Maldita 2

Maldita 2

A Chapter by vanlauredel

          Okay, its still summer vacation and its sunny the way I like it! :)

Just this morning I woke up in an amazing view, the busy view of HONGKONG; yup! Currently in Hongkong with my parents; dad got a meeting in this cosmetic company here in    Hongkong.

            I definitely love the night markets here! It’s amazing how you could buy so muc stuff with so little money. However, I hate it when I don’t understand a thing people here are talking about when you go to shops, restaurants or generally just everywhere. Foreigners in the Philippines must also feel the same way.

                        Anyway, just a little while ago while I was roaming around the market and I saw this kid saying things I don’t understand, so I kept on smiling and ignored him. A little later I got hungry and realized that it was time for my medication; yup! I’m not exactly the healthiest person in the world; I actually have hemophilia, it’s a sex linked disease and its rare for a female such as myself to manifests its symptoms, it’s pretty sad; that every time I bruise or get a simple cut the bleeding don’t stop; so I already know what would be my cause of death. (Nah I’m just kidding! got cha!J hahaha)

                        I’m just taking in contraceptives moron! Hahaha and other vitamins, to keep myself away from disease; got to keep healthy. So I came in this restaurant, of course it’s Chinese; the food is not so bad, anyway I realized that I was roaming around so long now and decided to return to the hotel.  But then, on my way I noticed this intriguing boutique so as I know myself I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I couldn’t explore it. So I came in, while I was picking and looking at whatever they were all selling this clerk came; You know what I really hate it when I’m looking at things of particular interest and people would come up to me and say “that looks good in you.” All smiles and wrong grammar; I hate it big time!

So as a brat such as myself, I would definitely not buy any since you just ruined my day. So I left the boutique not saying anything since I figured out that she wouldn’t understand my English anyway for she couldn’t even construct a simple statement.

Soon after a cab ride, ride on the elevator up to my room, and had a shower. Took the remote and lied down the bed, I was in the mood of watching TV when I realized that everything was in Chinese and again I couldn’t understand a thing... The only English channel available was of a news channel and I don’t like news if it doesn’t involve war or death of many (I’m a morbid person) then I consider it uninteresting and boring. So I turned off the TV, looked outside the window and that bore me again so I decided to sleep to kill some time. Soon enough my parents called me in my room and told me to dress up nice because where eating out; (as if we are not out enough at this rate?) and me playing good girl this remaining days to get myself maybe a car or so since I already got the laptop I wanted. I dressed up nicely, and I went out to eat with my parents in this hotel where the cosmetic company my father had a meeting with; is actually having a new launching of their product. We were all applaud and deep inside I felt my soul sleeping and wanted to evaporate to the boring things I’m seeing; didn’t understand why we are clapping and smiling, shaking ands, all cheers! Shouting ‘KAMPAI!’ I pretended to enjoy myself though,

 I just wanted to go home and sleep. Or maybe get myself an ice-cream.

Soon enough we decided to retreat and go back to the hotel. (Thank God! Peace and quite at last!)

The next morning same thing happened but this time I packed up since the next day would be our flight back to the Philippines. I have to admit I missed the Philippines, the traffic, the busy streets, the overpopulated market where pickpockets roam around looking for a dim-witted victim; the PDA, the sweet stench of the taxi’s! The pollution and never ending flood, mud and dog-s**t on the streets; the ugly color of the walls and overpass, (pink is not in!), the pictures of politicians, the crazy ‘wanted to die people’ crossing the high way where there are signs saying “wag tumawid nakamamatay”, the stunning view and never ending noise of the everyday MMDA project, (project gwapo or project istorbo) the brave motorist of EDSA, brave enough to drive without helmet on. The hold-dapper on the streets, fortune teller in Quiapo. I miss then all…. (Hah? are you kidding me?)

            Anyway time passed quickly, and right now I’m riding on the plane eating junk foods and chewing gum. It’s always a boring flight nothing interesting happens; sometimes I wish the plane would crush or something... So at least something will move me and excite me… to add up it would be a great log on my journal, “my near death experience”, (hahaha watta crap) … I also hate what they play on the TV same old, bunch of re-runs. It’s a good thing its only a 6 hour ride rather than in US it take almost 24 hours of backache and boredom, a day of torture I call it.

 

                                   Xoxo

Vai L.

 



© 2010 vanlauredel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010


Author

vanlauredel
vanlauredel

manila , Philippines



About
i'm just your ordinary 21 year old girl, who can't sing, can't dance. LOVE's to write, laugh and love.:) http://twitter.com/#!/vanlauredel http://www.quizazz.com/vanlauredel http://wattpad.com.. more..

Writing