Chapter 7 - The Passing of Brethor

Chapter 7 - The Passing of Brethor

A Chapter by Tim Holt, Author

Chapter 7 – The Passing of Brethor

 

He picked up Istonul, and it still glowed white. He stepped up to the dark throne of the dark kings, and clove through the the back piece and the seat. The throne of darkness fell in two on the ground. A shudder ran through the dark city, and suddenly Gildor sensed it was time to leave. He sheathed Istonul and started to run out of the throne room. He ran past the body of Brethor.

 

He will not be laid to rest in this evil city.

 

Even though he thought it might be his demise, he picked up the man. I will follow my heart. To his surprise, it seemed that Brethor was extremely light. He sprinted through the hallways. He ran out, where men were scattering with confusion. The city was falling to rubble. He ran to Tycra, slung Brethor on Uriel, and galloped the horse out of the city. His heart seemed to fail him when he saw the gates begin to fall. It was going to collapse on top of him. He muttered an incantation and the gate shuttered to a stop. Tycra and Uriel sprinted through the gates, and Gildor’s shoulders slumped in weariness, and the gates crumbled to the ground. Gildor looked back and the last thing he saw was the city crumbling to dust.

 

….

 

He awoke to see the citizens and warriors standing outside standing outside of the gates of Clementa.

 

Lord Houser spoke up. “Hail the men who have thrown down the evil city and what lived in it! Hail Gildor and…” but his voice trailed to a stop when he saw Brethor.

 

“He died with honor sir,” Gildor said. “Without him, I could not have defeated Mordrith.” He told the Lord of the city his last words, and the Lord yelled aloud, “Where there is hope there is life!” And the whole city wept for Brethor.

 

….

 

Gildor was lodged in the Lord’s room that night, a thing of high honor. Gildor began to feel weariness struggle upon him.

 

“Rest in peace Brethor,” he said aloud, and then weariness overcame him, and he slept long.

 

….

 

He awoke and stepped outside of the city. Where there were normally the city’s flags, every black pole had black silk draped on it, a sign of remembrance of Brethor.

He found the Lord of the city staring at was once the black land.

 

“With all due respect sir, I wish to return to my home city, there my heart is laid, and there I shall go.”

 

“So be it Gildor. You have done us a great duty, and your name will always be remembered in Clementa. Go with the blessing of all men.”

 

 



© 2008 Tim Holt, Author


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on July 15, 2008


Author

Tim Holt, Author
Tim Holt, Author

Los Angeles, CA



About
My name is Tim Holt. I live in Southern California and I love Jesus!! He's a great guy. Im a huge guitar player. I also love to hang out with friends, and the best thing besides God is JUSTICE!!!!!!.. more..

Writing