A darkened Soul

A darkened Soul

A Chapter by CHRIS ANDES
"

hate this song

"
A DARKENED SOUL
"we passed upon the stairs, we spoke in was and when,
 I spoke into his eyes I thought you died alone, a long, long time ago...."
As the sound started to heat up and each lyric slipped into my nerve, a memory of an old friend figured slowly through my mind. His weak determination and crooked outlook of the world taught me the courage of acceptance. From every bit of conversations that we had, I'd already witnessed his tragic history. To nature, he's a dry leaf who never knew the reason of falling; if the wind blow him away or the tree that let him go or the leaf itself that never hold tight. I usually encountered rotten words between life and himself, leaving me to end up like crying. The fact that a friend view the world exactly opposite the way I do is a serious ironic conflict, yet urged me to let him change his ways; to twist his rebelled thoughts to hope or just simply unhook his passivity to perseverance. He often quoted himself as the weak monstrous demon who exist for other's destruction. 
Sickening. 
Life is indeed vulgar. Every detail found and created by human, consciously or unconsciously, dominates the reason of mind, thus, generally constructs malice, the very first emotion felt by Eve; malice that constitutes all other sins, accords pretentious acts and make belief. I am not God speaking words of wisdom on what's right or wrong, coz I guess all of us are already aware of that and we just need to admit that sometimes not all we believe to be true is good or what we perceive as wrong is actually evil. It's the ethics of life, isn't it? 
Through his eyes, I saw a deep longness, a dark image of lost self. I know the pain, coz I felt it from his. 
His tragedies struck me breathless, but what can I do? He knew himself better than I did. 
"I laughed and shook his hand, and made my way back home 
I gazed, a gaze less stare, we walked a million hills, 
I must have died alone, a long, long time ago...."
Now this song slowly comes to an end, that shadowy image of his soul cast my eyes to widely open. Yeah, and there you are lying on your own world, your true peace, your sepulcher deep within my heart. 


-musicfunk-


© 2016 CHRIS ANDES


Author's Note

CHRIS ANDES
"inspired by Nirvana's song 'the man who sold the world'
=]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this piece, but I feel like it's lacking a bit in character development.
You don't really learn too much about the characters themselves in this piece.
Why does the character feel this way? Where's the catalyst?
The formatting can be cleaned up a bit, too.
But I like the emotion of the piece. The imagery is good, as well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

yes, that was a weakness
thanks I'll try
=]
Scytheriax

11 Years Ago

No problem, just trying to help make it better!
It has a lot of potential...it just needs to b.. read more
CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

;p
"if the wind (blows) him away'
"rotten words between life and (him)"
"through his eyes, I saw a deep (longing)"

An honest story with a nice flow to it... "In paths we saunter, there lies traps. Travelers fall into them... Some get out, others don't... It takes a friend with courage to pull you out. But it only takes self strength to learn the lesson..." I feel the same way as your friend... And I couldn't help but feel connected... :(

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

oh,thanks for reminding me I'm not alone
=]
Fréyjä Helvití

11 Years Ago

Your welcome.. :)
Lovely mysterious write...life is indeed vulgar missing a d.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

yeah
i love mystery
thanks moon
=]
I like this. It's very mysterious. That's what I get from it anyways

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thanks mason
=]
any suggestions for improvement?

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

700 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2016


Author

CHRIS ANDES
CHRIS ANDES

[email protected]



About
as you decided to look at this profile you are actually opening a psychoelectromagnetic world of music. Any information that your intellectual curiousity desires to know just hit the mes.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The House The House

A Story by ewest1220