Chapter 2 - The Mission

Chapter 2 - The Mission

A Chapter by Tim Holt, Author

Chapter 2- The mission

2 years later in Ellurida

 

Taking his master’s advice, Gildor stayed in Ellurida, and with every day his love for Selria grew. Soon rumors of a new power began coming to the valley of the elves, wandering elves sending whispers of a terrible foe. His name was Mordrith, a ruler of terrible men that called themselves the Mundar.

 

Now Gildor’s heart became uneasy, and hearing of this new mission that needed a great warrior, Master Aeglais suggested sending Gildor, a great elf warrior. When Gildor heard of the great council summoning him, he was very puzzled.

 

“Go to them, but tell me what they say,” said Selria.

 

“Of course,” replied Gildor, embraced her, then departed.

 

….

 

“Master Gildor, you have been summoned before this council to answer the threat of Mordrith. He is a great and powerful man that leads a very strong army. We plan to infiltrate the stronghold of Mordrith and assault him from the inside using only stealth. Master Aeglais has requested you for this mission, do you accept?”

 

Gildor sat troubled.

 

“Excellencies, if I may have a day to consider my mission, i would be very content. I will think about this mission and return in a days time to this council.

 

He exited and went strait to Selria’s lodging.

 

….

 

Sitting together in the Valley of Polaria, silence was all around the two lovers. After Gildor had told Selria of the invitation of the council, all she did was squeeze his hand and stare at the moon-lit valley.

 

“Do you remember when we first met?” she asked him.

 

“Yes,” he replied with a laugh, “I held a dagger to your throat.”

 

She chuckled, “I was talking about the first day in the valley.”

 

“Oh yes,” he sighed, “I remember you and how beautiful you were.”

 

“Don’t forget it,” she said and pressed something round and smooth into his palm, “Go on the mission, and use this to not forget me, and when you are victorious and you return, we will wed each other, and our love will be legendary.”

 

Then she pressed up against him and he felt her warm, cherry-red lips brush against him.  “Do not forget me,” she said quietly

 

“Never,” he said quietly in return, and they stared at the cascading waterfalls shimmering in the moonlight.

 



© 2008 Tim Holt, Author


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on July 15, 2008


Author

Tim Holt, Author
Tim Holt, Author

Los Angeles, CA



About
My name is Tim Holt. I live in Southern California and I love Jesus!! He's a great guy. Im a huge guitar player. I also love to hang out with friends, and the best thing besides God is JUSTICE!!!!!!.. more..

Writing