Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Novelle

 

Taking a breath, trailing my hands across the brow of the winds, moving gently around the fire, life moving around me. The songs of many decades escape into my being, my voice does not raise to great them, and my mind does not open to see them. I am me, this is my moment, and this is the song that I want to tell everyone when I gather the strength.
 
Around me, the air moves, the current of my spell, of my circle, moves to accept the intruder who comes immediately to me. They grab around my waist, holding me to them, strong skin against gentle flesh, strength against the delicateness of life and womanhood. Suddenly, they turn me around and I grasp the falling belief that this is nothing but a dream that I do not want to end. Striking eyes, the mixture of blue and gold, clash with mine of hazel and I gasp as they lean down to take my lips into their's. My body freezes a small amount, but they give me time to adjust to the kiss. It deepens, the mixture of our two lips mashed together becomes a heaven sent pleasure, and I melt into them, their warmth washing over my shivering body.
 
Letting go of my frame, they sat me down and bows a gentle, elegant, gentleman bow and I am taking by surprise that this gentleman had just kissed me. I stand, frozen to the ground that had become my roots, and stare at the strange man as he moves to a smile, the grace and ease making me envious. He leans down and takes my hand within his, kissing the knuckles with a gentle gesture that made a smile grace my lips now. Then he lets go and turns towards the moon as he recites:
 
“Gentle power of a soul so pure
Thy mixes life with sorrow
A fortnight or more
You will meet the end
 
“Visions to be seen
Truth to be told
Hold on, my Fae,
Tomorrow will be gone.”
 
I look at him with wonder, both onto how he knew that poem and the fact that he had stated it, before he disappeared before my eyes and I ran to the lingering shape of his form. There were no tears escaping my eyes as I tried to make him stay longer. He, however, whispered, “Tomorrow be on your toes. Think hard before you act, and, my Fae, do not let the anguish overcome you. We shall meet soon.” He vanished before my eyes and I turned around, stunned.
 
Take a breath, move in and move out, breath again, let go, finish the ritual, and pass on.


© 2009 Novelle


Author's Note

Novelle
This is a story that I know I should continue but I need to know what other people think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

is this some sort of romance novel ? if so it is good

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love ur choice of words
and its a great story
u shud definetly continue! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2009


Author

Novelle
Novelle

About
I love to write. It has been a passion all my life. Of course I am not a grand writer but my stories have feelings and depths to them that goes beyond the pages. I tell what I listen to. ~*~ We are wr.. more..

Writing
Rina's Memory Rina's Memory

A Story by Novelle


Vision Vision

A Poem by Novelle


My Hope My Hope

A Story by Novelle