The Witches

The Witches

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

Two girls Trick Or Treating run into some witches.

"

The Witches



Ruth Ann and I were out Trick Or Treating one dark Halloween night. Whirling winds on this cold October evening sent chills down my spine. I tugged on my black dress, then adjusted my wart covered mask so that I could see better out of the eye holes.


This house is haunted,” I warned Ruth Ann.


That's OK with me, I just want to get in out of the cold,” she assured me.


So I knocked on the door...

An eerie cackling came from inside, and I could tell that Ruth Ann regretted hastily telling me to knock. She turned to leave, but the door opened before she could. 

In the doorway stood an old witch. Her dark locks of hair, streaked with white, flowed down to her ankles. She held out a bowl filled with apples. 

"Apple dearie?" she asked.


Ruth Ann grabbed my arm, her eyes pleading with me to go.

"That is a really good costume grandma! I didn't realize your hair was so long!"


I can't believe you did that,” Ruth Ann yelled as she punched my arm.

Behind me came another witch wearing a hideous mask. Without saying a word she pushed through the door, right into my grandma's house.

"Who are you?" my grandma questioned.

This witch refused to speak, which made her all the more disturbing. It was my turn to be scared. I could tell my grandma was starting to freak out when the witch finally took her mask off. It was her friend Jo McNally!
I don't think grandma was feeling quite so friendly with Jo at that moment, kinda like Ruth Ann was feeling about me.



© 2017 Wendy Seames Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Did this really happen? I would love to watching something like this from the side line. I would laugh my butt off. I bet the looks on all of your faces were the best.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wendy Seames Garner

6 Years Ago

Yes, pretty much it did. Not sure my grandma dressing up and her friend coming her her mask were on.. read more
Diane

6 Years Ago

that is funny as can be

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 23, 2017


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing