Vaala

Vaala

A Chapter by Zubi
"

Meet Vaala, Ice Fairy.

"
My father says I have to become a fighter, but I'd much prefer being queen like my mother. I can't bear violence. That is why I never go to the battle arena, when there are fights. I want to pick up like my mother, the queen. I know I said that to my father when he first told me to fight. 
"Vaala!" A voice broke into my thoughts. It was Entig. Damn. Father had sent him to the fire beings tree to spy on them. 
"Yes?" I asked.
"I nearly kidnapped a fire being!" I grinned. Not a real one, but fake. I've heard that fire fairies are extremely rude. A loud knock erupted around the room. 
"Enter!" I called. Caery scurried in, and hurrying behind the little ice-wolf came Megiva, my friend. 
"Vaala!" She cried, shoving Entig to the ground. Her crystal white hair quivered around her waist, messy and undone. Her light-blue, knee-length gown shook vigorously as she ran in her crystal ballet flats. Caery howled.
"Your sisters gone missing, we think near the fire beings land!" I gasped and got up from the throne and sprinted down the corridor. 

It's not easy sprinting in a long gown with crystal high heels. OR with your hair done in fancy plaits on top of your head. But I did. When we got to the edge of the castle, at Icicle Cliff, we spread our wings and flew up on to the royal dragons. I chose a strong, transparent Crystalle Dragon. I leaped on and grabbed the reins. Megiva flew onto a snow-white Daisy Dragon, it's yellow thorns sprouting from around it's neck quivering with intense excitement for a fly. They roared and spread their long wings out and flew. We flew across the Snowy Hills, large mountains bigger than what father called 'Everest'. 
"Look!" Megiva yelled over the rushing wind. "I see someth-" She didn't finish. I heard an ear-splitting scream. I swept some loose strands of hair out of my hair and stared at the Daisy Dragon. It had no rider. Suddenly it roared and it dived down, it's mouth opened and it's fangs extended towards Megiva. She screamed louder. Suddenly everything became quiet. My dragon reared up and stopped flying, so the rushing wind went unexpectedly still. 
"NO!" I screamed. Suddenly, the Daisy Dragons mouth opened. Megiva sat inside it, stunned. As she realised what was happening, she grabbed a tooth and climbed up back onto it's back. I gasped with relief. And as we landed quietly on the fire home tree, we saw frost rising from a sealed door. And suddenly, I realised it. My sister.  

A scream of terror broke my shock. Not a human scream, but a strangled, saddened roar. I suddenly felt my dragon falling through the sky. And exploding from its chest
 was 
flaming 
hot 
spear.


© 2015 Zubi


Author's Note

Zubi
ENTIG- En-ti-sh
(If your German pronounce 'ish' like ich) (I)
CAERY- Ca-er-ee
EEROSIN- Ee-ro-sina

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry, I changed EEROSIN to Megiva. Cpt. 2 has pronunciations.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
1 Review
Added on January 11, 2015
Last Updated on May 14, 2015


Author

Zubi
Zubi

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
I have a cat, featured in some books, two guinea pigs, also in books, and a horse called Buttercup. Enjoy reading my stories! more..

Writing
Elements Elements

A Book by Zubi


The Aussie Feast! The Aussie Feast!

A Story by Zubi


❄1❄ ❄1❄

A Chapter by Zubi