The salem trails

The salem trails

A Chapter by Weeping Willow
"

a quick chapter that show the main character

"

“In January l5, l697,  Salem and the Massachusetts Bay Colony proclaimed a day of fasting and repentance before God for the tragic error and folly of the Salem witch trials. Among the reasons for the day of fasting given by the resolution were, "so all of God's people may offer up fervent supplications unto him, that all iniquity may be put away, which hath stirred God's holy jealousy against this land; that he would show us what we know not, and help us, wherein we have done amiss, to do so no more."

The witch trials, a senseless, isolated and unbiblical miscarriage of justice, left an unfair stain on the reputation of all New England's Puritans. Over 150 suspected witches were imprisoned and nineteen were hanged during a few frenzied months of 1692. Most of the accused were women and social misfits. Sad to say, only a few of Salem's townspeople opposed preacher Samuel Parris, who encouraged the proceedings.

At the trials no evidence of Satan worship or the practice of witchcraft was presented. Breaking with precedent, the court did not require two witnesses, or even a showing that the accused had committed any acts. It was enough if a witness had seen a ghostly form like one of the accused.

They gave us no mercy, killing us off by the hundreds, as well as several hundred humans who were innocent.” A girl with highlighted pink hair says, holding an old brown book with a magic circle on the front.  Her black dress ripped up at the bottom and one sleeve has had to been replaced by a longer sleeve that doesn’t match the colour of the dress.

“Well better get back to work,” she says looking around. She’s in an alley somewhere in the city, right next to an old dinner, like one of those you see in those old movies in the 60’s or 70’s.  She slowly walks toward the dinner, on one of the bins is an apron, as she walks passed it she grabs it and putts it on.

“Hurry up!” Yells a woman from inside the dinner, the girl starts walking faster and enters the dinner from the back entrance.

“Hold your horses, I’m coming.” She says as she walks through the kitchen, there are four people in the kitchen two chefs a waiter and the old cranky hag who’s yelling at the girl.

“You need to get your head out of the clouds, that book isn’t worth a second though.” The hag says taking the book of the girl, the girl’s eyes glow pink and all the fire in the kitchen turns pink and jumps onto the bench.

“May I please have that back.” She says as the fire moves towards the hag, the chefs are two short men who run out into the alley as soon as the fire gets too big.  The hag hands the book back and the fires implode, the girl’s eyes stop glowing and she puts the book in her bra.  



© 2013 Weeping Willow


Author's Note

Weeping Willow
terrible grammar, I think i getting better

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The number was higher then the last chapter?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on March 6, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013


Author

Weeping Willow
Weeping Willow

Dream land, Shelbyville, Australia



About
My name is Weeping Willow I am a girl, and I love to write. I’m not always good and usually get bored of something easily. I’m a little weird and far out when it comes to stories. Even th.. more..

Writing