chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by weepingwillow
"

horror

"

 In the dark, cold room a group of people meet near a table. They can hear the rats scampering on the metal floor. On the small, metal table is a small box with a great big T on it. The light bulb above the table keeps flickering on and off.  A woman touches her watch and the watch starts to glow. A male voice comes from the watch, “Alice, are you ready to start again?”

“Yes sir,” replies the woman.

“What time do you want to go to this time?” asks a man behind her.

“Maybe we should check out the black death!” replies Alice.

Alice starts walking towards the box and puts her watch on ‘T’.  She starts to talk “We are going back in time to the middle ages! Back to when the Black Death was around, ok computer!”

Then a very stiff voice says “O.K. back to the middle ages you go,” 

“Thankyou computer,” replies Alice.

 

A bright light fills the room as Alice gets out a piece of cloth. When the bright light leaves they are in a small wooden house. Alice wraps up the box in the cloth and puts it into a young woman’s bag.

“Make sure not to drop it, May,” Alice says to the women. Then all of them quickly look around and run out the back door. In the back yard there are at least 4 dead bodies on the ground.

“Get as many samples as possible. We’ll go in groups of two. Meet back tomorrow at sundown.” Says Alice as everyone gets their sample containers ready. Alice ran to the castles near the end of the street. There were bodies everywhere and it was clear as a baby’s bottom how they died. The bodies of the dead lay everywhere the person with Alice looked as though she’d vomit. The place was empty, Alice yells out “hello” and the only thing she heard was her own echo.

 “Where do you think everyone is?” asks the terrified woman.

“If they’re not dead, then most would have moved, there were too many dead people near them.” Replies Alice, but the woman only got tenser by those words. They finally ended up at a giant wall.

“We’ll have to go around,” says Alice she was looking at how big it was. The woman with her started to wander into an empty street. Then all of a sudden the woman started screaming.

“What’s wrong?” Alice says running to her aid. There, on one of the empty houses, two of their colleagues dead. Their skin is ripped completely off.

“Who did this? It couldn’t be the Black Death. It doesn’t rip off your skin,” says Alice pulling the terrified woman towards her trying to give her a hug. Alice sees a pink bow on the ground and wraps it around the women’s hand and says, “Keep it, and look after it for that poor little girl.” A few minutes after Alice asks the woman her name.

“Oh sorry I should have told you sooner my name is Hannah,” says the woman.

“Well, Hannah let us go and find the others,” Alice tells her. Then they hear another scream.

“Let’s run,” yells Hannah but Alice runs towards the screaming.

“Hannah, I’m going to find out what happened; you go ahead and find the others,” Alice yells. When Alice arrives there’s only one body. “That poor little girl” says Alice kneeling towards the dead body. When she gets to her feet she hears horses nearby and starts running in their direction. Alice hears Hannah screaming. When she sees Hannah, eight knights surround her and Hannah.

“Hannah catch this” says Alice throwing Hannah a watch. Hannah catches it and presses the middle button. She goes flying to Alice’s side. They both start running for their lives. Alice runs into a house dragging Hannah behind her. They exit through the back door and bump into a knight.

 

“It’s sundown and Alice, Hannah, May and Leo aren’t back yet! Let alone four others names I forgot,” says a man, who keeps pacing around the room.

“You have to calm down Anthony” says a man sitting on a stool. May walks into the room dripping with blood and collapses just as she passes the door. Her eyes look like that of a dead person. She’s holding a jacket in her hands.

“May! What happened? Where’s Leo?” says Anthony, but May doesn’t say a word she just gives him the jacket she’s holding. The jacket is black and red, but the red is actually blood. When Anthony sees this, he falls down to the floor in disbelief.

“What happened tell us please, we need to know what happened,” Anthony says impatiently. This only makes May’s condition worse. May started sing ‘Ring a ring a Rosy’ while rocking back and forth.

“She’s lost it, only if Hannah or Alice were here they might be able to calm her down.” says the man on the stool who still hasn’t moved a muscle. Three men and a women walk down the stairs.

“Oh Robert, Liam, Jackson and Lucy you’re just in time. May’s having a break down because Leo’s dead!” Says the man on the stool.

“Stop it Craig! We don’t know if he’s dead, or any of the others for that matter.” Anthony says, picking up May and taking her up stairs. Then May whispers “Leo’s dead his skin was ripped off by......by..... The little girl.” The room lay dead with silence as they look at her eyes glowing with fear. Then a knight slams down the door he’s carrying a women in his arms.

“Who the hell are you?” Craig says finally standing up. “And is that Hannah!”

“There’s no time for that, I think she’s dead!” says the knight looking at the women in his hands. From behind him a voice says, “she’s not dead just knocked out” It can clearly be seen now that it’s Alice. The knight put the girl on the table. It can be seen they’ve been through a lot because their clothes are ripped and there’s blood all over them.

Hannah finally wakes up around about dinner time and says.“ The watch is broken how will we get back to our own time?” Alice stands up and says,

“Don’t worry we’ll find a way to fix the watch just get some sleep,” Hannah starts to close her eyes when a loud scream comes from up stair. The knight, in his heavy armour, can be heard coming down the stairs.

“You should take that off armour,” says Alice not paying any attention to the screaming. Suddenly the screaming stops.

“What was that?” Alice says sitting up.

“The lady up the stairs is a little scared of the monster that killed her friend,” the knight says starting to get dressed in normal peasant clothes.

 

A little girl, with one pink bow, comes down the stairs singing a little melody. She walks towards Alice all the while looking at Hannah. The little girl then sits on Alice’s lap and starts whispering into her ear.

“Hannah do you remember her, she’s the one who saved our lives from the group of knights. She saved us along with Sir Peter.” Alice says taking the little girl to the out side.

“Run. We have to get out of here,” Hannah says standing up and grabbing Alice’s arm. “She the monster!” Hannah yells, starting to scream.

“The little girl’s not a monster.” Alice says trying to calm Hannah down.

“She is, she’s wearing the same pink bow I have in my pocket!” Hannah takes out the bow it is the same one. The knight stands up and points his sword at the girl. Alice and Hannah stand behind the knight, creeping up the stairs. The little girl says with a creepy snake-like smile, “You should run, but not upstairs, they’re all dead!”

“You’re lying Hannah go quickly check.” Says Alice pushing Hannah up the stairs. Hannah runs up the stairs and see the little girl was telling the truth, everyone is dead, but there is also these big purple squares covered in slime. Hannah realises that May was the one screaming, seeing as she was in shock her screaming would just be another symptom. Hannah runs down the stairs and realises it will be difficult to get out of here with the watch broken.

“They’re all dead!” Hannah says. Hannah pushes Alice and the knight out the door and says” run for it as fast as you can!”

 The little Girl says, “I’ll catch up with them after I kill you, then my babies and I will kill all of England.”

“I won’t give you a chance.” Says Hannah as she pulls out the box and says in a loud clear voice “Self- destruct mode activate.” A giant beam of light consumes the room and then there’s a huge explosion that wipes out half the street. The knight and Alice look at each other then Alice falls to her knees and starts crying. When they finally get back to the house they gather the remains of her friends and make graves for them. After they pay their respects, they walk to an old farm and that’s where they still live today.

They never saw the monster again, but that doesn’t mean she’s dead!    



© 2012 weepingwillow


Author's Note

weepingwillow
terrible grammar (had to do for an assignment)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

C+

Posted 11 Years Ago


THAT was an assignment?!?! What did you get for it?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012


Author

weepingwillow
weepingwillow

hervey bay, Australia



About
I'm treible with spelling and grammar but love making up stories more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by weepingwillow


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by weepingwillow


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by weepingwillow