A darkened Soul

A darkened Soul

A Chapter by CHRIS ANDES
"

hate this song

"
A DARKENED SOUL
"we passed upon the stairs, we spoke in was and when,
 I spoke into his eyes I thought you died alone, a long, long time ago...."
As the sound started to heat up and each lyric slipped into my nerve, a memory of an old friend figured slowly through my mind. His weak determination and crooked outlook of the world taught me the courage of acceptance. From every bit of conversations that we had, I'd already witnessed his tragic history. To nature, he's a dry leaf who never knew the reason of falling; if the wind blow him away or the tree that let him go or the leaf itself that never hold tight. I usually encountered rotten words between life and himself, leaving me to end up like crying. The fact that a friend view the world exactly opposite the way I do is a serious ironic conflict, yet urged me to let him change his ways; to twist his rebelled thoughts to hope or just simply unhook his passivity to perseverance. He often quoted himself as the weak monstrous demon who exist for other's destruction. 
Sickening. 
Life is indeed vulgar. Every detail found and created by human, consciously or unconsciously, dominates the reason of mind, thus, generally constructs malice, the very first emotion felt by Eve; malice that constitutes all other sins, accords pretentious acts and make belief. I am not God speaking words of wisdom on what's right or wrong, coz I guess all of us are already aware of that and we just need to admit that sometimes not all we believe to be true is good or what we perceive as wrong is actually evil. It's the ethics of life, isn't it? 
Through his eyes, I saw a deep longness, a dark image of lost self. I know the pain, coz I felt it from his. 
His tragedies struck me breathless, but what can I do? He knew himself better than I did. 
"I laughed and shook his hand, and made my way back home 
I gazed, a gaze less stare, we walked a million hills, 
I must have died alone, a long, long time ago...."
Now this song slowly comes to an end, that shadowy image of his soul cast my eyes to widely open. Yeah, and there you are lying on your own world, your true peace, your sepulcher deep within my heart. 


-musicfunk-


© 2016 CHRIS ANDES


Author's Note

CHRIS ANDES
"inspired by Nirvana's song 'the man who sold the world'
=]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't really know the song, but you're writing was great. Very expressive. I loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thanks =]
These are the lines that stuck with me:

"...we spoke in was and when..."
"He often quoted himself ..."

I really liked this piece, it's super poetic. I just saw now that this was inspired by Nirvana's song 'the man who sold the world', interesting because I see that loud and clear. Now I am going all over youtube to remember the 90s. This was very delicious.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

oh, thanks
;p
I'm not familiar with this song...so it would have helped if you had set the song lyrics apart somehow so I knew it wasn't the narrator's voice speaking. I think you have some good thoughts here that could have flowed better with some grammar changes and corrections to typos. Continue to express yourself.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thanks
;p
I ;love your images and it is very unique in so many ways :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is interesting and deep; good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thanks Tom
=]
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
dark word of wisdom, there is a creepy feeling in this work that makes it intriguing to read. i really thought it was inspired by the song by EVANESCENCE but then again its the just the title..good work

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

yes a little bit of evanescence but a lot of nirvana
thanks you also know about them
=]
Pax

11 Years Ago

i love evanescence and i like some songs of nirvana as well.. and your welcome
CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

;p
Oh, i love the last line of this piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

;p
A very entertaining opening chapter. I like the memories and places you took me in the chapter.
"I laughed and shook his hand, and made my way back home
I gazed, a gaze less stare, we walked a million hills,
I must have died alone, a long, long time ago...."
I like the mystery and feel of darkness in the chapter. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

yes,..that's why I was inspired by that song
=]
t.y.
This is intriguing...Dark and eerie...the mystery is weaved brilliantly into your story. I like the vivid imagery you have depicted. Well done... looking forward to this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Robbie~xoxo~

11 Years Ago

You're welcome Sweetie...it's very good...keep it up! :)
CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

;p
Robbie~xoxo~

11 Years Ago

:) :D
i like this piece the mystery is good and the word choice is great. keep it up i love it!!!!!!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

a lot of thanks rhea
..I'm also editing it
you want to suggest any improvements?
=.. read more
Rhea752

11 Years Ago

mostly it was just character development. really good job though!!
CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

oh right
t.y
=]

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

699 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2016


Author

CHRIS ANDES
CHRIS ANDES

[email protected]



About
as you decided to look at this profile you are actually opening a psychoelectromagnetic world of music. Any information that your intellectual curiousity desires to know just hit the mes.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A1 Poesy A1 Poesy

A Poem by CHRIS ANDES


Stay Stay

A Chapter by CHRIS ANDES