Very Rapid Eye Movement.

Very Rapid Eye Movement.

A Chapter by Taylor Marie Cecilia

            Nightmares have always assured me that, despite everything I am still alive. But this one, this one surreal nightmare, made me wish I wasn’t.

            In this nightmare I thought I had woken up. I sat up in Ari’s bed his arms were still wrapped tightly around me, I looked down at his sleeping face, I could see the peace there, he looked like he was smiling. My legs were beginning to fall asleep and I was restless so I pried myself from his grasp. I stood up and opened the window, it was a little chilly so I went to Ari’s closet and pulled out a sweatshirt to throw on over my cami. I needed air badly, for some reason I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I leaned against the window ledge and let the oxygen flow through me, but then suddenly it was too warm, I didn’t want to take the sweatshirt off anymore than I wanted a hole in the head, because it smelled like Ari, so I just took a deep breath. Suddenly I thought of Ari and Neria, and I was angry all over again, I tried to take another deep breath but I couldn’t remover the anger from my body, it didn’t feel natural, before I could realize what was happening I was walking towards Ari. My hands were shaking with the anger in my body. I was right up next to the bed now, my hands outstretched to Ari. Suddenly I was holding my hands around his neck, and with the frightening vibrations controlling my hands, I was strangling him. I didn’t want to, I could still feel my love for him, but something else had taken over my body, I didn’t think I could stop it. I could feel the force of some invisible enemy making me feel this way, just as I had done to Ari, now I felt horrible for doing that. So I used what I could to do the same, I threw my anger at being used to hurt Ari at this invisible enemy and soon I felt like I was in control. I let go of Ari’s neck and looked at my horrid, wobbly hands. My legs were also wobbly I could feel myself fall to the floor as this dream ended and I was suddenly falling through the darkness.

            When I hit the floor I was jerked awake, and so was Ari. I was so frightened I was not only shaking uncontrollably, but I was crying, and I couldn’t stop. Ari quickly stood up and put me in his arms, we sat on the floor and he held me, when he thought I could answer he whispered “what’s wrong, what happened?” I looked down and realized I was wearing his sweatshirt! I thought that was a dream, I glanced at his neck and saw that it was red and had nail marks where I had been using all my strength to hurt him. He stared at my shocked expression and with concern all but screamed, “what happened?!” I quickly told him everything and forced him to look in a mirror to show my proof. He grabbed me and I thought he was going to strangle me himself, but instead held me so tightly to his chest I cried again. He began to kiss away the tears that were staining my face. I didn’t want to go back to sleep so while he laid down in his bed I went to take a shower.

            The water felt nice on my skin, and woke me up from my nightmarish state. I remembered I didn’t have clothes so I threw on my shirt, cami, and Ari’s sweatshirt. I would have to get jeans before school. I went back to Ari’s room with my hair dangling wet to my waist. I saw that Ari was awake on his bed so I went to sit with him. He combed his fingers through my wet hair, he knew by now that I adored this. I felt at peace, and when he went to kiss my neck I felt small shivers tremble through my body. It was now 6:45 so I figured I should get home to change.

I spoke for the first time since my freak out, “I need to get home and change”

His said “ you should keep that sweatshirt on, it reminds me that you care for me”

I replied, while blushing, “I will”.

He went to his closet to get clothes and then to the bathroom to change, when he came back he was wearing black jeans and a red t-shirt with some random logo on it. He sat down next to me and I took his hand, and looked into his gorgeous eyes as I said, “since I’m wearing your sweatshirt, can I give you something of mine to wear?” he nodded so I took the long chain with the fairy dust vial and put it around his neck, I explained to him that it was from an old friend, and it, like him, is very important to me. But when I took it off it seemed to change colors, maybe it was a trick of the light, but it seemed slightly less purple and more blue.

I drove us to my house and he waited in my room while I ran to the bathroom to change, I threw on a pair of jean shorts, a fresh camisole and his sweatshirt. It was getting late so we left for school and when we got there we split up to go to our separate lockers, and when I opened mine there was a note, it said,
“you sure as hell don’t know everything about the people you side with” and it was signed by Neria. Of course it was, she is just trying to mess with me, I just disregarded the note and shoved it in my bag.



© 2010 Taylor Marie Cecilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on September 26, 2010
Last Updated on September 26, 2010


Author

Taylor Marie Cecilia
Taylor Marie Cecilia

Johnstown, NY



About
well. one thing i can say about myself. i tell the truth. im a terrible liar, so i'll tell you the truth no matter what. =D I have a lot of opinions. and people can always easily tell how i feel, and .. more..

Writing