Game of Life

Game of Life

A Poem by xNote_to_selfx

As time flies by
We forget our selves
As time flies by
We become history
Living in the present
Looking to the past
Begging for the future
Good times never last
As time flies by
We loose our selves
Victims of the present 
admirers of the past
tools for the future 
pawns in the game of life

© 2011 xNote_to_selfx


Author's Note

xNote_to_selfx
This probably isn't very good. Didn't put much though of time into it. well tell me what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

sometimes good works take little time and less thought. this must have been one of those times. this poem feels honest, and is so very true. i like your use of repetition. i also like your use of contrasting lines. very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think it reads as if you just opened your mind and heart and let it roll. Its wonderful reading. Since the thoughts are in actual order, it is as if the poem expresses things you have had in your mind you've been mulling over and have come to conclusion about. Quite mature thinking. I like the way you've explained yourself in your "about me" also. That in itself is a maturity saying that you are not depressed but some of your writing will sound as though you are. I really like to know the author of the writing I read and you have explained yourself quite well. now as I read your poetry I will think of who and what you are as I read what you create! I think you WILL be published one day just keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this, it's clever.

this has that "short and sweet" feel, but actually, i think it could use some elaboration. i'm not sure what else it needs specifically, but maybe reread it, put a little more thought into it and just see what you come up with?

Posted 12 Years Ago


"probably isn't very good"


SHUT UP this is short, but quite amazing

85/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hey this is awesome :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its actually very well written. I liked the message in the piece and the flow to it. Just keep in mind that selfs would actually be selves, and flys would be flies. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is brief but has a nice flow, it has a fast tempo but a smooth feel, so it definitely makes us feel like the passage of time is going way too fast, swooshing softly by us. This poem is concise and a good look at a moment in time, a moment when we realize that life is passing us by. Nice write. By the way, "flys" should be "flies" and "selfs" should be "selves" :-)
This is nice writing with lots of potential.

Posted 13 Years Ago


insightful and well thought

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was great Jade. Some insightful thoughts, which turned into a good little write. Well done dear!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it, it's so true. We do often have very little control of our lives and the situations we find ourselves in often define us. Awesome job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 15, 2011

Author

xNote_to_selfx
xNote_to_selfx

MO



About
Hi my name is Jade. I am 17 years young. My hobbies include writing (obviously), reading and playing bass guitar. One of the authors I look up to is Anne Rice, she is an amazing writer and I aspire to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Boyhood Boyhood

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy