~ Land of Poets ~

~ Land of Poets ~

A Poem by Pax
"

- series #4

"

 

~ Land of Poets ~

I sit on the stock pile of emotions

with crappy verses of my distraught voices.

 

Fragile words carefully stored

In this land of poets, we concord.

  

I stroke my bleeding pen,

to write away any burden.

 

I am often ashamed,

Uncertainties to blame

With nothing to claim

I hide in the moment I lied

Full of rules and fears, I am fully tied

Can’t escape nor set aside

Just a person riding the tide.

 

 You might think this is word-play,

Too unrealistic to life’s role-play.

Yet I say:

It’s a piece of my screaming heart, conveyed

in a creative way.

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
Sometimes I would think that I should stop writing poems, that I have no future in what so ever in it or stop writing all together. It’s a hobby that can’t feed me yet it feeds my mind and filled my soul with wisdom, that my heart is communicating - somewhat sprinkling bits of pieces he wants to convey. I feel tired you know, there is too many uncertainties I feel, it stings, somewhat my soul bleeds... yet I found a special family of friends here, and that to me is worth enough to stay in this site.

I write from a deep perspective, something that hides behind the rhymes. More often it is just fragments of my soul, scattered in all of my verses.

This was part of my series of poems, the fourth one to be exact.
Here is the others:
Heavy Hear #1
Vast Space #2
Silent Scream #3


Credits to the photo used:
Papercuts by sea-of-ice

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Poetry is a hard life. Writing is a hard life. Art, in any way, shape or form is a hard life. But we do it because we feel it in our souls. We might not necessarily be good at it. It might not be able to earn us a living, and all the words in our heart may threaten to tear us apart, or to overflow and drown the world. It may seem like too much of a burden, to have the power of the pen, to feel like you're drifting out on an ocean of emotions that flicker so quickly past you don't have time to grasp it and put it on paper, thoughts and feelings too beautiful to ever be captured by words. And so many times we want to walk away, to stop, to give up. But I think what makes it worth it isn't the result. It doesn't matter what happens in the end. Whether the words are clumsy or not. Whether anybody publishes it or not. Whether or not anyone else approves, even. It doesn't matter in the end. What matters is the journey. And honestly, for people like us? The journey itself is enough.

Posted 10 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I really admire your words my friend, it really fills my heart with warmth, its breathtaking how bro.. read more



Reviews

Today, you have contributed a verse among many others.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

My friend, thank you so much. Its really good to see you. I am grateful with your words... :)
You should never stop writing poems, my brother, you're a natural talent, and especially of catching real moments, and moments of life, and bring them to sublime words... truth, and salvation.

I think you are stronger than you believe yourself, the way you help others, now including your (urg big Sis), is a treasure, even when I'm bigger, it means not I'm wiser... :) you are right now, more zen, more stabile. And I can't thank you enough for that. It feels like true family love.).

Your poem speaks volume, it has so many life edged corners, we face, we see, we walk, we embrace, hate, live, love (yes sometimes we love self-pity or sometimes we love grief)... just to get stronger.
The realm of a poet/poetess is unique, hard, very selfless, (slave of the pen)... it goes, and goes, and is taken, by the truest feelings, during the periode, the poet is channeling ink, into the papyrus.....

This poem is wonderful, it brought me in so many corners of the mind, I want to stay still in each, and re-live it, slowly. Thank you for this astonishing write dear brother. You always nail it on the head.

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I thank you even more...
Fernando Dardón

10 Years Ago

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH HER DUDE :D (Y)
Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you :)
The arts provide a means of catharsis. It isn't in the product per se but the process..... and through it, you grow and find yourself.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you so much sweet.
I've been writing poetry for nearly 50 years, there I've said it, 50 freaking years, and I'm STILL rewriting unpublished and unseen poems. Seriously, it was that bad...and yet, I can't discard any of them, in their original type written and in some cases hand written form. I am still trying to make them work, some 50 years later. I promise you, no matter how you feel about your writing today, you'll feel quite differently tomorrow.....or next month...or even decades. Just keep writing Pax...it will happen and before you know it, you'll just keep on keepin' on.
For example, THIS IS a terrific write showing the angst and fear and confusion....we ALL feel.
I only wish my earliest ones were written as well.
allen

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you much sir Allen, it is good to see you... I had some write-ups before that i can never get .. read more
Great piece mr pax. I always write from the heart. Even when I'm screwing around. I think you do too

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you so much my friend, I know you always do :)
This poem is amazing, it opens my eyes. I really inspires me too. Thank you for this. Keep Writing please

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

Thank you, devon... you too, keep writing, we all need it to expressed...
YES, yes, yes...."a piece of screaming heart" that is precisely what poetry is. An outpouring of emotion peppered with simile and metaphor and then iced over with imagery. Your words are well chosen and expressed so very well. I loved this one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

ms. Lydia, thank you so much... I am really glad you liked this piece...
You've help me a lot in the past Pax. And I know this is just a phase that you've gone through. I have many phase and writing is just one of them. I really do can relate to the emotion of your work here. I know for the fact that our soul always screams and creating poems helps those screaming voices in our head be grounded and be freeflowing in verses. And I do think you did it here. It's heart felt with a touch of rhyme, great!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

Captain your family, and we help each others, with that it is enough and warms my heart to hear your.. read more
no Pax, please don't ever stop writing.

yes, it is true..Poetry won't sustain us...it won't pay the bills of everyday life...for the mundane necessities...but writing is a necessity --those of us who are poets find it is the ink that flows through our veins that keeps us alive...it is part of us.

and your words really impart such feeling...it would be a great loss if you decided to quit...so please...keep the pen moving...you will find other ways to survive.

the most famous poets never were able to live on their words alone...but we are sure glad they wrote.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

my friend, you made me realized that after two years of writing poetry in this site that writing hav.. read more
you should never stop writing, reading, speaking, thinking, feeling, needing or wanting.....your soul may feel like it's bleeding ...really its just leaking off the excess. It is growing....I can feel it. I think we need you as much as you need to be here. You so often remind us that it hurts to be real. That life is sometimes harder than we perceive, that struggle can create beauty and love ..not just sadness and pain. Like I told Emily just this morning I BELIEVE....WE keep this world alive...WE not just an I or a YOU or a THEM. Happy New Year Paxy! remember this year how important you are:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

many hugs to you dear friend... thank you...
"it hurts to be real"...sigh... I know right, it .. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

and happy new year... i wish for us another good year...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2453 Views
57 Reviews
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


heavy heart #1 heavy heart #1

A Poem by Pax