You fell in love with a memory

You fell in love with a memory

A Poem by wordman
"

"

You fell in love

with a memory

as you read my poetry

you read my heart


You saw right through me

right from the start

 you read my mind

you read my soul

I touched you,i know


You could feel the love

and you could feel my pain

from the words

my heart would bring


You fell in love

with a memory

wrote from my heart

for you, from me...

© 2017 wordman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I got a feel for a little of your passion in this piece. Always a good thing to feel a bit of the author in his work. It's just like a painter''s signature on one of their paintings. If there is no signature, you still have a great idea who painted the piece. You read enough of me, you will see what I mean!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.



Reviews

A fantastic set of lyrics:)

Posted 4 Years Ago


 wordman

4 Years Ago

thank you very much,good to see you here
Poetry that writes of love and pain. We put much of ourselves into our work. Others can be touched by that. Some can fall in love with words. I know that feeling. Nicely done Ron.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


 wordman

4 Years Ago

thank you for the visit chris
There is such a beautiful loving light that rises in your words. And words do create such worlds within us... even the distance of a memory.

Posted 4 Years Ago


 wordman

4 Years Ago

thank you for the visit
Thoughts and words to describe love and pain, memories flutter by inside the words you speak ;-] nicely expressed.

Posted 4 Years Ago


 wordman

4 Years Ago

thank you for the visit
Oh how very deep! Falling in love with a memory of you. One she created. I still always find myself smiling at your words here. You have a nice way with words. Very touching and passionate. You're talented ;) this was much enjoyed!!!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


 wordman

5 Years Ago

thank you for the visit
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Beautiful, I really loved this one, Awesome song pick as well. I love chicago, I've seen them in concert quite a few times. This is a wonderful write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rye

6 Years Ago

he had a lot of good music. I listen to country & Classic rock -n-roll and easy mellow stuff like Ai.. read more
 wordman

6 Years Ago

yeap,same with me talk to u later got to go
Rye

6 Years Ago

have a great night
Looking back is sometimes wonderfully comforting, other times it hurts so much. Your words suggest you're nudging someone to share the memories you feel, feel their worth. Your words are sweetly laid but, I wonder, if the way they fall are - in fact, gently crying..

Posted 7 Years Ago


 wordman

7 Years Ago

that`s the beauty of a poem,all comments are different,makes me wonder ej,thank you !
Funny how I read things differently than others. I see a little longing and regret. As though the time has passed by before the love was discovered.

Posted 7 Years Ago


 wordman

7 Years Ago

hat is a good point,thank you
writing with the heart is risky as we expose ourselves in the words but it's ultimately good for the soul. Your poem here is memorable and clear and I hope for you was good to get out. Good job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


 wordman

7 Years Ago

thank you for the visit ! don`t know where the poem came from,maybe deep down somewhere
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

welcome Wordman
I had to go back a ways to find one of your poems that I had not yet reviewed. This one reminds me of a theme you've written about recently, too . . . the way it seems we fall in love with the memories we share in our writing. Maybe it's easier to share these heartfelt things becuz we're writing a poem, alone with the blank page . . . might be harder to share in person, face-to-face!?!?!? Anyhow your words describe something that happens quite a bit in our world of online communications (((HUGS))) Nicely crafted with sincere feelings.

Posted 7 Years Ago


 wordman

7 Years Ago

thank you for the visit,but the poem said he wrote it for her any way .

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3351 Views
88 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 11, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2017

Author

 wordman
wordman

hixson, TN



About
just ask, golden glove boxer years ago,us army veteran ,a contractor is how i make my living, i am an amateur writer.. been here since june of 2013,couldn`t write then,still can`t.but who cares i .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..