My co-pilot is the devil

My co-pilot is the devil

A Story by The Unknown Sith
"

'welcome to purgatory'

"
   Riding in an empty hearse, needing another soul to fill this vampire-like thirst of a curse. Hexed to another level, riding disheveled, my co-pilot is the devil.

   The radio plays bumping backwards, satanic speaking heavy metal. Bumper sticker reads 'welcome to purgatory, b***h!' as we open up the hemi till we’re just a radar blip. Frankenstein bobble head on the dash just to make us laugh, while it gets whiplash waiting for the day we finally crash.

   Suddenly, she appears on the side of the road and oh kiddies, here we go. From kicking up dust fast to a suddenly slow sinister creep. We pull up beside her for a peep; at this creepy pace. Running mascara on a runaway’s face in this godless place. I lower the passenger window down with my co-pilot now nowhere to be found.

   Still at a sinister creep, I begin my speech as she keeps walking with an unwillingness to look at me. Oh it's me on ah 1, ah 2, ah 3, "Psst! Hey there, I know you don't care, but baby you’re in the midst of nowhere." Nothing. "By the way, I like your hair!" Nada. "Oh, you ain’t gotta be scared." Zippo. "I, myself, got my own cross to bear but, yours, well baby, it’s right now and here." Zero. With that, I let curiosity kill the annoying cat. " Hey, speaking about that very fact, do you remember how you got to this place?" She slows a little more. "It's okay, you just got a little lost, but I can getcha where you need to be baby, you can trust me!" Bingo.  She breaks her stone face and current pace. I continue, "Yeah, you’re not in the right place and unfortunately, time ain’t on your side. So, you should come by mine and hop in for a ride." She stops her forward movement so I mimic her actions. She stands in a void of shock and lost memories of a life she no longer loved. "Psst! your shirt seems to have found a little blood," I say to her dismay. She looks at the red stains on both arms of her long-sleeved shirt. Her mind still in a mist. "Psst! It’s coming from your wrists." I persuade with a "it’s okay we’ll just chalk it up to you having a bad day ... say, I'm still offering that ride. We got tunes, nice ice-cold AC, and hey it's free. " She finally looks at me. "Come on I don't bite … much, plus I already had lunch." I smile so corny as I finish with "You don't need to fear me it's just that my humor is written sarcastically." Finally, she chuckles at the oddity that is me and agrees.

   Once inside, we continue the ride as she puts her arm out the window and mimics roller-coaster rides from the force of opposing winds. With a radio bumping repetitive riffs and diabolical snare hits, she un-bites her lips. "Where are we going?" I stop my music flow "you know." I say to her. "No, I don't!" she snaps from bitten lips as she rolls her eyes to my sigh. "Why?" is her follow up reply "because baby, we died." is mine as we approach a glowing red pit. I distract her by showing my also-slit wrist "there is a price for this." I remiss. She says "what is yours?" I respond "this". We circle the pit counter clockwise to screams of the demised. As she widens her teary eyes. "I don't wanna go!" she says as we slow to my response of "I know". I put the hearse in reverse and back up to the lip of the pit.

   She persists, "Do I have to?" with a sympathetic glance in a clown-like stance, I say "sorry you do...but, if you like, I can make it fun for you?" The empty coffin in the back opens as I whistle a Dixie tune. She looks at me with a fake smile trying to conceal her feeling of doom. Let’s change the lighting of the room. "Oh come on girl, just get inside ... everyone's doing it ha! ha!...hey look at it as a fun amusement-park ride...You get inside and old uncle Rob just pushes you for a big old slide!" She climbs in the coffin shivering with fear. I sooth her soul and continue with empathy "now, now dear, just look at it as a quick trip to the hot sun and before you know it it'll all be done ... Then you can finally rest." She looks a little less stressed. I jest "Here I got you these two tokens for the ride let me just put them over your eyes".

   She nods ‘yes’ with her head as she is placed blissfully dead and the lid of the coffin closes over her spread. I slide the coffin so the ramp meets the pit of hell as I wish her a final farewell. Suddenly, she speaks to me from inside "is this a special ride?" Tears come from my eyes as I push her off and reply "yes dear, special, just like you ... ". 

   The deed is done as I return like my passenger to my car before a never setting sun. There is a sigh by me a nod by thee as I fall into the driver's seat where suddenly the pedal becomes one with my feet.


   Riding in an empty hearse, needing another soul to fill this vampire like thirst of a curse. Hexed to another level, riding disheveled, my co-pilot is the devil.

by the unknown sith

© 2024 The Unknown Sith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Entertaining read, interesting, and intriguing, to say the least. Something that will probably stick in my head for a while. I did like it. The narrator is basically the grim reaper, taking passengers to Hell, like the boat man taking them to Hell instead of Heaven.
You really have something here.

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
The Unknown Sith

9 Months Ago

Thanks for the response and glad you liked it!
light and ashes

9 Months Ago

:) you're very welcome.



Reviews

Entertaining read, interesting, and intriguing, to say the least. Something that will probably stick in my head for a while. I did like it. The narrator is basically the grim reaper, taking passengers to Hell, like the boat man taking them to Hell instead of Heaven.
You really have something here.

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
The Unknown Sith

9 Months Ago

Thanks for the response and glad you liked it!
light and ashes

9 Months Ago

:) you're very welcome.


at the end of a very long day, purgatory dont seem that bad really .. I enjoyed my visit here very much .. thank you :)

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Unknown Sith

9 Months Ago

Thanks for the review and stop by anytime.
Wow! I have to say that this held me captive. I was riveted from beginning to end. Review for a few spelling errors. Other than that, this is definitely a keeper!

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Unknown Sith

9 Months Ago

Thnx for the review. My imagination is legend, but my spag is well...not.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2023
Last Updated on April 14, 2024
Tags: Satan, purgatory, death

Author

The Unknown Sith
The Unknown Sith

TN



About
My writing are like scabs, I can't stop picking at them, The deeper I read, the more they bleed, I am forever a starving artist. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..