Alimah

Alimah

A Chapter by Zubi
"

Meet Alimah, Fire Fairy.

"
I stared up at the night sky, unable to see the moon. A warm hand found my shoulder, and I turned to see who had invaded my area. It was my younger sister, Mariqua. Her golden hair cascaded down her chest in tight braids, scattered with burnt areas. She was holding out a leaf with supper on it. She smiled.
"Eat it." Her bossy tone echoed through the quiet tree. She unfolded her brown, angel shaped feathery wings and flapped back to home tree.
 Most humans think we are small beings.We are the same size, but have wings and live off nature and have elements to follow. Not many have ever come across a single fairy, let alone a home tree.
 After I had eaten, I gazed at the stars some more. I began to drift off to sleep, but as my eyelids drooped, a head popped in front of me. I screamed. A cold hand covered my mouth. Another grabbed my wrists. I tried to make a flame, but my hands were behind me. Finally, fire shot out of my palms, and I could see my attacker. It was a fire being, with spiky red hair and an ouch face. He took away his hands.
"What was that for? And who are you?" He smiled sheepishly. 
"I'm... Uh...Flamehand." 
"Flamehand...? Isn't that a human name?" I asked. 
"Yes." He said. "My... mother is a human." 
"I have to go, to home tree." I said. "Wanna' fly with me?" 
"Sorry." He said. "Don't live there." And before I could ask where, he flew off. I waved to him. Then I noticed it. He was flying toward the ice kingdom. 

 I flew to home tree. I have blood red wings and hair which falls down my back in red curls. As I arrived, the other fire beings were either asleep, hiding or out, as there was not one around. 
"Hello?" I called. "Mother?" Nobody appeared. Then, I saw it. Flickers of fire and ashes floating in the breeze. The fairies were hiding. 
"Come out!" I called. "It's me! Alimah!" Finally, my father's head rose from behind a leaf. 
"Alimah!" He cried. "You're here!" I nodded. "What's going on, father?" I enquired. 
"Get down!" He hissed. "Why?" I asked. Father looked sheepishly at the stairs to 'Room of Secret'.
"The Ice's declared a battle, this morning." Father said. "They said they would strike when we are least expecting. So the area is patrolled." 
"They'll strike in our sleep!" I cried. "But, father," I took a deep breath. "I think I saw an Ice being, dressed as a fire, trying to kidnap me. But, when I could see him, he stopped." Now, every single fire fairy came up from hiding spots and flew over. 
"Probably didn't want you to think he was kidnapping you." Father said. "What did he look like?" 
"He looked like a fire being." I said. I reached up and picked a plum from the branch above me. Suddenly, Mariqua screamed. I turned, and right at Mariqua's feet was an arrow. I bent down and touched it. It was cold. So cold.
"That's an ice arrow..." I whispered. But before I could say anything, a loud 'ATTACK!' echoed throughout the tree...


© 2015 Zubi


Author's Note

Zubi
Ignore Spelling Mistakes. Tell me if you don't know how to say the names.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

there is a grammar mistake: "I saw AND ice being" instead of AN. Please fix this

'Part from that, AWESOME

Posted 9 Years Ago


Name pronunciation:
Alimah: Uh-lee-muh
Mariqua: Muh-ree-kwuh


Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on May 14, 2015


Author

Zubi
Zubi

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
I have a cat, featured in some books, two guinea pigs, also in books, and a horse called Buttercup. Enjoy reading my stories! more..

Writing
Elements Elements

A Book by Zubi


The Aussie Feast! The Aussie Feast!

A Story by Zubi


❄1❄ ❄1❄

A Chapter by Zubi