i. saw

i. saw

A Chapter by Deja

I spent most of my time at the mall with my closest friend, Kennella. We usually just sat in the food court after walking around for a hour and pretty much just stared at people and talked about school and people. Today we decided we would wear matching Nirvana t-shirts that were a charcoal color while she wore her distressed bleach damaged high waist jeans and some high top white Converse but I wore a black skater skirt and knee high white socks and all black low Converse. I put gel on my pixie cut brown hair into a Mohawk and had a light amount of lip gloss on because I wasn't big on makeup and such.

"Well, how is it going with Emma?" I asked Kennella then grabbing a fry and eating it.

"Well, we are okay I guess. She has been a bit weird lately, ya know? She also might be jealous of me and you but I told her me and you are definitely just friends but she knows I lover her, and her only." Kennella went on. Kennella was bisexual and at the time she was dating a girl she had a crush on for the past two months finally.

"Oh." I glanced off into the distance looking at people eat and talk at their tables.

"What about you Chacie?" she asked.

"I am...still alone of course but I don't like anyone. Plus the fact I am mostly black and like white guys so that's a fact." I shrugged still staring off.

"We should go to the skate park, it's been forever." Kennella suggested. My eyes went back to her.

"My board is still broken,"

"So? We could just hang around like most people do there," she smiled. "We might even see Sandy."

"Sure then." I shrugged again. We got up after finishing the last few fries we had left then walked out. The skate park was maybe a block or two down so it wasn't a big deal for us to walk plus we didn't have a option since Kennella's mom dropped us off and then went to work.

Once we got there we went to the in ground ramp  and sat on the edge watching mostly boys skate around.

"I really miss it out here." Kennella said staring out with a smile.

"Either way Sandy isn't out here." I mumbled.

"Huh?" she turned to me but I stayed silent. The sun was going to set soon and it'd still be awhile before her mom would come and get us.

"I am going to get a snack, from the vending machines." I stood up and started walking for the restrooms where two machines were that held drinks and some snacks. I walked over and stared into the machine and then noticed some boys sitting on a table nearby. One in particular was sitting there holding a yellow and palm tree designed board. At that very moment he turned around and stared at me. I lost my breath staring back at him. He had the most beautiful eyes and he was perfect. His light brown hair had a wave at the front and the rest of his hair followed through. It was long on the top and cut short on the sides and it fancying him. I blinked as he stared at me then grinned, turning back around. I watched him continue on as I held my hand to my chest, still out of breath panting. I leaned against the vending machine, mesmerized by this boy I had never met.
“What the hell Chacie?” a familiar voice said from beside me. I turned quickly and Sandy stood there.
“S-Sandy?” I stuttered. Her short sandy colored bob cut hair blew lightly with the wind and some strands stuck to her hot pink lipgloss that I hadn’t seen all year. Her skinny distressed jeans hugged her thighs and her shirt hung over one shoulder.
“Who else?” she smiled holding her arms open. I ran into her arms and held her tightly against me. Sandy was my
best friend since preschool and last year her evil Dad took her away and cut all her contacts to here, in L.A.

“I’ve missed you so much.” I started crying into her shoulder.
“I missed you too Chacie. What were you losing your breath over back here?” she asked. I took a quick glance at the boy again laughing with his friends and then back at Sandy.
“Nothing at all but lets go back over here with Kennella.” I said and started back to Kennalla.
“Kennalla!” Sandy cried out and then Kennella turned around quickly and jumped up running for Sandy and embracing in a hug.
“I told you Chacie! I knew we would see her here!” Kennella smiled at me. I smiled but my mind wasn't on Sandy much anymore, more on the boy who seemed to be perfection.



© 2014 Deja


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014


Author

Deja
Deja

SC



About
I like tacos, pizza, and Tumblr. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Deja


One One

A Chapter by Deja


Two Two

A Chapter by Deja