September 27: Art and (un) Death

September 27: Art and (un) Death

A Chapter by Katy X
"

Wherein Katy X realizes there is more to life (and undeath), making a new commitment to art...

"

September 23

Okay, so this post is a little self indulgent.

In case you are worried, we are NOT an art group.  Or an group for artists.  Or whatever.

But I am an artist, and I wanted to talk a little about that.  And about death.  And about undeath.  Because (while I wouldn’t wish it on anyone) undeath has changed me.  How could it not?

I have a secret.  It’s a big one, and it’s embarrassing.

Before I died (and came back), I’m pretty sure I was a cheerleader.

Actually, a pom pom girl.

Of course, this is what I’m told.  I honestly don’t remember… but I was shown “evidence” and… let’s leave it at that.  It’s just another LOOOOOOOONG story that doesn’t really belong on this blog.

It’s not something I do now. And it’s not like there’s anything wrong with that (for the most part).

It’s just… SO NOT ME.

Death has a way of changing your perspective and your priorities.  And eternity (cause it kind of looks like I’m going to be stuck this way, well, forever) is a long time.  With that in mind, a lot of things don’t seem as important as they used to, like doing what people expect instead of what you love.

I think I was the kind of person who felt a lot of pressure to be a certain way.  Because the truth is that I still feel as though I should do what other people expect.  What I think will make other people like me… What will make me popular.

But no more.

In a way, dying and coming back gave me a do over.  So this time, I’m doing it my way.  I’ve even started a sort of multimedia art project based on my extreme reaction to a new band I discovered (trapdoorsocial.com… what are you waiting for?).

So, in my official capacity as the editor and main (only?) contributor to this blog, I’m gonna plug my stuff from time to time, as well as anything else I think is cool.  So don’t be surprised if you find my little artistic touches in and around the blogosphere.

X



© 2012 Katy X


Author's Note

Katy X
this is one chapter written as a blog entry in a serialized novel
see more at
http://www.undeadgirlsonlinesupportgroup.com
and
http://bit.ly/undeadwriters

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on December 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 3, 2012
Tags: undead, serialized, supernatural, occult, fantasy, romance, young adult, teenager, vampire, ghost, zombie, dybbuk, golem, paranormal


Author

Katy X
Katy X

Secret Location



About
I'm a student, a digital artist, and member of the undead. But that doesn't mean I don't have a story to tell... more..

Writing