~ Land of Poets ~

~ Land of Poets ~

A Poem by Pax
"

- series #4

"

 

~ Land of Poets ~

I sit on the stock pile of emotions

with crappy verses of my distraught voices.

 

Fragile words carefully stored

In this land of poets, we concord.

  

I stroke my bleeding pen,

to write away any burden.

 

I am often ashamed,

Uncertainties to blame

With nothing to claim

I hide in the moment I lied

Full of rules and fears, I am fully tied

Can’t escape nor set aside

Just a person riding the tide.

 

 You might think this is word-play,

Too unrealistic to life’s role-play.

Yet I say:

It’s a piece of my screaming heart, conveyed

in a creative way.

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
Sometimes I would think that I should stop writing poems, that I have no future in what so ever in it or stop writing all together. It’s a hobby that can’t feed me yet it feeds my mind and filled my soul with wisdom, that my heart is communicating - somewhat sprinkling bits of pieces he wants to convey. I feel tired you know, there is too many uncertainties I feel, it stings, somewhat my soul bleeds... yet I found a special family of friends here, and that to me is worth enough to stay in this site.

I write from a deep perspective, something that hides behind the rhymes. More often it is just fragments of my soul, scattered in all of my verses.

This was part of my series of poems, the fourth one to be exact.
Here is the others:
Heavy Hear #1
Vast Space #2
Silent Scream #3


Credits to the photo used:
Papercuts by sea-of-ice

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Poetry is a hard life. Writing is a hard life. Art, in any way, shape or form is a hard life. But we do it because we feel it in our souls. We might not necessarily be good at it. It might not be able to earn us a living, and all the words in our heart may threaten to tear us apart, or to overflow and drown the world. It may seem like too much of a burden, to have the power of the pen, to feel like you're drifting out on an ocean of emotions that flicker so quickly past you don't have time to grasp it and put it on paper, thoughts and feelings too beautiful to ever be captured by words. And so many times we want to walk away, to stop, to give up. But I think what makes it worth it isn't the result. It doesn't matter what happens in the end. Whether the words are clumsy or not. Whether anybody publishes it or not. Whether or not anyone else approves, even. It doesn't matter in the end. What matters is the journey. And honestly, for people like us? The journey itself is enough.

Posted 10 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I really admire your words my friend, it really fills my heart with warmth, its breathtaking how bro.. read more



Reviews

Poetry in very raw and pure form, love the way you share your soul with your readers, I wish you all the best my friend. I have been to your country and loved it you guys have the biggest shopping mall in far east, which was located in Manila. Wish you a great success, keep writing you are good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You're welcome and you should be in America, saudi is too dry for talent like you.
Pax

10 Years Ago

oh, sorry for the late reply my friend... Middle east is the easies to go through for us filipino wh.. read more
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

Good I like your very positive insight, as I mention you early I have traveled your beautiful countr.. read more
well.. i totally agree with you, but poetry is the best way to empty your mind... and as lord bayron says:' if i dont write to empty my mind i go mad"...and thats totally me and im sure that you can relate to that too... and you are one of my family over here, and no one can leave their family :( .. that was totally amazing poem i truelly liked it :) ...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I can sure relate to that... I bleed more if I don't expressed them, the mind is a crazy place to be.. read more
stars are far

10 Years Ago

Im glad too :)
Indeed, writing, as multifaceted as it is, serves a lot of purposes. It is one way to creatively express one's thoughts, feelings, or emotions. It is a means of freezing a scenery, moment or event in time. It is a mirror that reflects life as it is, as it ought to be, and as it never will be.

While I agree with what some of the people here said, I and myself agree to disagree with some of the comments here; not for me to be rude, condescending, or antagonistic, but for me to stick to what I really am as a reviewer. You know me, Paxie. I'm a friend, not an enemy. =)

Anyway, let me proceed to my comment on your poem. I think I understand what the poet is trying to say -- he finds writing a great medium of putting into words what he feels, experiences, thinks, and knows. The good thing is, the poet was able to say it with poesy. Literary devices were used such as some figures of speech, images, defamiliarization, rhyme and rhythm.

However, I noticed that some consecutive lines contained in the same stanza are not smooth flowing because of incoherent transition. For example, these lines in the first stanza are somewhat incoherent because the transition is not so good:
"I sit on the stock pile of emotions,
Crappy verses of my distraught voices."

How about making it more coherent by changing it to something like this:
"I sit on the stock of piled emotions
With crappy verses of my distraught voices."?

Some other consecutive lines have the same snag, like these lines:
"Often ashamed,
Uncertainties to blame"

I've also spotted a dangling modifier:
"Fragile words carefully stored
In this land of poets, we concord."

Paxie, I love the message of the poem, and even the words used. Nonetheless, If this poem is more coherent, it'll be made clearer, more appealing, and smoother-flowing.

=)




Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

By the way, my comments are not mainly on grammar anymore but on issues on clarity and coherence.
Pax

10 Years Ago

thanks so much mi amigo... in that line i am referring to the wc or any other poetry sharing website.. read more
Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

No prob,pax. :)
Let's face it, we write because it is a need, it is us to do so...a release from life and wanting to voice things to record a moment, we don't write for the fame or money in it, there seldom is any lol I enjoy your poetry, always visceral and emotively so :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you my friend. always!
This is very emotional and well done. I don't think I could ever stop writing poetry even if I wanted to.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You put allot of heart and emotion into this piece i loved that, that's what makes a great poem :)
I love the way it flowed as well... and the rhyming was AMAZING!!!
Dont ever stop writing its something amazing :) it helps let your emotions out, sometimes you cant say something, but you find you can pore your heart out when writing :)
Writing is a great way to get your emotions out, and lots more.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Artists must be sacrificed to their art. Like bees, they must put their lives into the sting they give.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Our souls will never get tired of what they like to do, and if they like writing then the answer to your pains maybe easier than you thought so: your soul will keep writing and shatering into pieces every time you write. But hey! As long as your soul wants todo write, then it will be allways be able todo leave a piece of itself con every piece you create!!
Also, writing helps su flush away all kind of feelings and lets us renew ourselves each time de do so.
So thats a good thing!
Excellent poemas, perfectamente sublime, excelso.
Felicidades amigo! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Fernando Dardón

10 Years Ago

well, I strongly recommend Duolingo for that. Its a web page, also available on mac and android
Pax

10 Years Ago

nice, I've signed up now... wow, its so interactive. I liked it. thanks mi amigo...
Fernando Dardón

10 Years Ago

And its addictive too, you're welcome. :D
Absolutely beautiful well done 👍

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Among the poetry you weaved that verbalized your quandaries, your predicaments, this one is the most refined. This piece encapsulated everything you often reveal, you often communicate. There is no line that can be brushed away with which spoke even about me as poet... It is true indeed, that when you take writing as pharmakon, share what your pen have inscribed, you reveal the secrets of your soul, and often you feel volume of shame, but quite the contrary you find the cathartic effects on the process of it that keeps you moving on.



Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend, I always valued your words... I can't thank you enough...
when you talk.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Belle

10 Years Ago

I used to often trust my quick ink, but now I am learning to edit without altering the voice of the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2453 Views
57 Reviews
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


heavy heart #1 heavy heart #1

A Poem by Pax