Overshadowed By Darkness

Overshadowed By Darkness

A Chapter by GetTheHellOut

  "What's that? And where are we going?" Irma asked worried with her voice breaking. "No time to explain now. Your father told me to take care of you if anything happened..." she hurried to answer and then stopped. 'What's going on here?" the girl asked terrified, "Is my father ok?" she continued with a trembling voice as if hesitating to ask. Tasha didn't answer, her almost orange eyes suddenly went a tone darker. "Hurry" she said as she gazed at Irma with a blank look and started pacing fast once again. The got out of the building and Tasha stared at the pitch black night sky for a second. The moon wasn't visible so were the stars, like the light of hope was overshadowed by darkness.

  They got in Tasha's black shiny van. The girl was still shuddering as negative thoughts of what could have happened entered her mind. Irma's sad eyes met the young assistand's cold look. "I wish I could tell you that everything would be alright at the end... We can only hope... But I promise I'll do my best..." Tasha whispered in a soft voice and she somehow seemed different now, vulnerable...

  No one spoke after that, just silence, until they reached their destination after a fifteen minute ride through the woods. "You live here?" Irma asked supprised as she saw the little warm and hostile house between the trees. "Yah... And you'll have to stay with me at least for a couple of days until it's all over. I know that you are not used to living in places like this but it's safer here with me and you'll get used to it eventually..." she blubbed. The girl thought of her home, her room in her big luxurious hose where she had spend so much time alone and quickly replied, "No it's great It must be really exciting leaving in the woods". Tasha grinned, "Not really" staring at the sky again as she and Dr. Derek's daughter entered the her house. Another note was found right under the door, with fast moves she picked it up and started reading.

 

   "The darkness rises and covers everything

   I stare into nothing, overshadowed and gone..."

 

 "Not funny anymore..." she muttered to herself rolling her eyes and tearing the paper apart. Irma gave her a look full of question. The young woman ignored her. She closed the door and showed her in. The house consisted of three small rooms. A bedroom, a small kitchen and a living room that included a toilet. The girl almost laughed to herself at the thought that her room was almost as big as her father's assistant's whole house. She used to feel jealous of Tasha when she was a couple of years younger, as if she was a threat to her. Mainly for two reasons, firstly she was extraordinary beautiful, of medium height and slim she seemed to be a strong woman, furthermore she had a pale skin that complimented her dark long straight hair and  brown - orange eyes. Secondly she spended so much time with Dr. Derek aiding him with his work, much more time that the girl ever dreamed of spending with him... Irma couldn't help but feeling somehow overshadowed by her, by what Tasha and her father did...

 

    



© 2008 GetTheHellOut


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on August 7, 2008
Last Updated on August 8, 2008


Author

GetTheHellOut
GetTheHellOut

Nicosia, Cyprus



About
I'm Christina and I'm 15 years old. My native language is Greek and I'm from Cyprus. I'm currently at highschool. When I found this website I thought I should give a shot at writing. Usually my writin.. more..

Writing