is having on you.”

 

“If this is about my shinning and not floating-“

 

“She is turning you into a human.” He almost spat on my face.

 

“What? I don’t believe-“

 

“Shinning and not floating is one of the processes the soul goes through when he is turning into a human.” The President calmly said.

“But I can’t-“

 

“We know that. We know that you can’t become a human now. But you had shown signs of transformation since you have met that girl. That is why this meeting was called with the whole organisation in attendance.”

 

“But how? How can she be turning me into a human?” I asked.

 

“That is the question foe which we have called you.” The President told me, “Why can she see you? Why is she turning you into a human?”

 

“I don’t know.” I said bowing my head down in sudden exhaustion.

 

I had come to care about Sana a lot in just four days. I felt the need to be with her, I felt it within me. But if she was turning me into what I had been running from my entire life then………………………

 

“We want an investigation to be done with this human and in this case-“

 

“No!” I shouted.

 

“Excuse me?” the President asked.

 

“I don’t think that would be necessary. I told you this is just a cliché and if she is turning me into a human then I would just stay away from her. And whatever that is causing me this change due to her presence that would vanish if I don’t see her. It’s logical. “I said, praying inside that they wouldn’t try to hurt Sana in any way.

 

 

“I am not sure you understand Mr Raj.” The President said, “Our community has been hidden from the human earth from the starting of the time. And this ‘cliché’ as you call it, is causing us danger by exposing our world to the humans. They will try and destroy our existence by harming the newly converted souls and the people with the Sight. We all know the extent that the humans can go to if they found some unearthly amongst them.”

 

“But what do you have to fear from Sana?” I asked.

 

“You mean the human girl?” the President asked but continued anyways, “she can tell her peers about this and her family and �"“

 

I interrupted him.

 

“But even if she did, though I know she won’t, who would believe her?”

 

“I wouldn’t be so sure. Mr Raj you have been detached from the human society for so long that you have stopped seeing the humans the way that we see them. They are violent and destructive and too narrow minded to accept God’s various creations without doubt. And I just can’t let my community fall into trouble by placing it in the hands of your human who you have come to trust so much in just four days that you are judging us the members of the community that you have been a part of for fifty years now.”

 

I gasped at his words which pierced me like knives.

 

“I would advise you to stay away from the human girl and away from your friend for a little while till the organisation tackles this problem.”

 

“You mean you would bring Sana here for questioning?” I asked aghast.

 

“It would of no use because as we have observed the only soul she happen to see is you.”

“Then?”

 

“We are under no obligation to tell you.” Mr Member on the left thundered.

 

“I have the right to know, I am too involved in all of this.” I replied back.

 

“You are-“the member on the left was cut off by the President.

 

“We are just going to have her taken into questioning by our trustful companions on earth. They will look into her background and if they found anything amiss then we have to take certain measures.”

 

My face drained at the thought of what certain measures they will take on Sana.

 

“And if you don’t find anything amiss?” I asked shakily.

 

“Then we will go through your way-that is- consider this as a temporary cliché and leave her alone though with a warning and deport you to another country.”

 

Suddenly a terror washed through me at the thought of being separated from Sana maybe forever. And I did not like that because for heaven sake I wasn’t supposed to be meeting with a girl whose mere presence was causing me to turn human. And that was something that I did not want.

 

But I was afraid for her too. I knew she was delicate and what if this questioning scarred her forever for the rest of her life? What if those

Soul serving humans left her scared with their questions? What if they break her? They didn’t know she was sensitive and that she could be broken so easily.

 

And I could not let her be scarred for the rest of her life and sit back and watch. Because in whatever position she was now, I was too responsible for it.

 

“If you take her into questioning,” I said loudly so that they could hear me loud and clear, “there is a greater possibility that she would run to her parents and tell them about it-“

 

“Not if she is warned about keeping her mouth shut.” The member on the left said with a sneer.

 

“And if we just let her alone for some time and deport me somewhere else then is the possibility that she might think of all of this as some kind of a dream and forget about me all together.”

 

The President looked at me gravely.

 

“I think this gentleman makes sense.” The lady in the right said, “If we do question the human girl then in terror she might report to the officials who in turn might get suspicious over the questions that we were going to ask the girl about. Then we a have a greater chance of exposure. I think we just need to let her alone and deport this gentle man somewhere else.” She concluded.

 

“But I don’t-“the member on the left protested and was interrupted again by the President.

 

“I do think what Miss Singh has just said has made some sense. But I am also apprehensive about the fact that this human girl is dangerous. So I suggest let’s put it to a vote. Whoever thinks that the human girl should be brought in for questioning please raise your hands.”

 

Handful of the hands went up. But majority didn’t raise their hands. Inwardly I shouted with glee of victory.

 

“So it’s decided that the girl is going to be left alone and this gentleman is going to be deported to somewhere we shall decide.”

 

Then he addressed me.

 

“And Mr Raj you will be informed about your new place shortly and in mean time you can visit all of your friends, because you’ll not be seeing them for long time after this.”

 

“The meeting is over and now everyone can leave.” He finally said before getting up and leaving though the back door. The rest of the members followed him shortly with side glances at me.

 

 

I gave a sigh of relief and got up with that bodyguard following me.

 

There was a weird sensation in my chest in the place where my heart was supposed to be, as I walked back. And when I wondered which country would I be deported, I felt something like pain in that place. And that was something that I could remember never feeling.

 

And I knew that this was all because of Sana and her weird ability to make me human. But this new unwanted feeling that was something like wanting to be human, was this because of her too? And did I just face my whole community leaders to save her? WHY?

 

Was I in love with her? No. it was too early to say that. Yes I cared for her as I have never cared for any human but love? No way.

 

But yet I was unable to explain that weird pain in my chest when I thought about leaving her forever and never ever being able to those beautiful eyes of her shine when they smiled at me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 theopenbook


Author's Note

theopenbook
i want this book to get so many reviews because i am neglecting my tests to write this:D please read and review:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loving the supernatural-human conflicts :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


i really like the way it all comes together awesome write! keep it up

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it's good that you heightned the dtsaakes of what could result since he's hanging out with her and I agree the way they speak kind of gives us an idea of how old tthe souls reall are.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the complex and intricate word of the aether you've created. It shows amazing imagination. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

168 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 7, 2011


Author

theopenbook
theopenbook

Delhi, Delhi, India



About
i just love books because they help me to fight my loneliness:) more..

Writing
Friends Friends

A Story by theopenbook