Chapter 3 - The Party

Chapter 3 - The Party

A Chapter by Tim Holt, Author

Chapter 3 – The Party

 

My parents dropped me off at the party, and as I waved goodbye I looked at the two story house. It looked like what I expected a “popular people party” would be. Music boomed from the house and colorful lights were going through the house.

 

I walked up and knocked on the door. A girl answered the door. She was short, brown haired, and brown eyed. Pretty, but definitely not as hot as Kelly. She looked up and down at me.

 

“Who the heck are you?” she demanded. And oh man the story could have ended right there and I would have been perfectly fine with it. But the big bad boy down under had something else working for me. Kelly sort of materialized out of the mass of about thirty people.

 

“Hey Joanne he’s with me!” she said to this new girl, Joanne. Joanne looked confused for a second but quickly hid it. She smiled at me and opened the door all the way and let me in. Kelly took me by the hand the way the couples do it. I was so freaking high on emotions. Don’t you hate it when puberty works against you?

 

She took me around and started introducing me to people, but for the life of me I couldn’t remember anybody. Every person looked at me like I didn’t belong, until they saw who I was linked hands with and they welcomed me like a god. Some of the guys with their dates look oooooh so jealous of me. It was pretty cool.

 

In the end we ended up in the living room sitting on a couch. I was trying to think of something to do when That’s What you Get by Paramore came on.

 

“I love this song…” I muttered.

 

Kelly looked at me, “Then let’s do something about it!” she whispered in my ear. “HEY EVERYBODY!!! CLEAR A DANCE FLOOR!” she yelled. Like she was the queen, everyone cleared the way and started dancing with their dates. She pulled me up off of the couch and started dancing. It wasn’t slow dancing, but it was way fun. She moved her body, I headbanged, I love my long hair by the way, and everyone joined in. Even Kelly headbanged with her long blonde hair. It was soooo hot.

 

Then the song ended and the scene changed. A slow song went on and Kelly moved right in and put her head on my shoulder. She put her arms around me and I put mine around her waist. The “little voice in my head” uttered a warning, but I pushed it away with an effort, I had always listened to God before, but this felt so awesome. We danced for a long time, and another slow song came on.

 

Suddenly Kelly picked her head up off of my shoulder and moved in for a kiss. But this one was different then the one before. She opened her mouth, and suddenly I was making out with the hottest girl in school. Not to gross you out with the nasty details, we were at it pretty hard. I fell on the couch, and we were making out for what seemed like an eternity. Suddenly my phone vibrated and I pulled away. She reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone.

 

“Who is Ian?” she asked. My blood seemed to run cold in my viens. Crap, resturaunt night.

 

“Hang on babe,” I said. It sounded wrong but right at the same time. I looked at the phone. And my blood must have frozen. The clock said 7:30. Oh crap.

 

I opened the text: Dude I swear if you aren’t at Spring Creek in fifteen minutes Lily is going to come over there and murder you. I’d be careful she sounds serious. My heart dropped, my threats may be empty, but Lily’s were not ever empty. There was at least some part truth in them. Last time I missed one of her restaurant nights I woke with my toilet wrapped with that clear foil crap. Needless to say it was gross when I had to go in the morning.

 

“I’m really sorry I have to go. If I miss this Lily will kill me.” I said apologetically.

 

“But babe, the party was just starting!” she whined.

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry, I really have to go, I’ll see you Monday at school!” I said. She kissed me goodbye.

 

I didn’t forget to wash off the lipstick this time

 

……

 

I sprinted into the restaurant. I found the rest of the crew sitting at the table. I slid in beside Ian and looked at everyone. Ian and Walt greeted me, but Lily looked vehement.

 

“Hey,” I said to her nervously.

 

“Your breath smells like Kelly Evans,” she said with eyes looking into mine, “but don’t worry, I wont forget it.”

 

I sighed. Ian and Walt looked away, knowing that this meant very, very bad things for me. They were glad they weren’t me. I totally wished I was them.

 

The rest of the evening went good, but Lily was always short with me. A pit started growing in my stomach, and trust me, it didn’t stop growing.

 

 



© 2008 Tim Holt, Author


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 16, 2008


Author

Tim Holt, Author
Tim Holt, Author

Los Angeles, CA



About
My name is Tim Holt. I live in Southern California and I love Jesus!! He's a great guy. Im a huge guitar player. I also love to hang out with friends, and the best thing besides God is JUSTICE!!!!!!.. more..

Writing