Sleep Cycles

Sleep Cycles

A Chapter by Taylor Marie Cecilia

 

It was time to figure out what the deal was with this True eye color stuff. So my eyes were brown I don’t get what’s special about them eight out of ten people in my old town has similar brown eyes. So the whole “your eyes are special” business was just weird.

Anyways, we got there and decided to sit outside and see if sometime was influenced by my presence. Since we would need some indication for every possible element we sat on the grass near our bird bath and pulled our gas grill near us and lit it to see if it responded.

Nolan spoke first “I think for this to work you should meditate.”

“uhm, sure, I guess” I responded.

So I crossed my legs, closed my eyes, and tried to clear my mind. It worked semi- well.

But nothing happened to anything but the fire, which suddenly flared like it was startled. I looked over at Nolan who had a similar startled reaction.

“I know what you connect with, or at least I have an idea” he said

“what?” I asked.

“you influence peoples emotions, feelings and opinions.” He stated it like a fact.

“how are you so sure?” I didn’t really believe this.

“because as soon as you relaxed I did” he said

“well that doesn’t mean much, you could have just been glad I was quiet” I snapped

“okay well lets do another test, you try to “send” me an emotion” he snapped back

I nodded and focused again, I also could feel his tension release. I thought I would make him feel the pure anger I felt at Ari, so I balled it up and threw it like a softball to his waiting mind. He jumped slightly and the fire not only grew but tipped over, clearly the emotions I sent to people would affect their element. I could feel the resulting anger in him. So not only could I make his emotions, but I could also feel his own. And now he felt in awe.

“this is something I’ve never seen before” he said

All I did was wonder, and I knew what I would do with this new-found talent. I would make Ari feel the anger I did. And I would do it tonight. On my terms.

Since I had sat in the dirt and was now covered in it I went upstairs to change and figured I might as well make him feel as much regret as possible. I left my hair straight but made is slightly messy in an attractive way. I put on a skirt that was much shorter than anything else I owned and knew I wouldn’t risk  bending over in that thing. I put on a black lace cami that showed enough cleavage for him to see what he wouldn’t see much more of, ever. I pulled on my converses so that I had a touch of myself in this horrid outfit. I looked at myself in the mirror, and retouched my eye liner in a way that would amplify the effects of my eyes, and I hope he got a good look at the anger in them. I had my normal jewelry on, and I looked at my faerie dust vial, and apparently it had a third state, rock solid. I began to wonder if it was changing with my emotion.

I left my house just as my mom was pulling up the driveway. I rolled down my window and told her that I would be back soon. I drove down the street three houses and pulled up to Ari’s house. I knocked and he answered, luckily it seemed he was the only one home.

“so I figured out what I connect with” I said, and when he looked at me questioningly i added on “I guess I’ll just show you.

He stood there waiting and I threw every ounce of anger at him. As it flowed through me to him I felt it. It felt like fire, ice, war, manipulation, lies, and death in one unappealing blow to his heart. And I loved the look on his face when it hit him. He could tell it was my emotional burden being dumped on him. I was done, and I felt a hell of a lot better. But then as I turned to leave I could feel his emotions damn it! Why couldn’t I just ignore it!? He felt remorse, sorrow, love, and awe. I turned back around and he said “please give me a chance to explain”

“why should I”

“because I promise I will tell you the truth” and in his words I could feel that he would.

I nodded and he motioned for me to go upstairs to his room. I followed him and sat down in his desk chair, and for the first time he seemed to take in my outfit, I could feel the emotional groan in his mind.

He spoke “please don’t say a word till I finish”

I nodded

He began, “after Neria and I heard about you we formed a plan, I would deceive you and make you care for me to find out what your gift was then I would tell Neria when I figured it out. But what I never planned was that I would care for you also. And when I realized that you saw Neria and I, I felt so awful I knew I would do anything to have you back, and now I will, I promise you that my allegiance is to you now” ‘

I felt the truth in his words, and I nodded.

He came up to me and grabbed my hand, when he did this I began to cry, how could he want me after the blow I just sent straight to his heart?! He pulled me over to his bed and made me sit, he began to comb through my hair and this sent shivers down my spine, I immediately trusted him again because it felt right but then I remembered Nolan.

I asked if he knew why Nolan was so kind, and he said, “because after you hated me I had to find some way to assure your sanity and safety, Nolan, even though it may not seem it, is my most truest friend.

All I could say was “oh”

I leaned into his arms and said “what do we do about Neria?”

He said “I will simply call her and tell her I’m done with her and you know everything and will not be harmed. And I will do it now for you to hear.” He picked up his phone and dialed her, it was on speaker.

She answered on the second ring “hello baby” she purred.

He went straight to his point “Neria, we are done, I no longer want to hurt Aidan, I love her, and I will not be on your side any more”

She spouted a fountain of profanities and ended with “damn It Ari, you are dumb and will pay for this”

He just hung up the phone and focused on me, I was now crying tears of joy. He bent his head to mine and kissed them away like a mother would her young child’s boo boos. We just laid down on his bed with me basically on top of him. I kissed him and knew he was on my side for good. His hands were knotted in my hair and I laid my head against his chest and fell asleep.

I woke up again around 11 p.m. I decided I should call my mother, I did and told her I was sleeping over at a friend’s house. She was delighted I made a friend, I just didn’t mention said friend was a guy, I happened to feel very strongly for.

I sat up and Ari circled his body around me. I leaned down to kiss him but it turned to more. I laid back down on top of him and kissed him more passionately. His hands were very tangled in my hair and we were both slightly rocking back and forth his hands strayed to my hips and waist, he held me against him and I pushed myself towards him. My hands were on his chest feeling the contours of his body. His hands began to play at my shirt, soon it was on the floor, and I felt obligated that his be there too. I looked at his chest and was in awe. We began to kiss more desperately. I sat up on his chest and looked down at him, he was so beautiful. But again I felt the need to kiss him. He felt the need also, so he sat up and adjusted me so that my legs were wrapped around his waist. My hands began to stray and soon my hands were in his hair, and my lips were on his, I could feel the swollenness of our lips crushing each other, but I could also feel that this was going too far so I stopped stepped away with apologetic eyes and found my shirt, as I put it on I said “sorry, but we can’t go this quicky” he responded with “I’m glad because I want you to trust me” and I tossed him his shirt.

We settled with sitting on his bed entangled in each other’s arms, and soon we were both asleep.



© 2010 Taylor Marie Cecilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting. The passion is effectively described. The conclusion is satisfying. The point of view works. The two "in awe" descriptions stood out a little too much for some reason I can't describe well. You might see if synonyms work better. Perhaps it's me, but I wasn't sure of the sex of the narrator until too late in the story. It might be improved by an earlier clue. "I straightened my dress " "Perhaps my mascara was an unusual color." Whatever. My "sleep" contribution is a memoir of the emergence of the science and clinical discipline.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting. The passion is effectively described. The conclusion is satisfying. The point of view works. The two "in awe" descriptions stood out a little too much for some reason I can't describe well. You might see if synonyms work better. Perhaps it's me, but I wasn't sure of the sex of the narrator until too late in the story. It might be improved by an earlier clue. "I straightened my dress " "Perhaps my mascara was an unusual color." Whatever. My "sleep" contribution is a memoir of the emergence of the science and clinical discipline.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on August 2, 2010
Last Updated on August 2, 2010


Author

Taylor Marie Cecilia
Taylor Marie Cecilia

Johnstown, NY



About
well. one thing i can say about myself. i tell the truth. im a terrible liar, so i'll tell you the truth no matter what. =D I have a lot of opinions. and people can always easily tell how i feel, and .. more..

Writing