The Monster

The Monster

A Chapter by ThisIsBatman

When Lil Quinn looks like she’s about to pass out, I pick her up and carry her to the car. “Did you have fun, kid?” I ask. She giggles and nods her head. “Good. That’s what I want to hear.”

          “Except for when I saw my monster…”

          “You saw him again?” I asked, “Why didn't you tell me?”

          “He was there the whole time. How could you not see him?” Truth be told, I didn't hear or see him, or anyone else at the park with us.

          “Well maybe I did. What does he look like?”

          Her eyes got really big as she described him. “He’s really tall and skinny, and he’s grey! Like a really, really dark grey! And he doesn't have any eyes, at least not that I could see! And really sharp teeth, like a shark!”

          “Wow he sounds scary! I didn't see him, but you said he follows you everywhere? Is he in the car with us?” I wanted to get as much information about this “monster” as I could.

          She looked around the car. “Nope. But he’s at your house right now,” she replied.

          I looked back at her through the rear-view mirror. “How do you know where he is if he isn't here with us now?”

          “He tells me.”

          I was so confused by this point. “How does he tell you?”

          “He just does. He talks to me, but he doesn't talk to anyone else.”

          “Well, if he’s talking to you right now, why can’t I hear him?” I asked.

           “It’s in my head. I can hear him, but only up here,” she says as she points to her head.

          I finally give up on figuring out who this monster is and turn on the radio. Once we get to my house, I come to Lil Quinn’s side and pick her up out of the car. She’s passed out, so I just carry her. While I’m getting her out, I see a dark, shadowy figure in my upstairs window. I almost scream, but I remember I am supposed to be the brave one, so I go to investigate, keeping Lil in my arms. I walk up the stairs to the room where I saw the figure, and I didn't see anyone or anything, so I continue searching the house. I didn't see anything suspicious, so I lay Lil in her bed and go downstairs for a little while.

          BOOM! I hear a crash coming from upstairs and rush to my phone to call 9-1-1, then I run upstairs to Lil Quinn’s room to make sure she’s okay. When I get to her room, she’s curled up in a ball crying. “C’mon, Lil Quinn, we have to get out of here.” She stayed completely still, almost as if something had frozen her. I pick her up and start running towards the door as a black shadowy figure rushes past me. I stop.

          Lil Quinn whispers, “That’s my monster.” She continued bawling as I ran down the stairs and out the door. A few minutes later, the police were at our door, questioning me and searching the house. They couldn't find anything, and they just shook their heads as Lilith explained her monster to them. “Okay, well we don’t have time for your childish games, okay, Kaidyn?” one of the officers said.

          I stood up, looked him straight in the eyes, and whispered, “They’re real.” Then I walked inside with Lilith on my back.

          “Kaidyn, can you sleep with me…?” I hear as I put her in bed. I nodded and told her I’d be right back. I went downstairs, brushed my teeth, and then headed back upstairs into her room.



© 2015 ThisIsBatman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So far, I love it! Please keep going...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ThisIsBatman

9 Years Ago

thanks babe lol i will

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015


Author

ThisIsBatman
ThisIsBatman

Springfield, MO



About
I'm in 10th grade, and love reading and writing. Um, I'm not sure what else to say here, but check me out! more..

Writing
Chap. 1 Chap. 1

A Chapter by ThisIsBatman