Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Yes

"You should come inside." Rhett called out into the darkening day. Emily was as still as the stone she sat upon, not seeming to here Rhett's voice. "Come in. There's many dangers out there, I can't protect you from all of them." Emily turned to look at him, her bright green eyes staring into his blue.

"I don't want your protection."

"You're going to need it." Rhett shook his head. "Like it or not."

"Protection from what?" Emily asked with both curiosity and worry.

"The Creatures of the Night." Rhett said, staring at her seriously. Emily looked to her right, then left, before cautiously making her way in to the small shack. Emily knew the building well, though she never thought she would ever spend the night within it. She knew it as the gardener's shed behind Central Lake High School, and she knew it well. In her grade school years, it was always the best spot for hide and seek; in high school, it was the best spot to spend a little "quality time" with a boyfriend or girlfriend.

"Er. Creatures of the Night?" Emily asked after a few moments silence.

"That's what we call them. They don't have a real name, don't officially exist. But, they are real, and you will not survive an encounter with them. They're just one of the things that makes this wilderness so dangerous."

Emily looked at him warily, as if trying to decide weather or not to trust the strange young man.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Rhett said, still trying to reassure her. "You still look really shocked. I can't imagine what you're going through." He continued softly.

"Yeah." Emily said weakly, her wide eyes staring at the blank wall in front of her.

"Maybe you'll feel better if you get a good night's sleep."

"Sleep?" Emily laughed.

"Yeah. Try it sometime, it's good for you. Don't kill me in my sleep, okay?" Rhett joked, tossing a blanket towards her shivering frame.

"This is all I get?" She said, staring at his pillow and sleeping bag.

"Hey, I wasn't exactly expecting visitors. Be happy I had that for you."

"Oh. Right." Emily said, wrapping the blanket around her.

"It'll be okay. You'll get used to this place." Rhett said, smiling at her. Emily didn't move, just sat there hugging herself under the blanket. "Well, wake me if you need anything." He said, then cozied down into his sleeping bag and drifted off.  



© 2012 Yes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this has me wanting more. Interesting prologue, it pulls me in beacuse I want explanations. The dilologue you started out with was very nice. I'm glad I happened upon this:) Nice job. I'll read more as soon as you have it for me!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012


Author

Yes
Yes

MI



About
22 / Female / Fine Arts Major (Theatre/Web Design/Arts Management) I write for me, and I'm here to share it with the internet. It will be full of typos and strange, strange grammatical errors, .. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Yes


Two Two

A Chapter by Yes


Three Three

A Chapter by Yes