Prologue - Omega

Prologue - Omega

A Chapter by {{Vanessa.Williams}}

Prologue - Omega

I can still see their faces, twisted in anger. After all these months, after every single incident that has happened. I remember that night, where the wind was roaring in my ears as I made my kill. The high stench of blood didn't mix well with the sensitive nose, but I didn't care. No, I was on a blood rush. It would take an immense amount of self control to tear me away from my pray...self control that I certainly didn't have at the moment. 

I take another swipe at the body that I know is already dead. It didn't matter to me, it felt so good to kill that I wanted to still abuse the body further. That swipe digs into his skin, right down the stomach and his internal organs come spilling out, as well as more blood. I let out a triumphing howl to the moon and snapped my jaws in victory.

Only 30 minutes after did I truly realize the horror that I had done. In those short, 30 minutes my family arrived at my location, thinking that something was wrong with me. No, nothing was wrong with me, but something was very wrong with everything else. 

It was quiet while I was frozen, and still quiet as each member of my family turned their eyes to see the mess that I had created. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, my pulse was hammering in my ears as well. Each breath seemed exaggerated, like a slow motion movie. Right before I could go mad, everything returned to normal time.

Only, whatever happened next made me wish that I was in slow motion again.
The first thoughts I heard in my head was my dad's. If there was anyone that acted like a true werewolf in our family, it was him. With his short temper, and little impatience, he seemed to fit the myths quite well. 

How could you have been so stupid?! he got right into my face, snarling. I cringed away from him, seeing his long, curved teeth dangerously close to my muzzle. Do you have ANY idea what you just did?! You just killed an Alpha's SON! Their pack is going to come straight after us, we'll be killed instantly! 

I didn't say anything, but watched him warily. I knew that I had majorly screwed up, but I didn't think that it was totally my fault. I wasn't the one that started the fight, and even though I had lost my self control and phased first, he totally had it coming. I refused to take full blame for my actions, no matter WHAT had happened. 

All of a sudden, I felt the air whoosh out of my lungs as my dad pounced on me, his teeth inches from my throat, snapping ferociously. Do you have ANY idea what you just have done? he growled. Think about Kylie, about Kristen! They aren't even nine years old yet! They haven't even lived! Do you know what they'll have to go through, knowing that another pack wants them DEAD?!

I was a little more than surprised at my father's behavior. I know knew never to get him angry, or, even worse, on his bad side. What shocked me more than this was how he was letting himself behave like this in front of Kylie and Kristen. While my dad was out here berating the crap out of me, they stood there in the background their eyes wide. What made even less sense was how my mother was just standing there, watching. She wasn't trying to protect her daughters' innconce, she was letting them just watch to their heart's content. 

Look at me when I'm talking to you! My father lashed out at me, batting my head roughly to look at him. I did look at him, I looked at how his amber wolf eyes glowered dangerously at me. I saw the hackles on his shoulders raised up in anger, and the way his mouth was set in a snarl. I could feel the sheer fury that was coming off of him in waves. And for the first time in my life, I felt afraid.

I felt scared of my father. 

But inside me, there was another feeling. Besides fear, there was something else. It wasn't as strong as the fear, but there was definately something else. I knew that in due time, it was going to come out. Whether that was a good or bad thing, I had yet to find out. 

My father snarled again. You have disgraced our family!To think that I thought that you had potential of running this pack one day. Thank god I caught you this early in your act of stupidity. You would have made a horrible leader! He sniffed in digust. You sicken me.

I felt rage building up in my chest. How DARE he accuse me without knowing my side of what happened! How dare he call me sick, when it wasn't even totally my fault! I lunged at him, my jaws snapping in fury. I could imagine myself ripping his throat out, when I felt a sudden pain in my head. 

My dad was the Alpha of the pack, therefore he had total control. I felt his alpha strength and command in my head, crushing my mentally. I howled in pain, clawing at the ground. Glancing a peek and Kristen and Kylie, a sudden pain started hacking into my chest.

There faces were horiffied. I could see in their amber wolf eyes how scared they were. I felt guilty for making them go through this, scarring them because of my stupid actions. I felt bitter revulsion against myself, sickening me in the pit of my stomach. 

I laid on the ground, thrashing against my dad's mental attack. I glared at him, pure hate in my gaze. I hated him for making me this way, I never wanted to see his face again. 

One word then sounded in my head. LEAVE.

Leave? Get cast out of the pack? No way in bloody hell was I going to do that! I growled and tried to fight against his command with no avail. That single word kept pounding into my head, matching the same tune as the beat of my heart.

LEAVE. LEAVE. LEAVE. LEAVE.

You don't belong in this family anymore. Get away from my pack! My dad's voice thundered in my head. You are nothing to us! If you don't leave now, omega, then I will go after you myself! He snapped his jaws to make sure that he was serious about the threat. 

I froze and stared at him. What did he just call me? Omega. No. No. NO! I howled angrily. How DARE he make me an Omega! How dare he cast me down to be the lowest rank in a pack! 

I wasn't an Omega. I was born strong, there was no way that I could be an Omega! But my reputation got me the part, even though I had enough strength in me to kill an Alpha. Being the Alpha's son, I was another Alpha, but now I was cast down to being an omega! I would be considered nothing but FILTH! 

GO! My dad called out, disgust coming out of every pore in his body. LEAVE AND NEVER RETURN! This time I felt an alpha command in his voice, and I knew that I had to obey. 

My legs started moving to there own accord, my mind not telling them anything. I stared back at the rest of my family. My mother and two younger sisters. They were crying out now, obviously they had been listening to our conversation. 

Jeremy! Kylie called out sobbing. Jeremy please don't leave! Jeremy, don't go! 

If it was possible, my heart shattered into a billion pieces. All I wanted to do was to comfort my baby sister. I wanted to nuzzle her head, and when I would be human, hold her in my arms. 

You will do nothing of that sort, came my mother's cold voice. 

I froze in my tracks. I never heard my mother being this cruel to me before.
They won't remember you, we'll make sure that they forget who the hell you are, she growled. 

Inside, I knew that I was breaking. My family, who was once so welcoming, so caring, now had become so cold that it sickened me. Staring back at my father, who was once my role model in life, I only felt a sick revulsion. My mother, I still couldn't believe that she had said. My two sisters, my two baby sisters, Kylie and Kristen....I would miss them with all my heart. From this day on forward, I would be nothing to them. 

I felt like I was dead and gone, if that was even possible. Only the simple beating of my heart reassured me that I was still alive. Other than that, I felt nothing...I felt numb. All I wanted to do, no all I NEEDED to do was to escape. 

With one more look behind me, I discovered that my family was gone. Was this whole episode just a figment of my imagination? Looking down at my bloody paws told me another story. No, this was all real.

My paws hit the ground with a thump as I started to run, started to escape. Where would I go? I had no idea. How would I survive? I wasn't sure if I could even live to the end of this day. Would I ever get to start fresh again? Not unless I moved to a whole different country. Face it, I was a goner.

I didn't get far running away. No, even though to me it felt like I had been running for days, I had only been running for a few minutes. I couldn't see the valley in which I had made my kill anymore. I felt relieved, for some reason. Coming to a stop, I surveyed my surroundings. I wasn't in a familiar place, but at least it was safe. I padded around the small meadow three times before collapsing unconcious in the very direction where I had come from. 


© 2011 {{Vanessa.Williams}}


Author's Note

{{Vanessa.Williams}}
Prologue! I already had written it before...and the first chapter too :P
So what do you think of it? Like it? Hate it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it! it's very dramatic and you throw us in the midst of the action! reading on! ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

{{Vanessa.Williams}}
{{Vanessa.Williams}}

City of the Wolves, Transylvania



About
I'm a paranormal romance freak, and that's mostly what I like to read, as well as write. Angels, Werewolves, Vampires, you say "oh my" and I say "HECK YEAH!" (: I do make exceptions to my writing, s.. more..

Writing