Dream State

Dream State

A Chapter by Taylor Marie Cecilia

I went to second period; AKA the first class of the day I have with Ari. I felt like this might be a disaster I didn’t want to face. I sat down in the back corner, hoping that since I beat him, and most of the other students other people would fill the slots around me. But I wasn’t so lucky. He sat down right next to me. I looked straight forward and ignored him, I could feel his stare. Suddenly I felt a folded sheet of paper bump into my hand, I unfolded it and read it.

It said, “ I know you are angry, and you have every right to be, please let me explain, or at least look at me”

Well, since he wanted me to look at him, I shadowed my eyes with the most terrifying glare I could manage and turned towards him, at first his eyes looked remorseful, but as he caught sight of my eyes he jumped in his seat. Okay so I didn’t think my glare was that terrifying. That was weird. Anyways I ignored him again and went about my business, I did the same during third period, then I had a break from him, but not Neria. Luckily all she did was smirk at me then be her perfect self. Fifth period Ari didn’t sit near me and I was glad, and I was just about to escape the room when he grabbed me and dragged me to the back hall. He made me listen when he said “ you need to know about your eyes now, before you effect someone too much”

             I rolled my eyes and looked at him as seriously as I could.

            “have you noticed you are the only person with brown eyes here?”

I nodded, not seeing his point, he said “ it’s because you are special, we are a very special people already but you are rare, you see the eye color you typically see is not the real eye color of  the person, but their decoy color, or natural color. Beneath their eyes lies their True eye color, you are one of us and your eyes have a True color no one has seen since the 1700’s.”

“what does this True color do for us” I spat the words at him

“actually that’s the thing, no one is sure with you, but for the rest of us it gives us a connection to certain things like my eyes, they connect me with earth, giving me a true color that’s full of earth tones. And Nolan’s charcoal eyes connect him with fire, so his True colors are red, orange, and yellow. People with Violet eyes are connected to the heart, and have purple, pink, red, True colors. I think you see the point, the colors connect you with an element, physical, spiritual, or mental. But all records of what brown eyes connect with have been lost”

I rolled my eyes when I said “then I guess I’m going to have to figure out what I connect with”

This worried him and he responded with, “please let me help you, I can see your True eye color, but figuring this out could be dangerous”

“I do not want your help, okay, I heard you with Neria, and I don’t trust you” I said the words so forcefully it looked as if I had smacked his face.

I walked away and to my locker and found Nolan sitting there, and I had some questions for him.

“so you know about True eye colors and crap?” I said and he nodded. So I asked him “can you see mine?”

 he said “no, but if we tested you I could figure out what you connect with”

I said “please help me”

He nodded and said “after school today we will try to figure it out” I smiled and leaned against my locker, I made a friend I could trust. He grabbed on to my hand to reassure me, but both of us knew it wasn’t a romantic hand hold, just friendly, to help me survive this chaos.

            The rest of the day passed in a blur, but soon we left and went to my house since I lived far away from people, well most people except the one I wanted to avoid the most.



© 2010 Taylor Marie Cecilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on June 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 30, 2010


Author

Taylor Marie Cecilia
Taylor Marie Cecilia

Johnstown, NY



About
well. one thing i can say about myself. i tell the truth. im a terrible liar, so i'll tell you the truth no matter what. =D I have a lot of opinions. and people can always easily tell how i feel, and .. more..

Writing