Chapter 4 - The Downward Spiral

Chapter 4 - The Downward Spiral

A Chapter by Tim Holt, Author

Chapter 4 – The Downward Spiral

 

I woke up that morning to find that, once again, Lily’s threat did not prove bottomless. As I was walking out of the house to the bus, I opened up the door and a water balloon exploded on my head. There was no time to go change, because the bus was already at the front of my house. I could see Ian and Walt hooting with laughter at me from the back of the bus, and I saw Lily with a smug smile on her face. I smiled back, but inside I wanted to hit her in the face. This wasn’t normal.

 

……

 

As I got off of the bus we went to le cafeterium to eat some quick breakfast. Yet another tradition of the almighty crew. As I entered the cafeteria and I heard my name being called. I looked over and saw I was being waved over by Kelly, and she saved me a seat at table number 6.

 

Okay Overton High School tradition edjumacation time (gotta love my words). All of the tables were rectangles, lined up in rows. The first day of freshmen year, all of the popular kids sat at table number 6. It was one of those unofficial high school things. I really don’t know what would happen if you sat there… one of those a hundred years of bad luck? Anyway back to the story.

 

So now that you know the story of table number six, I was caught in the middle. Here were my friends since forever, the crew. But on the other hand, here was the hottest girl in school who had saved a seat for me. This was probably the deciding moment of my next stage of my life. Unfortunately, I was a hormone run high schooler.

 

“Bye guys!” I said and ran over to sit beside Kelly. If I would have looked behind I would have seen how hurt the crew was. The spiral downward had begun.

 

……

 

At another party that Friday, we were watching a romance movie. I was sitting on the couch by Kelly and a guy I had met named Shawn with his girlfriend.. I never would have watched it otherwise, but I was with my hot girlfriend. Every time the couple kissed, me and Kelly would “get at it,” as would all of the other couples in the room would. Every time, the “little voice in my head” uttered a warning to stop, but I had done it so much, it was easy to dismiss it from my mind.

 

About half way through the movie a bottle in a bag started being passed around. I didn’t notice it until Shawn passed it to me.

 

“Dude it’s really good, you should try it.” Shawn whispered and offered the bottle.

 

“What is it?” I whispered to him.

 

“It’s the booze of the party man, it tastes so good man, you should drink some. It’s way cool to do it,” he said with a slightly slurred voice. My heart sank. Beer. The thing I am not supposed to do. Kelly looked at me, waiting me to take a sip. I’ll just take a sip, it won’t be that bad. I’ll stop after this

I took a sip, and it tasted terrible. But oddly, I wanted more. I drank a mouthful more. It tasted better than the first time. I wanted to down it, but passed it to Kelly. I didn’t want to be mean and drink the whole thing. Kelly downed the rest, called for the cooler, and picked up another one to pass it around. Before she closed it and gave it back to Dean, I picked up one out of the cooler. I was addicted.

 

“Tastes good doesn’t it, honey?” she asked.

 

“Almost as good as your kisses,” I said with a slur in my voice, I know I was gross. Then I went in for the make out and she accepted it gladly.

 

I downed another bottle and everything went blurry. This is amazing, I thought. Suddenly my phone vibrated again. I knew who it was, but oddly, I didn’t care.

 

Dude are you coming tonight man? Walt’s text showed up. I ignored it and went back to Kelly.

 



© 2008 Tim Holt, Author


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on July 16, 2008


Author

Tim Holt, Author
Tim Holt, Author

Los Angeles, CA



About
My name is Tim Holt. I live in Southern California and I love Jesus!! He's a great guy. Im a huge guitar player. I also love to hang out with friends, and the best thing besides God is JUSTICE!!!!!!.. more..

Writing