The Family

The Family

A Chapter by writergirl10

CHAPTER 2

THE FAMILY

 

“Is this the smell in here? I thought someone baked a cake. Sugary, and tasty. When do we get to have her?” Veronica said, licking her lips. She was gorgeous. She had flawless skin, also pale, and very blue eyes. What can I say? I’m jealous, with my zit-covered skin, stringy hair, and dark blue holey jeans. She stared at me, like, what the heck, dad? Why’d you bring her? I thought you were gonna bring her sister, who’s beautiful? Ugh. My sister was beautiful. I was jealous. I had my father’s everything. Well, except the boy parts, though. That would be nasty. Then there’s Ethan. He’s crazy gorgeous and very pale. I think he’s albino. He looks like his dad, in a way. Well, his adopted dad. I don’t know. Ethan has this dark and good side. He’s cool, but dangerous. And Cheryl and Edgar, they’re super nice, and I’m sure they’ll help me with anything. They have more children, but Veronica and Ethan stay at home.

“Edgar, please let her stay. I bet now, if she turns into one of us, then her family will never take her back.” Cheryl said. She came to stand by me. “I’ll even do it myself.” She said. She wrapped her arm around me. She was ice cold. I guess being a vampire meant you had to give up being warm. And alive.

“No, Cheryl. I was thinking more of Veronica, or maybe even Ethan. They’re kids, and if I do it, or you, then Ethan and Veronica will never learn if they want to transform.”

“So, who’s doing it? Who’s transforming her?” Ethan asked quietly.

“Son, you are. You have potential blood, and she needs very potential blood. You need to get to know her first. That’s what you’re going to do.” He nudges us together. “Ah, why do you see the perfect couple?” he said proudly.

“Sir, when do I get transformed? Will I have time to say goodbye to my family?” I ask anxiously.

“Call me dad, or Edgar. And whenever you get to know Ethan well, then you’ll get transformed. And I don’t know about your family. The transformation is going to be quick, so we can get it out of the way, and then you’ll probably never see them again. I’m really sorry, but newborn vampires, they’re wild. And it will probably take weeks�"no, months. It’s a hard thing to control. The redness in your eyes, the thirsty for human blood�"oh, and by the way, we only eats animal blood. You know, to fit in better.” He explained.

“Ok, well what about school? I have to get my education. Will I stay at the same age? What will I do?” This time, Ethan jumped in.

“You’ll go to school with Veronica and me. You’ll probably be in my classes, and switch from your old classes. And I’ll have to change you myself.” He said. I stare at him. His voice was beautiful. It was like, he was from a different time.

“Well, let’s go. Ethan, Veronica, and Cheryl go hunting, and I’ll stay here with Andy.” Edgar said.

“No, I have to stay here. If I’m going to change you myself, then I have to stay by your side.” Ethan said.

“Ethan, it’s ok. I’ll protect her.” Edgar said reasurring.

“But I want to stay here. I have to.” Ethan almost barked. He’s fighting for me? Wow. He must be the romantic type. I’m more on the quiet side. Definitely, he’s shy, and quiet, but he knows how to stand up for himself.

“Ok, then I’ll go. Let’s go.” Edgar said. We have the whole house to ourselves.

“Alright, they’re gone.” Ethan said when the family left. “What do you want to do?” he added.

“I don’t know.” I mumble.

“Do you want to eat or something?” he suggests.

“Sure.” I say. Sure, yeah, that sounds smart. He’s just so crazy gorgeous, and something his eyes sparkle. It’s like there’s a spark between us.

“What do you want? For lunch, I mean.” He says. We’re already in the kitchen and it’s huge! You can fit a whole elephant in there!

“I’ll just have a Diet Coke, please.” I say. He gets me a Diet Coke and sits down. “Don’t you want one?” I ask.

“No. I’m a vampire, and vampires don’t eat. But I’m okay.” He says. He just sits there, watching me. I feel scared, but not really. “I do have to ask you a question, though. Would you like to be a vampire?” he asks, curious. I stop eating.

“Well, I guess. To live forever, I guess. I mean, if it makes ya’ll happy, then I will.” I say.

“You don’t have to do this, you know. We can hold off for maybe one year. It’s ok, no one will get mad.” He says.

“I want to do this, because, I just want to. I don’t know.” I cried. I was about to cry. He put his arm around me. His embrace was very cold, but warm. We had something together, I felt.

“Ok, well you asked. Just to warn you, newborn vampires are wild.” He said. He kept his arms around me. He’s so warm and cozy.

“Ok, so you’re gonna change me, then why don’t you do it right now? Right now, right here. So, let’s do it.” I said.

“Oh, no, we have to wait a while to change you. We’re not changing you right now, right here.” He says. I sit back in my seat, and I drink my Diet Coke. He’s staring at me weird, and I try to look around the house. This house is so beautiful compared to my house. “Ok, listen. Maybe, we can change you right now. While they’re gone. But we have to hurry.” He said.

“Wait, so what do I do?” I ask confusingly.

“You just sit there and wait for the bite.” He says like he’s been doing this for years. I hate braggers. Maybe we aren’t the perfect couple. He looked into my eyes. His eyes are gorgeous. Maybe we are perfect for each other. Probably when I become a vampire I will be beautiful as him, and the rest of the family. I don’t know. Maybe I’m too ugly. “You have beautiful eyes, you know. Such big, brown eyes, and they’re so beautiful. They’re going to be more beautiful when they’re red or even golden when you’ve settled down,” he says with a beautiful voice. I put my neck up, and he starts to bite. It’s excruciating. His bite is graceful. I feel him stop, but the fire in my body is not. When it’s finally done, I open my bright red eyes to the most gorgeous face.

 



© 2010 writergirl10


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow you made Ethan into a goody good and then into a Bad Boy. Awesome!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on May 22, 2010
Last Updated on May 22, 2010


Author

writergirl10
writergirl10

About
I love History and English, and the Twilight Saga. I love to write, and I love to read. more..

Writing
The Wish The Wish

A Chapter by writergirl10


New? New?

A Chapter by writergirl10